TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things. 1. It doesn't take much to discredit the DPD. They generally do a good job of that themselves. 2. Her ex-partner destroyed his own life by choosing to have an affair. I'm not going to give him a pass, because Bothem was killed by Guyger. He made the choice to have a relationship. He gets responsibility for that.

Everything else...yeah, the collateral damage is staggering. There are so many victims here.
She seems to be the antithesis of George Bailey

Amateur opinion and speculation

Been out of the loop this week. Has the big red rug (mat) at the door been addressed bat all yet ? Heard the bawling testimony on the news for a minute. TIA

For anyone who missed it, during her crying it seems she says "I was scared this person in the apartment was gonna come at me". Not as she later claimed, he came at me.

I'm curious what others hear. TIA

ETA: More I listen, more unsure I am. Possibly she said "was gonna kill me"?

I agree. But that doesn't mean there's no criminal culpability.

She was reckless. Negligent. Failed to follow her department's procedures. Was distracted and exhausted yet still carrying a loaded weapon. She was trigger happy.

I believe if he jury follows the jury instructions she will be found guilty of manslaughter or criminal negligence homicide.

Today when told by the State that her texts tell MR to come over “after”.
She said no. She doesn’t know why she text that.
She was going to the gym.
She was going to go home,change & go to the gym.
State said I thought you text MR you were ”sweepy”
So you are tired, sleepy but going to the gym?
She answers yes it helps her unwind, blah, blah

Lying comes natural to her IMO.

One thing keeps bugging me about the 911 call. AG reports that she shot someone, needs EMS. Dispatcher asks “ Do you need EMS AND police?” AG says “ Both”.

WHY was AG never asked what his condition is? Not judging the 911 operator, but I find it so odd that the caller ( AG ) is never asked “Is the victim conscious, are they breathing etc.”

Neither party discusses CPR. Seems like a lot of “down time “ on that call where dispatch is just saying “ they are on their way”.

Did the dispatcher assume he had expired ? Or did she assume that a police officer would know what to do? Maybe I’m crazy, but I have never heard a 911 call that didn’t address the victim’s condition. I can only surmise that it’s because AG said she was a cop ?
ITA. I know that every department has their own policies and procedures regarding how a medical emergency is managed while the 911 call is being answered and assessed.

Aren't there specific "scripts" that the operator follows, just to make sure the call is prioritized and all possible aid is delivered, onsite, to provide the best chance of sustaining life?

Any "talking heads" discuss this question during live testimony today?
JMO

Today when told by the State that her texts tell MR to come over “after”.
She said no. She doesn’t know why she text that.
She was going to the gym.
She was going to go home,change & go to the gym.
State said I thought you text MR you were ”sweepy”
So you are tired, sleepy but going to the gym?
She answers yes it helps her unwind, blah, blah

Lying comes natural to her IMO.
I've gone to the gym tired & left tireder.

This

This is simply not true.

"
Poppyflower said:
She was texting her cop partner - who she was intimate with for over a year - he is married with kids having an affair with Guyger - instead of radioing for help (would have brought help faster than 911) and instead of giving CPR and using her first aid kit to help him."

Which part do you think is not true in my post?

For anyone who missed it, during her crying it seems she says "I was scared this person in the apartment was gonna come at me". Not as she later claimed, he came at me.

I'm curious what others hear. TIA

ETA: More I listen, more unsure I am. Possibly she said "was gonna kill me"?

Sorry not answering your question but

Was she looking at Bo’s family when she said this is not about hate...

DBM

revisiting state cross....

Last edited:
Those tears are real.
He’s dead and any chance she had for a life of heroism and honor is gone. And apparently that is sinking in. Berating Amber Guyger will not bring this sweet man back.

I don’t know what it will be, but let’s pray there is some good that will come out of this horrific tragedy.
One thing I firmly believe. She should spend the rest of her life paying financial restitution to his family for the pain and suffering that will never leave them.

Oh, come on. No one is berating her. The appropriate brevity is being expressed. No one thinks he is coming back. There is no winner here. As a reminder, SHE is not a victim.

Who is berating? She was not looking in jury direction.
I think she was looking at his family.
It was a general commentary; truly not directed at anyone in particular. The point I was trying to make is she is easy to really loathe, but it won’t bring him back. : (. Her life isn’t over like his, but she has ruined it for sure.

Oh, come on. No one is berating her. The appropriate brevity is being expressed. No one thinks he is coming back. There is no winner here. As a reminder, SHE is not a victim.
My post was poorly written. Agree.

Even in Texas wrong is wrong. She had to testify in her defense even though she didn't do a good job of that. If this is how she split second assesses situations as a trained officer of the "peace", it's a wonder she hasn't shot more people ( in my opinion and smh).

She wasn't on the job long. She certainly shouldn't own a gun again.

Can someone tell me what floor bee apartment was on compared to where hers was?
Mr. Jean’s apartment was on the 3rd floor #1378
AG’s apartment was directly above his on the 4th floor #1478

EDIT ~~. I apologize. This is backwards. Bo lived on 4th floor, AG on 3rd floor.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members