GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couch was taught no lessons by his parents; he could have been taught some by a judge but instead got a judge who himself had a "boys will be boys" attitude and gave him a mere slap on the wrist.

There's no wonder this kid feels entitled and does not understand the concept of accepting responsibility for one's actions.

Basically, it just says that he has waived his right to another detention hearing that was scheduled for tomorrow 2/12/16. I assume this means that he is not unhappy (under the circumstances) with his current detention situation.

Richard Simmons in his full 80s spandex glory. What is there to be unhappy about?

Wasn't Couch's trial judge a woman? I don't understand her reasoning, but I don't know that it was "boys will be boys". (IIRC, she did not run for reelection.)

Wasn't Couch's trial judge a woman? I don't understand her reasoning, but I don't know that it was "boys will be boys". (IIRC, she did not run for reelection.)

Boys will be boys theory doesn't work with that judge. She had no problem with sentencing a minor not afflicted with affluenza to actual prison time for driving drunk and killing someone.

Boys will be boys theory doesn't work with that judge. She had no problem with sentencing a minor not afflicted with affluenza to actual prison time for driving drunk and killing someone.

I remember hearing about that.

IMO, affluenza is code for "They bribed their way out of trouble."

Sorry I didn't make my statement clear. I was referring to the state prisons in Texas only. I suppose each state can decide how they want to house their prisoners. Ethan is currently in the county jail awaiting a ruling. If he ever is sent to the state adult penitentiary it is my understanding that the Texas prison system only has solitary confinement for death row inmates. The US Federal system can pretty much do whatever they want especially when it comes to terrorists.

Here's some info on it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/06/texas-solitary-confinement-report_n_6631788.html

Reading the media reports and comments I was asking....

Why did EC really decide to come back to US? Reports were he was a model prisoner. With dad's money, he could have been let out of Mexico jail and stayed there. It was reported he was lonely....there are people who are lonely because of the loss of their loved ones because of him. I don't buy the story.

Why did EC really not fight to stay in j-detention? No reports he was causing any problems. Maybe he was 'picked', but He had a lot more freedom there, so he should have fought for that freedom....I dont buy the story 'for his own protection'. But I am glad he is isolation.

Why is EC really not fighting to get out of adult jail? It was reported EC could apply for bail if in jail.....something changed...he is not applying for bail.

Why is EC bring a model prisoner? Almost too much a 'goodie two shoes'.

What is EC and his lawyers really up to? Will have to wait until next hearing.

IMO at the next hearing we will find out. EC wants out and he thinks by cooperating now he will walk and not serve any more time. IMO EC and lawyers are going to try get anything and everything thrown out so EC walks.

EC may be scared, but his parents taught him how to 'play' the game to benefit himself and it benefits him to be 'good' to 'show' how he can behave without his parents. This is nothing more then a game to him.

I feel for each victim and their family as there really is no end in sight, unless EC was in prison for 40 years...and it would not be an end just EC off the streets.

JMO goodnight everyone

Why did EC really decide to come back to US? Reports were he was a model prisoner. With dad's money, he could have been let out of Mexico jail and stayed there. It was reported he was lonely....there are people who are lonely because of the loss of their loved ones because of him. I don't buy the story.

Why did EC really not fight to stay in j-detention? No reports he was causing any problems. Maybe he was 'picked', but He had a lot more freedom there, so he should have fought for that freedom....I dont buy the story 'for his own protection'. But I am glad he is isolation.

Why is EC really not fighting to get out of adult jail? It was reported EC could apply for bail if in jail.....something changed...he is not applying for bail.

Why is EC bring a model prisoner? Almost too much a 'goodie two shoes'.

What is EC and his lawyers really up to? Will have to wait until next hearing.

IMO at the next hearing we will find out. EC wants out and he thinks by cooperating now he will walk and not serve any more time. IMO EC and lawyers are going to try get anything and everything thrown out so EC walks.

EC may be scared, but his parents taught him how to 'play' the game to benefit himself and it benefits him to be 'good' to 'show' how he can behave without his parents. This is nothing more then a game to him.

I feel for each victim and their family as there really is no end in sight, unless EC was in prison for 40 years...and it would not be an end just EC off the streets.

JMO goodnight everyone

Very good questions!! This case has been so strange I wouldn't even begin to guess what will happen next.

He was given two options. 1. Stay in the Mexican immigration detention center indefinitely, or 2. Drop the appeal, be deported, face the charges in Texas, and eventually be released. He obviously chose #2.

Being released from immigration and staying in Mexico was not an option given to him.

Attorney Fernando Benitez said Tuesday that Ethan Couch formally ratified his decision to drop the appeal on Monday.

"I gave him several options, but he decided to go to Texas to face whatever charges he faces," Benitez.

The appeal had led to a court injunction against Mexico's original decision to deport Couch. Since then, he has been held at an immigration detention center on the outskirts of Mexico City.

Benitez expects a judge to close the case Tuesday, noting that would clear the way for Couch to return to Texas in one or two days.

"I have people at the courthouse ... waiting for notification that the appeal has formally been dropped," Benitez said. "Once the injunction is removed, they will deport Ethan in 24 or 48 hours.

He said Couch had decided not to continue with the constitutional appeal after "he reviewed the basis of the appeal in Mexico," and because "it was in his interest" to do so.

Affluenza" teen Ethan Couch drops Mexico appeal

http://www.fox4news.com/news/89784515-story

''Deputies called after Fred Couch, Ethan's dad, allegedly assaults ex-girlfriend'''

Note to GF, get the heck away from this family and now !

Typical battered woman, afraid to file charges. Shouldn't be dependent on the victim to file charges in these cases! Sounds like they need a family suite behind bars:jail: (this kind, not alcoholic ones) for the whole Couch family!!!

Typical battered woman, afraid to file charges. Shouldn't be dependent on the victim to file charges in these cases! Sounds like they need a family suite behind bars:jail: (this kind, not alcoholic ones) for the whole Couch family!!!

There may be a more dysfunctional family somewhere in the world but I surely don't know where that might be!

He was given two options. 1. Stay in the Mexican immigration detention center indefinitely, or 2. Drop the appeal, be deported, face the charges in Texas, and eventually be released. He obviously chose #2.

Being released from immigration and staying in Mexico was not an option given to him.

Affluenza" teen Ethan Couch drops Mexico appeal

I got the impression that Mexico could release EC and he could stay in Mexico, of course daddy would have had to fund him a lot of money. Mexico does not race to 'hear' cases, and that is why EC was not released. He would have only been released if Mexico thought the US was unfair to EC.

IMO EC thought he would be released right away, like his mom. That did not happen.

Is EC and his mom allowed phone contact?

I got the impression that Mexico could release EC and he could stay in Mexico, of course daddy would have had to fund him a lot of money. Mexico does not race to 'hear' cases, and that is why EC was not released. He would have only been released if Mexico thought the US was unfair to EC.

IMO EC thought he would be released right away, like his mom. That did not happen.

Is EC and his mom allowed phone contact?

His mom was not released. She was deported, from Mexico. Why would you get the impression that he could stay in Mexico?

They were arrested for not having documentation of legal presence in Mexico. So they were being deported. His mother was already deported, and he was fighting deportation. When he stopped fighting deportation, he too was deported, just like is mother.

I’m not sure what circumstances you think he would be allowed to stay in Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06