TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she did intend to kill him at that point because in her mind he was an intruder.

And that may not be sufficient reason to let her off. He was not a threat to her and she had 2 opportunities to back off and seek assistance. When she claims she heard him moving around in the apartment before she put her key in the door, she should have just left and called for help.

I totally agree. The fact that she is answering the state's questions that does not make her look so good is even more compelling to me. She did not set out to murder a man . She definitely made bad choices and an innocent man died.
She didn't have to "set out to murder a man" in order to be found guilty here.

The whole prosecution case is based on that she set out to purposely kill Mr. Jean.
It absolutely is not.

Oy vey y'all are doing my head in ;)

Anyone else catch that she said "I thought he would come at me" when all along she had said he DID come at her???? I thought that was interesting.

The fact that she had life saving first aid bandages for bleeding in her backpack on her person and chose to text her married with kids cop partner instead of getting those out and using them is so very awful :(

She could have closed the door and retreated, she could have retreated, she could have said "WHO IS THERE?", she could have used mace, she could have used a taser, she could have radio'd for help....so many options!

(sorry for the run on sentence)

What?! I’m really hoping this isn’t accurate. I’m speechless.

She was texting her cop partner - who she was intimate with for over a year - he is married with kids having an affair with Guyger - instead of radioing for help (would have brought help faster than 911) and instead of giving CPR and using her first aid kit to help him.

She was texting her cop partner - who she was intimate with for over a year - he is married with kids having an affair with Guyger - instead of radioing for help (would have brought help faster than 911) and instead of giving CPR and using her first aid kit to help him.
They sound like they were made for each other.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Anyone else catch that she said "I thought he would come at me" when all along she had said he DID come at her???? I thought that was interesting.

The fact that she had life saving first aid bandages for bleeding in her backpack on her person and chose to text her married with kids cop partner instead of getting those out and using them is so very awful :(

She could have closed the door and retreated, she could have retreated, she could have said "WHO IS THERE?", she could have used mace, she could have used a taser, she could have radio'd for help....so many options!

(sorry for the run on sentence)

Agree. Do they call that "depraved indifference"? IANAL

Depraved Indifference Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

But that's different from texting him about having sex and getting drunk AFTER Jean was shot, which was eluded to in an earlier post. Were other texts revealed that talked specifically about wanting sex from him and getting drunk?

But that's different from texting him about having sex and getting drunk AFTER Jean was shot, which was eluded to in an earlier post. Were other texts revealed that talked specifically about wanting sex from him and getting drunk?

Oh, specifically texts after she killed Botham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper