GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops accidental post.
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm going to have to pack my daughter up, move her to Texas and teach her how to steal and maybe mug a few people. Will Texas pay for a PHD if she murders someone?

thats what I told my son, go stick up a 7/11 lol

1 night?

Ethan Couch spent more than $2,000 on strippers and alcohol at two Puerto Vallarta clubs – Prestige and Harem, the latter of which boasts on a sign outside its building of “Boobies & Booties Galore.” Couch spent hours inside Harem.

Ethan Couch maxed out his debit card and was so drunk that employees had to help him back to the hotel and forced Tonya to pay the remainder of Ethan’s two tabs.

Tonya was “furious” Ethan had spent so much money at the clubs.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/68773478-story

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article52741505.html

Speculation is that there were some differences in that case which influenced her decision, one being that he stole a truck right before killing his victim:

He also tried to pin the crime on another teen. Ethan never did that.

Miller could have been released after serving his juvenile portion of his sentence:

And indeed, he was paroled after serving four years.

But then he got in trouble again:

This kid could also have served relatively minimal time, but like Ethan, this leopard did not lose his spots.

Miller killed one person. Ethan killed four. Ethan had prior citation for consumption of alcohol by a minor, so it wasn't his first rodeo with alcohol. Basically, it is debatable who should have gotten a longer sentence. But the huge difference in sentencing (poor kid -long prison term, rich kid-probation and treatment) makes no sense to me.

Here is Ethan's prior:

"He was driving his mom’s F-150 on a night in February 2013 when a Lakeside police officer found him peeing in the parking lot of a Dollar General at 1 am. In the truck was an unclothed 14-year-old girl, a can of Miller Lite, and a 1.75-liter bottle of Grey Goose. The officer asked the clearly intoxicated 15-year-old Ethan what he was doing."

http://www.dmagazine.com/publicatio...a-the-worst-parents-ever-ethan-couch?single=1

did he have priors ? I think they fail to mention that on the TV show you saw.

Ethan was the one with a prior (consumption of alcohol by a minor). (and that's the time he got caught, and should have gotten in much more trouble, considering the circumstances of that incident).

In regards to Ethan being caught a few years prior to the drunk driving killings by police at a gas station, urinating outside it with an intoxicated, naked 14 year old girl in"his" truck.......

Just like many other illegal things he has done and was caught in the act of, I don't believe he ever had any charges formally laid and therefore never had any official "priors". All of these things he did against the law - he magically never has prior$ for even though he was caught in the act by the police and there are reports about it. No charges were ever laid.

Here is Ethan's prior:

"He was driving his mom’s F-150 on a night in February 2013 when a Lakeside police officer found him peeing in the parking lot of a Dollar General at 1 am. In the truck was an unclothed 14-year-old girl, a can of Miller Lite, and a 1.75-liter bottle of Grey Goose. The officer asked the clearly intoxicated 15-year-old Ethan what he was doing."

http://www.dmagazine.com/publicatio...a-the-worst-parents-ever-ethan-couch?single=1

but he was never even charged with anything to do with that. So it apparently does not count as a "prior"

Can you please provide a link to this law of which you speak?

the program was called Spector and my friend just called and told me they have had to suspend it for now due to the lower oil prices, I guess that is where they were getting the money to pay for it so for now in its place they are offering in house classes at the juvy jail for the little brats LOL He said if oil ever gets back up near 100 a barrel that is when they will re instate the funding for this program. He is an adminstrator for the system... no link sorry this is all I know

but he was never even charged with anything to do with that. So it apparently does not count as a "prior"

He got a citation for "alcohol consumption by a minor."

He got a citation for "alcohol consumption by a minor."

Receiving a citation doesn't mean he has 'priors' or a record.

Was he actually found guilty/delinquent of it?

Well whoever did the reporting was wrong. Ethan actually spent $0 on strip clubs. It's been reported many times that mommy paid for him to go to strip clubs :eek::eek:hwow:

I guess he was lucky that he wasn't arrested when he couldn't pay his strip club bill and mommy had to come to the rescue for him yet again and pay off his tab!

Mums is gone now, or on her way. What will he do now if he wants a strip steak, a baked potato, and dessert named Susie or Sallie or Maria or Misty? You know he's prolly lonesome -- what about a feminine companion for a couple of hours; who will take care of that? Or does he have a Super Canteen account at the holding cell (or whatever it is)? Grrrrrrrr.

the program was called Spector and my friend just called and told me they have had to suspend it for now due to the lower oil prices, I guess that is where they were getting the money to pay for it so for now in its place they are offering in house classes at the juvy jail for the little brats LOL He said if oil ever gets back up near 100 a barrel that is when they will re instate the funding for this program. He is an adminstrator for the system... no link sorry this is all I know

I wonder if this is the same as a Pell Grant? Couldn't find anything on a Specter grant, but Pell grants were revoked for prisoners at some point, and I do believe the government was trying to get them reinstated for some prisoners who needed the financial assistance to take college courses. Not sure if they extended beyond their incarceration, though. (Just going on memory, no link, sorry.)

Here is what I found:

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2014/may/19/prison-education-programs-threatened/

thank you for finding that, I just know when he told me that I hit the ceiling LOL I cant remember how long ago it was, I want to say it has not been going on for very long before it got shut down. Initially he never told me how they were paying for it and i dont understand what oil prices have to do with it. I just figured the taxpayers ( me) were footing the bill...

Thanks for the link.

Just recently Texas passed a new law that all these bratty kids were getting into trouble partly due to poverty ( not in Ethan's case) and so they decided that after the little imps get out of jail they are offered a FREE 4 year ride to any state college of their choice books and all. I was livid when I found that out ! I have to shell out over 100 grand for my kid who has never commited a crime and these little punks get a free ride. Not fair ! and I dont want to pay for their school, no way Jose

From the link:

The grants, known as Specter funds – named after correctional education advocate and late-U.S. Senator Arlen Specter – provided money to state prison systems that helped underwrite a portion of the cost of post-secondary programs for prisoners.

BBM

According to the link provided, in no way, shape, or form, is the Specter "program" (put into effect by US Congressional law, not Texas law, and not even limited to just Texas anyway) providing a "FREE 4 year ride to any state college of their choice, books and all" to violent offenders coming out of juvie in Texas. There is tuition assistance for some incarcerated prisoners WHILE serving their sentences, which, by the way, has been shown to reduce recidivism in these inmates after they are released into society.

So this information about all these "priors" was not available to the judge?

I don't agree with Ethan's sentence. But it's not like the judge wasn't using any logic whatsoever when she sentenced him, or that this is clear evidence that she was paid off. In Texas, when dealing with minors, the courts tend to lean towards rehabilitation rather than punishment. Ethan's crime was nevertheless an unitentional event not committed while also committing felony theft. The judge apparently felt there was a chance of him turning him around. Clearly she was wrong. And the other kid didn't end up serving much of his original sentence, and ended up right back in trouble as well. Seems they are both lost causes.

If they put him (and his mom) in jail and threw away the key, it wouldn't bother me one damn bit. Especially with regard to the mom, because I think she and Pops are the ones who deserve the most blame for ruining this kid.

Thanks for the link.

From the link:

BBM

According to the link provided, in no way, shape, or form, is the Specter "program" (not Texas law, and not even limited to just Texas anyway) providing a "FREE 4 year ride to any state college of their choice, books and all" to violent offenders coming out of juvie in Texas. There is tuition assistance for some incarcerated prisoners WHILE serving their sentences, which, by the way, has been shown to reduce recidivism in these inmates after they are released into society.

whatever it was its over now at least in the short term. the only thing they can get is video taped classes while serving time, which BTW, is not really a jail, one particular " state school " they call it is in an old elementary school. They have rooms like dorms and go to class every day etc. It's nothing like a real prison. Ethan would have been much better off to have served his time there. When he gets back he faces real jail but will probably be given special treatment as long as he can fork over money for favors.

So this information about all these "priors" was not available to the judge?

I don't agree with Ethan's sentence. But it's not like the judge wasn't using any logic whatsoever when she sentenced him, or that this is clear evidence that she was paid off. In Texas, when dealing with minors, the courts tend to lean towards rehabilitation rather than punishment. Ethan's crime was nevertheless an unitentional event not committed while also committing felony theft. The judge apparently felt there was a chance of him turning him around. Clearly she was wrong. And the other kid didn't end up serving much of his original sentence, and ended up right back in trouble as well. Seems they are both lost causes.

If they put him (and his mom) in jail and threw away the key, it wouldn't bother me one damn bit. Especially with regard to the mom, because I think she and Pops are the ones who deserve the most blame for ruining this kid.

All the information about the prior was available to the judge. He was actually cited for underaged consumption of alcohol (plead no contest). He was given probation. Since it was published in msm, I have no doubt judge knew this.

"Couch had been cited earlier in 2013 for being a minor in possession of alcohol and consuming alcohol as a minor, pleading no contest to both charges in a March hearing."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/02/05/no-jail-for-teen/5242173/

And no, I don't agree that judge was using any logic whatsoever.

Receiving a citation doesn't mean he has 'priors' or a record.

Was he actually found guilty/delinquent of it?

What exactly does it mean then? He plead no contest and was given probation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina