TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird.. all that sorrow and contorted emotion.. but no tears. The Youtube commenters noticed this too.
I don’t like this woman at all, but I am trying...emphasis on trying...to look at this case impartially.
Many people aren’t cryers, but get “choked up”. She was in a job that required her to be tough, and this affect may be a byproduct of that.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It is showing how reasonable is to walk in the wrong apartment. Of course, it is relevant because this is how this how tragic accident happen in the first place.
And all the witnesses so far have described how reasonably they dealt with walking into the wrong apartment. The upshot being no one died.

Okay. I have been following this story in bits and pieces and might be way off base (as is frequently the case). However, I thought that I would throw this out there. Was she having an affair with her partner or sleeping with him on the side? I mean - was that 16-minute phone call in the parking garage trying to get him to come to her apartment for a hookup, and he refused?

So, she is tired and mad and does get off at the wrong floor. She goes to what she thinks is her apartment, still thinking about her conversation with her partner/sometime booty call, sees a guy in her apartment, shouts something, immediately pulls her gun and shoots twice. She is taking her anger out on the innocent guy.

IMO, she has a duty to retreat. How easy would it have been to just leave? Any one of us would have run out of the apartment and screamed for help.

I think that she should be convicted of murder because that is really what it was. Last year, when I first heard about it, I thought that it was a case of mistaken apartment and accident. However, the more I think about it, I think that she murdered this guy because she was ticked off at her partner.

A trained officer--of all people--should know her options. Shooting to kill an unarmed man should not be your first option, especially, when you are not trapped in any way, shape or form.

I think that she is going to be found guilty of murder or she should be.

eta: I live in the Fort Worth area.

Last edited:
I do feel really sorry for her. I can't imagine how horrible this is. Nevertheless, she still should spend time behind bars, should never be able to be even a security guard, let alone a police officer, never EVER own a gun again, and should pay dearly whatever paycheck she earns a big chunk to Mr. Jean's family.
At this point, a Walmart Greeter would even be out of the question. IMO

It is showing how reasonable is to walk in the wrong apartment. Of course, it is relevant because this is how this how tragic accident happen in the first place.

Yes and it is the only part of this that was an ACCIDENT the shooting was intentional!!!! she went against every part of her training after she went into the wrong apt.

:eek:
I'm done with this witness! The ditzy act is not cute or funny!

Yes - it was NOT cute or funny - especially the part when she said she saw a cute guy walking on her floor and she knew she was on the WRONG floor.

I mean really ? Seriously ? This is all the defense has ?

:eek:

Edited to include WRONG floor.

IMO this is a lie. Any Compression.
As a juror I would form that opinion based on that the State pointed out (& AG admitted) she never used her wound gauze which was right by her. 2 unopened rolls. Her gloves were never used per evidence yesterday. Still tucked in her pocket

And ( wow) she forgot her CPR training.
She said under ( leading) defense this morning she -did not know CPR- only how to do stern compression.
Then on cross by the State , she says well, yes I was taught CPR but I don’t know how to do it on a real person.
The State pointed out that AG hands were interested in only herself in those critical moments. Texting!

2 days post killing Bo.. she is back sexting MR!!! Disgusting.

MOO

I don't find that unusual. I've taken CPR training several times over the years and yet do not feel confident enough to apply it. I would just call 911 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper