TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

For anyone who missed it, during her crying it seems she says "I was scared this person in the apartment was gonna come at me". Not as she later claimed, he came at me.

I'm curious what others hear. TIA

ETA: More I listen, more unsure I am. Possibly she said "was gonna kill me"?

I think she says "he was gonna come at me" then she said she was scared "he was going to kill her". I need to rewatch because I remember her saying she was scared "he was going to come at me" at another point. It has been a long day tho lol

I haven’t watched much of the trial (only snippets), but from what Gardenista and others are saying here about her defense team, I am worried she will get an appeal based on her terrible defense. Ugh.

Nah. People always worry about that but it's rare. An attorney can fall asleep during a murder trial and it's not enough for an appeal.

Successful appeals are typically about errors made by a judge.

Amber Guyger testifies she killed Botham Jean out of fear, but prosecutor says a cop should know better

At one point during her testimony, Guyger, who is white, seemed to look directly at the parents of Jean, a black man.
"This is not about hate," she said. "It's about being scared."
Allison and Bertrum Jean mostly remained stoic throughout her testimony.

Still just all about HER. Hoping that they will forgive HER. While on the stand-

SO inappropriate imo, but she doesn't care because SHE needs to feel better. She is an incredibly selfish person.

@YESorNO

A very special Thank You for posting all those testimony videos! You rock! :)

If any of you missed the trial, several short witness testimony clips are available on pages 52 and 76 of this thread (and probably more).

5215.gif

And here's some more:

Amber Guyger Trial Day 4 Witnesses Robyn Carr Part 2, Ofc Tu Nguyen, Det Stephen Cleary & Ranger Michael Stoner

Sep 26, 2019

--

Amber Guyger Trial Day 4 Witnesses Ranger Michael Adcock & April Kendrick Ballistics Expert 092619

---

Amber Guyger Trial Day 4 Witnesses Investigator Michael Grice 092619

I don't think they are negligent or sleeping on the job such that she'd get a new trial. But they miss the boat alot. For example, they questioned a woman from the same apt complex who went to the wrong floor. But then the prosecution followed up with this woman and asked when she realized she was on the wrong floor and she said it was when she saw a floor mat she didn't recognize. I mean, come on, didn't the defense team think of that?

YES! The prosecution basically walked them through all the things they saw that clued them to being on the wrong floor. Not one of them walked into the wrong apartment. The defense couldn't call anyone that did, because people don't do that.

Defense Attorney Defendant Can Tell Her Side Of The Story Without It Being Held Against Her Miranda

Sep 27, 2019

"Defense Attorney Gabriela Gonzalez Says Defendant Can Tell Her Side Of The Story Without It Being Held Against Her. Miranda Rights Give You The Right To Remain Silent #AmberGuygerTrial"

---

Death Investigator Says The Jury Wasn't There When It Happened They Might Want To Put Themselves Th

Sep 27, 2019

"Death Investigator Joseph Scott Morgan Says The Jury Wasn't There When It Happened. They Might Want To Put Themselves There To Find Out What Her Perception Was At The Time. #AmberGuygerTrial"

---

The Daily Debrief Remembers Botham Jean

Sep 27, 2019

"Jean, 26, was shot and killed by Amber Guyger. His college allowed us to share Jean's music through these photos and videos."

The Daily Debrief: The Big Question Is Whether Or Not Amber Guyger Is Believable And Truthful

Sep 27, 2019

---

Amber Guyger Trial Day 5

Sep 27, 2019

"There’s no dispute that then-Dallas police officer Amber Guyger, 31, fatally shot neighbor Botham Shem Jean, 26, in his apartment on September 6, 2018. The question is whether that constitutes murder under Texas law...."

Still just all about HER. Hoping that they will forgive HER. While on the stand-

SO inappropriate imo, but she doesn't care because SHE needs to feel better. She is an incredibly selfish person.

Agree..Desperate move!
Coached no doubt..addressing that in which Bo’s mom said
she can’t stand seeing Amber walking around like a human.

MOO

Amber Guyger testifies she killed Botham Jean out of fear, but prosecutor says a cop should know better

At one point during her testimony, Guyger, who is white, seemed to look directly at the parents of Jean, a black man.
"This is not about hate," she said. "It's about being scared."
Allison and Bertrum Jean mostly remained stoic throughout her testimony.

True or not, it was an inappropriate thing to do at that time. But she's proven that she's not sensitive to her surroundings, so why be sensitive to his parents? Gross.

Learning that she had hemostatic gauze and didn't use it...just boggles my mind. If I were a juror, I'd have to consider this more than negligent homicide, in which an accident causes a death (but then, the person does everything possible to mitigate the effects of the self-caused accident).

Learning that she had hemostatic gauze and didn't use it...just boggles my mind. If I were a juror, I'd have to consider this more than negligent homicide, in which an accident causes a death (but then, the person does everything possible to mitigate the effects of the self-caused accident).

Yes. This blew my mind and make me sick. There is zero excuse for that. I don't know if he could have been saved or not, but I think everyone would feel better if she'd at least made every effort to help him.

Yes. This blew my mind and make me sick. There is zero excuse for that. I don't know if he could have been saved or not, but I think everyone would feel better if she'd at least made every effort to help him.

Prosecutor made a point of saying she didn't know if he could be saved - to me her inaction is inexcusable. The minutes of waiting for help to arrive drug on and on. I'll never forget she had time to text her lover. moo

For anyone who missed it, during her crying it seems she says "I was scared this person in the apartment was gonna come at me". Not as she later claimed, he came at me.

I'm curious what others hear. TIA

ETA: More I listen, more unsure I am. Possibly she said "was gonna kill me"?
So, this is one of the snippets I’ve watched (and I’ve watched it a couple of times), and I am amazed at how she essentially says the exact same thing twice — once in her nearly intelligible “tears,” and then once again when she gathers herself (“give me a minute” :rolleyes:).

I don’t hear “was gonna come at me” through the “tears,” but it’s possible my eyes were rolling too far back in my head for my ears to function properly. I definitely do not hear “was gonna come at me” the second time around. I hear “was gonna kill me” the second time around.

I get that witnesses rehearse their testimony, but that was a little too rehearsed (crying included), IMO. I tend to be one who doesn’t analyze statements because I think everyone reacts differently and it’s unfair to compare what I think I might do or say to a witness/victim/suspect statement. But, man, this woman does not seem credible to me. Her tears are for herself. IMO.

And I am shocked no one else has said this, but it irks the heck out of me that she is blond now. I don’t remember seeing any pictures of her from before as a blond. All her SM photos were not blonde (that I remember, anyway). Maybe some highlights, but not like this. Ugh. This bothers me on so many levels. And I’m a blonde. This is particularly frustrating to me because another poster commented that they would be irritated if she showed up in a dress and heels, and I thought, “of course she will; that is how it is done.” Yet here I am frustrated that they have made her blonde. I guess we all have our buttons that get pushed. They have every right to put forth a defense, but it irks the daylights out of me that part of that defense is to make her blonde.

Two glasses of wine in me, so sorry if I’m rambling. :oops:

Security bristles around Texas police shooting trial

Sep 27, 2019

"DALLAS (AP) - Four Texas officers carrying handguns wait in the dim early morning light for a petite 31-year-old woman to arrive.

When Amber Guyger emerges from a black SUV, she is guarded by men with dark suits and close-cropped hair. The armed officers join them, forming a perimeter around Guyger as she walks toward a side door of the yet-to-open Dallas courthouse.

The tension is high in Dallas as the white former police officer stands trial on murder charges in the fatal shooting last September of her unarmed black neighbor, Botham Jean.

Dallas Police Association President Mike Mata said the intense media attention and controversy surrounding Jean's death have led to threats that prompted the association to pay for additional private security for Guyger and her attorneys. He declined to elaborate on the nature of the threats...."

Security bristles around Texas police shooting trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member