TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
L.P. Phillips‏ @lpphillips 1h1 hour ago
DPD officer Tu Nguyen is on the stand. He responded to the call as well. #AmberGuygerTrial

L.P. Phillips‏ @lpphillips 1h1 hour ago
Jury is about to see more body camera video from the scene the night Botham Jean was shot. This is from a different angle. #AmberGuygerTrial

L.P. Phillips‏ @lpphillips 48m48 minutes ago
Nguyen is done. Next Cpl Stephen Cleary. He's another crime scene tech. #AmberGuygerTrial

L.P. Phillips‏ @lpphillips 22m22 minutes ago
Cleary was able to confirm the floors appear confusing. #AmberGuygerTrial

L.P. Phillips‏ @lpphillips 21m21 minutes ago
Next witness is Michael Stoner. He works for DPS and took more video of the scene. #AmberGuygerTrial

Tiffany Liou‏Verified account @tliou 13m13 minutes ago
Now testifying - Texas Ranger Michael Stoner Going through videos he took on both the 3rd and 4th floors of Southside Flats the day after. @wfaa #AmberGuygerTrial #AmberGuyger #BothamJean

EFZhxesXYAAFKWw.png

Tiffany Liou‏Verified account @tliou 12m12 minutes ago
Also -- just to clarify -- the image with the flowers and clock is a look at Guyger's apartment, I think.

I think at one point one of the (rendering care) officers ( it’s on body cam) pointed to the door & said something to her( maybe “out”)
Her hyper MY APARTMENT mantra was insane.She led with her ego that day.True colors.

IMO.
Yep. Unlike this situation, that person was indeed a danger.
And it shows she was not trigger happy or a loose cannon.

It is really interesting, that Botham Jean wasn't safe in his home. And we usually lock doors from men breaking in. He probably felt pretty safe where he lived. Safe enough to not double check that his door was locked every single minute he was home.

Right now, our door is unlocked, I just came home from work. Should I worry that a crazy woman could storm in, guns blazing? And every one would feel sorry for her, for making a "mistake"?
Yeah, pretty ironic that the complex is right across from the Dallas Police station/office building!! I would feel extra safe and might not lock my door either. Who would have thought that something like this would happen?!

This is much, much different. After the accident occurred where AG went to the wrong apartment, she then made the very conscious decision to draw her weapon, aim, and shoot to kill.

Seems this scenario unfolded so quickly, wondering at what point did AG draw her gun? Is it possible that she always had her gun in hand when approaching her apartment or walking thru the parking lot and halls. Did she hear the victims tv before opening the door to the apartment and drew her gun then? IMO she was always at the ready to pull the trigger and didn’t belong in that job.

Just found this thread...on day 2 of this trial...fascinating. Can anyone tell me if it was not just a terrible mistake and overreaction..and as some say pre meditated etc. what is Amber's motive? I have seen no confirmation that she knew the guy at all...what would be her motive? She just kept saying she thought it was her apt. I tend to believe that but feel she needs to be seriously held accountable for what she did. So many trying to make this about race etc. and I am not buying that. Others thoughts? Am I missing something?
You dont have to have motive to commit murder. What she did was murder. Legally though, it may be manslaughter

Seems this scenario unfolded so quickly, wondering at what point did AG draw her gun? Is it possible that she always had her gun in hand when approaching her apartment or walking thru the parking lot and halls. Did she hear the victims tv before opening the door to the apartment and drew her gun then? IMO she was always at the ready to pull the trigger and didn’t belong in that job.

If we go with her claim, presumably she drew her weapon when she saw the door was unlocked. But at that point, you see the door is unlocked you would immediately be on high alert if you thought there was an intruder in your apt. Because that means you're in danger. The body reacts quickly with adrenaline in that situation. You would pause and notice the red carpet you're standing on. You'd notice the plant is not there. You may look at the apt number and notice it's not your apartment. But we're to believe she did none of those things. She proceeded into the apt. Into danger! And even then didn't notice it wasn't her apt and proceeded to shoot a man to death. Then didn't panic and realize she made a "mistake" and render aid. She should do a minimum of 25 years.

Edited to add: And lets not forget texting Rivera while she's on the phone with 911! Telling him to hurry over. Damsel in distress! Now Rivera will be forced to be by her side and help her through this. She knew he was withdrawing from her and this was her way of getting his attention. This is what state knows but can't really elaborate on it because it would be hard (possibly) for the jury to buy it because she's a police officer. If she weren't a police officer, they would expand on it for sure!

Last edited:
I always keep my doors locked when I’m home. In fact, I used this case as an example to remind my son why we do this; because anyone can walk through your front door if they choose. It’s that simple. Should I have to lock my doors and worry about a stranger walking in (no matter the intent)? No. But this is reality.

This in no way is to blame BJ for not having his door locked; he is 100% the victim here.

JMO

Yeah but should it be? I mostly leave my door unlocked. I get claustrophobic so we leave the door open and screen is latched but easy to break into.

If intruders were punished maybe it wouldn't have to be a reality to live in fear.

That's really what this case is about. Making sure that people don't have to live in fear that someone is going to be totally careless while possessing a loaded weapon, and make a "mistake" that alters or ends life.

Exactly! This is why she will be convicted. It is completely unreasonable. I don't know why this wasn't charged as felony murder. The felony being burglary. Look into the Nouman Raja case. Another police officer who went out of his way to shoot someone on the side of the highway and was recently convicted. Same pattern. AG was out of control in her relationship with Rivera and was gunning that day.

Because burglary necessitates the intent to unlawfully enter a building for the purpose of committing a crime inside of it. She did not commit burglary or felony murder.

L.P. Phillips‏ @lpphillips 6m6 minutes ago
Testimony has resumed. Next witness is DPS Ranger Michael Adcock. He did a laser-based scan of the Jean's apartment. #AmberGuygerTrial

Omar Villafranca‏Verified account @OmarVillafranca 6m6 minutes ago
Texas Ranger Michael Adcock on stand at #AmberGuygerTrial. He set up the 3D room scanner in #BothamJean’s apt for the investigation. He did focus on the shot that missed and hit the wall
EFZtJn2WkAENq1v.jpg

L.P. Phillips‏ @lpphillips 4m4 minutes ago
Adcock worked on the second bullet (only one hit Jean). He measured the hole in the wall to get a trajectory that will tell exactly where Amber Guyger was when she fired her gun. #AmberGuygerTrial

Last edited:
Because burglary necessitates the intent to unlawfully enter a building for the purpose of committing a crime inside of it. She did not commit burglary or felony murder.

Yeah I know what burglary is and I'm contending that's what she did. At the point she was at the door and realized this wasn't her apt, pulled her gun out, and walked in and shot him. That's exactly what it was. The only way it isn't is if you buy her defense that she thought it was her apt and he was an intruder. Which imo is completely unreasonable.

Her continued posturing and justification, getting in the way of the rescue, was quite appalling to me. She should have said that this man needs immediate care, the area is clear, and she should have been separated from the scene by the lead officer.

AG should have been in the act of attempting to render care as officers arrived, bottom line!!!

Yeah I know what burglary is and I'm contending that's what she did. At the point she was at the door and realized this wasn't her apt, pulled her gun out, and walked in and shot him. That's exactly what it was. The only way it isn't is if you buy her defense that she thought it was her apt and he was an intruder. Which imo is completely unreasonable.

Would like to be able to see her apartment layout as viewed from the hall door, compared to this gentleman’s apartment layout. It appears the kitchen is right off the entry on one side. Is her kitchen on the same side? I really think if I entered the wrong house/apartment I would sense it immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB