TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with you. I think the law shows she is guilty of murder because she clearly acted with intent to kill him (the definition of murder in Texas) and that her actions were not reasonable.

However, I am guessing the bias of one or more jury members with respect to police officers will result in a hung jury, and that this will never be resolved. This case goes to the core of the conflict we have in this country. There are some people who believe a police officer should be absolved of wrong-doing because they have chosen to serve.

Would you agree that had she not been a police officer, she'd be found guilty? In fact I think she'd be in jail as we speak having never seen the light of day after the incident. There are two standards - one for LE, the other for the rest of us.

She isn't guilty of murder.

Manslaughter or negligent homicide yes, murder no.

In her mind, there was someone who was in her apartment and was not supposed to be there.

Do you think she set out to kill him on purpose?

Because I don't.

Police officers are trained to shoot to kill.

They would not be trying to tazer or pepper spray someone.
She did not have to set out to kill him on purpose!!! That is the whole point here - the definition of murder in Texas does not require premeditation. Read the code: PENAL CODE CHAPTER 19. CRIMINAL HOMICIDE

Do you think she set out to kill him on purpose?

Because I don't.

Police officers are trained to shoot to kill.

They would not be trying to tazer or pepper spray someone.

Yes so if she was trained to shoot to kill then of course she set out to kill him on purpose, once she decided to pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper