Found Safe TX - Ezra Parrish, 3, New Waverly, 27 May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM-- Details of the location below:

Saturday afternoon, at approximately 3 pm, the Walker County dispatch center was notified by family members that their 3 year child had wandered away down a trail near their campsite in the National Forest and they could not locate him.

Walker County Sheriff’s, EMS and the New Waverly Fire Department responded to the scene located in a remote part of the Sam Houston National Forest off Forest Rd 208. This area is several miles away southwest from the Lake Stubblefield area on the North end of Lake Conroe.
http://www.fox26houston.com/news/257436138-story

Drowning is a distinct possibility, maybe even the most likely one, unfortunately.

On the one hand, I wish some parents would keep a closer eye on their children. On the other hand, helicopter parents who give their children no freedom at all are far worse. Their kids may stay alive, but those kids' lives aren't worth living.
Especially if he was hot and thirsty! Oh, Ezra, we are all pulling for you!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Oh, this poor family :(. I can't imagine how frantic they must be! I just stopped and said a prayer for this little guy, that his body temp will remain cool and he will stay put in a shaded place so he can be found.

I think it's possible provided he was able to find water. I agree with the previous poster who said they need to triple their search radius. I've seen so many cases where a child wandered off and was eventually found miles away--sometimes alive, sometimes not. It would not surprise me if he's ten miles away by now.
I agree, I've read of many cases in which very young children are found so far away from where they went missing. In some cases they're also found to have traversed some really challenging terrain, including significant elevation changes. If anyone wants to burn a couple hours look up disappearances in national parks...

My first thought was oh no, not another case like Deorr's!

Praying this little guy is found safe, even though the location and conditions don't make it sound very promising as time goes on. :(

More than 200 experienced searchers are combing Sam Houston National Forest in Waller County Sunday for a missing 3-year-old boy named Ezra who wandered away from his family's campsite about 24 hours ago.

Officials are turning away all but experienced groups, such as Texas Equusearch and the Sam Houston Trails Coalition.

"We're just using experienced searchers on this search, because it's difficult and very thick woods," said Tim Miller of EquuSearch. "We do not want volunteers. We've got plenty of experienced people out here."

A group of 10 men on dirt bikes, members of the trails coalition, said their president had called in the morning to organize a search, so they held a brief orientation in a parking lot before hitting the trails
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...-toddler-lost-in-national-forest-11178687.php

24 Hrs :(

Photos of the area at link below.

200 people are searching, so far.

Reminds me of the first days of Deorr Kunz' disappearance:

First responders from an array of agencies crisscrossed forest trails riding ATVs in search of the child. The search area centered around an approximately 4-mile stretch of Forest Road 208, a dirt road cut through dense pine woods with thick underbrush.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...n-national-forest-11178687.php#photo-12987000

I think there is probably some grey area there. Most children who have protective parents probably still find value in being alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can confirm.

Source: protective parents and i still value being alive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

New Waverly Fire Department is posting updates on FB:

Saturday afternoon, at approximately 3 pm, the Walker County dispatch center was notified by family members that their 3 year child had wandered away down a trail near their campsite in the National Forest and they could not locate him.

https://m.facebook.com/newwaverlyvfd

Keep hoping to read an update that he has been found. I have a terrible feeling that I so badly want to be proven wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Staying on topic, I hope this child is fine.

It was so hot yesteday that I don't think this will end well, but hoping for a happy ending.

Havent they learned yet? Groups spread out in a 3 mile radius should start outside coming in and simultaneously groups should fan from the inside going out. These groups should eventually meet in the middle then pass and cover what the previous groups missed. Prescious time is wasted while they clear areas for scent dogs. Scent dogs that never find these kids. Every minute they wasted with the dogs this kid could have been moving, FAST. Ugh I hate this. Prayers out to SAR and authorities that they find him alive.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Holy Moly! Praise Jesus! Oh thank the Lawd!!!'

It's crazy to me how a little 3 year old can wander away so far. I'm wondering if there's any dirt roads nearby where he might have fallen in a ditch or something. What are does big silver things in ditches called? Those should be looked into if there's any nearby.
Poor baby, poor parents right now.

Edit: I don't know how to delete, but great news he was found!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back