GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fil Alvarado ‏@FilAlvaradoFox4
Tonya Couch won't have to pay $3,177.93 cost of her extradition. Judge rescinds order. @FOX4

Tonya Couch won't have to pay $3,177.93 cost of her extradition. Judge rescinds order. @FOX4

This is almost becoming comical. Kind of. In a dark and disturbing way.

:facepalm:
:sigh:
:thud:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What next?????????????:tantrum::banghead::mad:

(respectfully snipped for space)

But that's not how true remorse and regret looks on a 16 year old, when they've done something horrific. If they've done some little sin, like backing dad's car into the garage door, remorse looks like a sincere apology and extra helpfulness around the house, offers to help pay for damage, etc.

Remorse after a horrific tragedy that took 4 lives doesn't look clean. It doesn't involve gracious public apologies, and resolve to use their own lives in a way that has a positive affect on the world.

Remorse and regret, in a 16 year old, looks like a complete falling apart usually. An implosion. A spiraling into the depths. And from what I've read (there has been very very little published about Ethan's behavior after the crash and before the videotaped teen party), that's exactly what his life was. An implosion.

My 16 year old read this post and finds it weird. (No offense)

Can you think of any cases where that reaction happened? I'm searching my mind, both public cases and private tragedies I've known about and all I see are kids who break and spiral down, even in cases where the incident was truly no one's fault, just a pure accident (unlike drunk driving).

I'm asking honestly, pondering this - have you ever seen a teen who causes a horrific tragedy quickly clean themselves up and become spokespersons for that cause? Remember, it has only been 2 years since the deaths.

I never said anything about "quickly." I would expect all of those actions to evolve over time. But I would expect to see horror and remorse IMMEDIATELY. That's not what was ever expressed, even at the scene.

“I’m Ethan. I can get you out of all this,” witness Corbin Clark recalled him saying.

“Just remember my name and I’ll get you out of all this.”

And it has been 2 years and 8 months since it occurred. His behavior shows no hint of comprehension of his acts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...tim-ethan-couch-crash-scene-article-1.2495385

More information on the Tonya Couch hearing:

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...county-for-extradition-from-los-angeles.html/

Apparently this is possibly a temporary delay in her paying the extradition costs - those could still be rolled into the court cost at the end of the resolution of her case.

I am glad you found this article, because I read a few others that stated afluenzamom would NOT have to pay. I can see waiting until trial is over, but not for her to get off without paying at all. I hope they freeze her monies for now so she will not have monies for that, but I doubt the courts did this. I think her court time will hinge on after her sons hearing and what happens.

Thanks for posting this

Why does this teflon family keep getting breaks???:banghead::banghead::banghead: Why shouldn't she have to pay her extradition costs rather than the state of Texas? It would be pocket change to her- a night on the town.

Why does this teflon family keep getting breaks???:banghead::banghead::banghead: Why shouldn't she have to pay her extradition costs rather than the state of Texas? It would be pocket change to her- a night on the town.

Because they are the 1% and they are entitled. A lot of things would be pocket change for these type of people, but nobody wants to make them pay their fair share. Thats the society we live in, and there is little interest in changing things.

At the rate this is going , this thread will probably continue until all 3 of the Couches die of old age. A lot of the rest of us older ones will probably be long gone before that happens.

My 16 year old read this post and finds it weird. (No offense)

Well, I find it weird when people say "no offense" after they say something they fully mean to be offensive. (er, no offense).

Because they are the 1% and they are entitled. A lot of things would be pocket change for these type of people, but nobody wants to make them pay their fair share. Thats the society we live in, and there is little interest in changing things.

I think this will probably, as the article upthread states, end with her paying the 3K extradition costs when her case is wrapped up. According to the article, the court has frozen her bank account so she has no current access to money. Her son, who has agreed to house her during this period of house arrest has been footing her bills. If I were the judge I'd have a hard time asking him to pay the extradition cost at this point - he has a wife and children to support and is a sympathetic figure here. He's done nothing wrong and he's basically had to step up and serve in the role of parent to his mother.

I don't think she'll get out of having to pay for the cost of extradition, and other appropriate court fees, once all is said and done and she again has access to her accounts.

I never said anything about "quickly." I would expect all of those actions to evolve over time. But I would expect to see horror and remorse IMMEDIATELY. That's not what was ever expressed, even at the scene.

And it has been 2 years and 8 months since it occurred. His behavior shows no hint of comprehension of his acts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...tim-ethan-couch-crash-scene-article-1.2495385

Horror. Remorse. SOMETHING. This little twerp-o has shown NOTHING but entitlement, and contempt for the law. He KNOWS what he did, but he just doesn't care.

(respectfully snipped for space)

But that's not how true remorse and regret looks on a 16 year old, when they've done something horrific. If they've done some little sin, like backing dad's car into the garage door, remorse looks like a sincere apology and extra helpfulness around the house, offers to help pay for damage, etc.

Remorse after a horrific tragedy that took 4 lives doesn't look clean. It doesn't involve gracious public apologies, and resolve to use their own lives in a way that has a positive affect on the world.

Remorse and regret, in a 16 year old, looks like a complete falling apart usually. An implosion. A spiraling into the depths. And from what I've read (there has been very very little published about Ethan's behavior after the crash and before the videotaped teen party), that's exactly what his life was. An implosion.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I know a kid who just closed off to the world. Years later you figure out that they really didn't have the coping skills and that they were actually falling to pieces inside.

If that person had appeared in some news articles they probably would have looked like somebody who didn't care about anything rather than the internal mess that they were. And this was somebody I knew, it's even more difficult to correctly judge a stranger from a distance.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I know a kid who just closed off to the world. Years later you figure out that they really didn't have the coping skills and that they were actually falling to pieces inside.

If that person had appeared in some news articles they probably would have looked like somebody who didn't care about anything rather than the internal mess that they were. And this was somebody I knew, it's even more difficult to correctly judge a stranger from a distance.

How exactly is he "closed off to the world?" First he is filmed at the party where there is drinking going on. So far from being closed off to the world, he was attending the party he wasn't supposed to have been attending per his probation. Then he goes off to Mexico with his mama, and reportedly while there he went to a strip club.
Is that considered "being closed off to the world" nowdays?

How exactly is he "closed off to the world?" First he is filmed at the party where there is drinking going on. So far from being closed off to the world, he was attending the party he wasn't supposed to have been attending per his probation. Then he goes off to Mexico with his mama, and reportedly while there he went to a strip club.
Is that considered "being closed off to the world" nowdays?

I'm talking about being emotionally closed off. And I'm talking specifically about an entirely different person as an example of how outward appearances do not always equate to what's going on internally. You are still physically present while you are emotionally closed off. It doesn't mean that you disappear from sight.

I can't say whether Ethan was closed off or not. I can't say anything about him. I've never met the guy. I have very little to go on to determine how he feels inside.

I would guess remorse in a teenager looks like this:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/17081013/2012/03/05/teen-convicted-of-killing-girlfriend-to-be-sentenced

This kid is someone that I have more sympathy for and what happened to him is something I view as an accident. His girlfriend was killed when they were fooling around with a gun. While what he did was stupid, he had no history of prior incidents of behaving recklessly with a gun where the cops had to school him and he mouthed off to them about how he had taken pre law classes and he knew his rights.

He was barely 18. He only accidentally killed one person and was deeply remorseful for it. He even worked to pay off his bond while awaiting trial. He got ten years in prison.

As for Ethan, when you get in trouble for doing something once, you're supposed to know better and you aren't supposed to do it again. He did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper