TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see this jury rendering a not guilty verdict.

She did kill someone after all, even if she didn't mean it, her actions caused his death.

Jmo

Yes but if I back over a kid in my driveway and there was no way to see him before I did so, that's not automatically criminal liability.

Duty of care and what we were doing matters. So if I carelessly spun out backwards at high speed- reckless or negligence. But if I backed out normally after checking my rear view mirror, likely no culpability.

But a men's room in some local joint is much different from your home, or what she "thought" was her home.

There is an expectation of privacy. And safety from male predators.

And she wasn't in the residence when he entered. She was outside and went in guns blazing. She has the clearly option to retreat and per police protocols that was the safer option.

This is her second shooting incident in a small window of time. Further, there has been questionable material obtained from her FB page that suggests she is racist. All of this will be examined during the trial, and whatever the facts are, should come to light.

I do not like anything about this woman who disgraced her uniform, and the honor of the great men and women in blue. That being said I am trying, trying hard to stick to facts and not get caught up in what an ugly, selfish soul this woman appears to have.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Do you have a link to this questionable FB material suggesting she’s a racist or is this a rumor? I haven’t heard this.

It is really interesting, that Botham Jean wasn't safe in his home. And we usually lock doors from men breaking in. He probably felt pretty safe where he lived. Safe enough to not double check that his door was locked every single minute he was home.

Right now, our door is unlocked, I just came home from work. Should I worry that a crazy woman could storm in, guns blazing? And every one would feel sorry for her, for making a "mistake"?

It is really interesting, that Botham Jean wasn't safe in his home. And we usually lock doors from men breaking in. He probably felt pretty safe where he lived. Safe enough to not double check that his door was locked every single minute he was home.

Right now, our door is unlocked, I just came home from work. Should I worry that a crazy woman could storm in, guns blazing? And every one would feel sorry for her, for making a "mistake"?
The witness who is a teacher/football coach and lived on the same floor as Jean even said the first thing he thought when he heard the bullets was something like I can't believe I pay so much money to live here and there's still a shooting. I think the complex is generally a very safe place to live JMO.

Google Amber Guyger racist FB posts. It’s in numerous MSM news reports. The Procecutor will leverage all that no doubt.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I hope that some of the questionable things that were posted on Social Media, before being deleted, are presented to the jury. And even better, that AG will be under oath, during her testimony, and asked to explain her Social Media posts.

The body cam footage of life saving measures being performed can be viewed here. The video was shown to the jury yesterday, and the Judge asked to watch it again today. The wound is blurred, but the video is still graphic and very upsetting. AG appears in the beginning telling the first responders she thought he was in her apartment.
https://www.star-telegram.com/latest-news/article235421002.html

ETA: at 7:30 in the video as they are wheeling Jean out, you can hear the LEOs and first responders saying "[inaudible] her apartment. It was his apartment."

Last edited:
I’m using it in the same way. My point is that hardly any cases get picked up long term and this case, IMO, was barely covered “nation-wide.” It was a blip. It’s being covered on Fox News, I think (but I’m not seeing anything on CBS National news, so far, although I admit I don’t watch it all day - and it’s the only national news that I watch).

Most really big US stories get into USA Today (this one did) but today, I don’t see anything about it on USA Today.com Usually, once it gets “nation-wide,” UK’s Daily Mail starts coverage too.

Anyway, I don’t think this case is getting nationwide attention right now. It doesn’t come up at the top of News Google unless you have preset your news to favor trials and crime.

I’m very open to hearing on which platforms (besides Fox) this “public outcry” is taking place. Front page of News Google is filled with the Florida grandmother (which will disappear) but I’m also seeing the Costco shooting - the cop is apparently not going to face prosecution for shooting the disabled man).

This case has been being reported by national news sites since it happened until currently. CNN, USA Today, ABC, MSNNBC, Daily mail, Fox News honestly almost all of them. I do not watch the news anymore (does anyone) I follow social media and news websites. This case has been posted about, written and followed up by all of them keeping it being talked about. The original charge brought was manslaughter. Public outcry caused it be brought before a grand jury whom IMO felt the pressure to up the charge. There were protesters and activist in Dallas following the manslaughter charge demanding justice. Race certainly plays a role in the media coverage as EVERY article makes sure to say a white officer shot a black man.
Botham Jean, shot by Dallas police officer, receives funeral tributes - CNN
Officer accused of killing man in wrong apartment indicted for murder
Amber Guyger, Dallas officer who shot man in his own apartment, indicted for murder - CNN
Dallas officer who fatally shot unarmed black man told 911: 'I thought it was my apartment'

A current article about todays trial proceedings is on the Dailymail.uk page 1st page today
Home | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
The body cam footage of life saving measures being performed can be viewed here. The video was shown to the jury yesterday, and the Judge asked to watch it again today. The wound is blurred, but the video is still graphic and very upsetting. AG appears in the beginning telling the first responders she thought he was in her apartment.
https://www.star-telegram.com/latest-news/article235421002.html

Her continued posturing and justification, getting in the way of the rescue, was quite appalling to me. She should have said that this man needs immediate care, the area is clear, and she should have been separated from the scene by the lead officer.

Botham Jean's parents cower as body cam is played at Amber Guyger's trial | Daily Mail Online

The parents of the man shot dead by ex-cop Amber Guyger were pictured cowering and covering their ears during the trial after the judge forgot to warn them before graphic body cam footage was shown of their unconscious son.

Botham Jean's parents Bertram and Allison were sitting in the Dallas courtroom on Wednesday when Judge Tammy Kemp told prosecutors and defense attorneys that she wanted to re-watch a portion of police body cam footage.

18932120-7504751-image-a-118_1569440260140.jpg

When the video was paused, Judge Kemp could be seen covering her mouth - seemingly in shock - before quickly apologizing for the error.

'I'm so sorry I didn't even give any thought to the alleged victim's family being here,' she told the courtroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot