GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the courts have their own testing done? I would think so as it appeared the Judge ordered it. However, after seeing a few other trials, like Arias, I would not be surprised if TC did not try to fake the end results, maybe coachef by herbteam in how to fake the answers. She knew right from wrong, she called FC and told him, she knew.

:drumroll:Someone get Dr. Janeen DeMarte licensed in Texas. Quick! End of the princess nonsense....

:drumroll:Someone get Dr. Janeen DeMarte licensed in Texas. Quick! End of the princess nonsense....
Great idea! She'll also rule out the mental retardation nonsense! She knows how to "cut through the fog", LOL!!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I'm going to try & concisely express the possible outcomes & questions I see for the Couch family future. Please, anyone, feel free to add to my list or disagree with anything I say.

1. Unless Ethan has had a very unpleasant experience in Mexican detention I can't see him changing his ways. I'm not sure he could change even if he wanted to.
(a) best case scenario for him. For some strange reason his status is not changed to adult court & he waltzes away free as a bird.
(b) Unless he has had a revelation, he will offend again as an adult in a totally unrelated matter & go off to the big house. God only knows how many people have to die this time.
(c) Is Fred going to continue to fund Ethan's expenses?

2. Fred Couch. He has a hearing coming up 3/18/16.
(a) If there is a trial & he is sentenced for a 3rd degree felony (impersonating a police officer) , will he receive a 2-10 year sentence or be released on probation?
(b) If he goes to prison, is there anyone who can run his business & keep the money flowing in? If not, what happens then?

3. Tonya Couch.
(a) Her hearing date has yet to be set. If she is found not mentally competent to stand trial, she goes off to the pysch. hospital until such time as she is declared competent. I honestly don't see that as being any more fun than jail.
(b) If she goes to trial & is found guilty is she sentenced from 2-10 for a 3rd degree felony, hindering apprehension or put on probation?
(c) Who is going to fund her defense? I assume her divorce settlement will not be huge since she & Fred have only been married for 2 years this time.

At this time, I only have 1 more question. Do they have family units in the big house??????

I thought we would have heard the judge's decision about EC's status by now.

Go back about 3 days, on this forum, a link was posted. The Judge ruled EC would remain in j-detention and NOT be transferred to adult jail. The reason...if he is sent to adult jail, EC could get bond and be out of jail. Remaining in j-detention he is still confined.

Beautiful letter but I am afriad it would fall on deaf ears, if EC and family even took the time to read it.

I'm not sure it was meant for EC's ears, as much as it was meant to inform the public about what incredible people the victims on the side of the road were, and what a loss their lives were, and the power of hope. I am just so impressed by the families who lost loved ones that evening, who had no involvement at all. God bless them. What a powerful testament that they had hoped he would turn his life around and use this horrible tragedy for good, to prevent further tragedies like this.

I'm not sure it was meant for EC's ears, as much as it was meant to inform the public about what incredible people the victims on the side of the road were, and what a loss their lives were, and the power of hope. I am just so impressed by the families who lost loved ones that evening, who had no involvement at all. God bless them. What a powerful testament that they had hoped he would turn his life around and use this horrible tragedy for good, to prevent further tragedies like this.

I know EC will propbably never read it, however, mom, dad and lawyers just might.
The letter was a great and very 'nice' way to inform the public. I hope someone on the other side reads and thinks, that is asking a lot.

The letter was a great and very 'nice' way to inform the public. I hope someone on the other side reads and thinks, that is asking a lot.

Yes, that is asking a lot. It seems to me that all the Couch family are living in their own little universe. I doubt any of them could relate to anything like a normal human.

Yes, that is asking a lot. It seems to me that all the Couch family are living in their own little universe. I doubt any of them could relate to anything like a normal human.

For that letter to touch them, they'd have to have the ability to empathize. I don't think any of them are capable of empathy. It's pretty unusual to have all 3 members of a nuclear family lacking such an important human characteristic, but maybe it's genetic to a degree.

I haven't heard of her. Please enlighten us. It sounds like we need her.

She was the psychologist who was the "fogcutter" in the Jodi Arias case. Saw through her BS. Jodi couldn't turn her charms on her and snow her.

Go back about 3 days, on this forum, a link was posted. The Judge ruled EC would remain in j-detention and NOT be transferred to adult jail. The reason...if he is sent to adult jail, EC could get bond and be out of jail. Remaining in j-detention he is still confined.
Why would they let him bond out when he is clearly a flight risk???:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Why would they let him bond out when he is clearly a flight risk???:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Ummmm, they have the same disease, afluenza? :gaah:

It would be the adult court judge making the call, with the defense attorney pushing for bail. The juvenile judge did not want to take chances that some judge could be persuaded to let him have bail. Thank goodness.

My next question is.....if out on bail...where would he go??? Home was sold, mom is with her other son and I do not think the 2 together would be allowed and dad is in trouble....glad this will never come up for now.

A very troubling case. Just hope the future judges are hard on them so no one gets hurt. JMO

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
BREAKING: #EthanCouch #AffluenzaTeen MOVED TO ADULT FACILITY. [video=twitter;695697501010182144]https://twitter.com/CBS11JasonAllen/status/695697501010182144[/video] …

Cathy ‏@courtchatter
BREAKING: #EthanCouch #AffluenzaTeen MOVED TO ADULT FACILITY. [video=twitter;695697501010182144]https://twitter.com/CBS11JasonAllen/status/695697501010182144[/video] …

I would like to know the entire story and can he now get out on bond, like it was reported earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper