TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecution rested. Either Jason Hermès has a strategy or ....

I’m so confused but that wasn’t a strong ending

He is waiting for Guyger to take the stand and nail her on cross. Or, Guyger is really nailed if she won't explain her actions.

Either way, it is up to the defense now to "prove" that their client is so exhausted and fatigued that she couldn't think straight.

And another reason in that the paramedics couldn't get in because of gate access. Testimony from paramedic that it took 5 minutes to get in.

I think AG told 911 she did not know her gate code. She had lived there 2 months.
I’m sure they gave her the gate code on the day she moved in. You give that code to your family, friends ,door dash, delivery..etc...

MOO

Yes, but that one section where AG lived wasn't as dangerous, the complex is right across from the Police Station!!
I'm from Dallas. It is not right across the street and even if it was do you think the police pay anymore attention to their area than the rest of the city. That area is surrounded by bars, restaurants, apartments. I live downtown Dallas, but it isn't a safe place.

He is waiting for Guyger to take the stand and nail her on cross. Or, Guyger is really nailed if she won't explain her actions.

Either way, it is up to the defense now to "prove" that their client is so exhausted and fatigued that she couldn't think straight.

I can't imagine what the heck she's going to say on the stand. But I hope state is ready to bury her!

I'm from Dallas. It is not right across the street and even if it was do you think the police pay anymore attention to their area than the rest of the city. That area is surrounded by bars, restaurants, apartments. I live downtown Dallas, but it isn't a safe place.
Yeah, same. Born & raised in Dallas, work and live here too....so not right across the street, MY BAD, but off the same street just 4 min. walking distance!! And just stating, for the victim to have door unlocked maybe he felt somewhat safe because of the police station being only 4 min away from him??!!

I think AG told 911 she did not know her gate code. She had lived there 2 months.
I’m sure they gave her the gate code on the day she moved in. You give that code to your family, friends ,door dash, delivery..etc...

MOO
<modsnip: No need to personalize> Most police, fire depts are furnished the emergency codes. They are not assigned to an individual tenant. Some even open at the sound of a siren and most can be pushed open. Paramedic even said they went to 3 gates. The lady from the apartments even testified the tenants use a fob or a card. <modsnip> Plus the police got in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. I see!

I don't think she knew it wasn't her place when she shot him. I was open to the idea but there's been no evidence presented thus far.

But you bring up something important. The defense is certainly "mistake of fact". But how they refute that defense is indeed by showing the mistake she made wasn't a reasonable one.

Being an unreasonable "mistake" doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake and was instead an intentional act, but it does mean that it's not a viable defense.

So if she was careless, reckless, negligent, in assuming it was her place, entering that apartment and firing her gun, then the mistake was unreasonable and the defense fails.

So far that's where I'm at. The bright red mat. The open air parking level. The bright lights at eye level showing a different apartment number, the fact that her keys fit but wouldn't have turned the tumbler, etc., the rapid manner in which she shot the seated "intruder", all indicate to me she was unreasonably distracted and lacked reasonable caution.

This! Thank you.

There's no way this was an accident imo. No way. There is no justification. She knowingly and intentionally caused the death and committed an act dangerous to human life. There can be no question. State does not have to prove motive.

Her attorneys are horrible. I don't think she has a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper