TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO I started out thinking criminally negligent homicide was the least punishment she would receive. Where I'm at now, I don't believe it is a harsh enough punishment. I doubt the jury will find for murder, but she deserves that verdict. I guess manslaughter would be a compromise. It makes me sick that she will be able to have a gun someday.

All I can say is her antics after the killing make me see her as a ruthless, selfish and heartless human. I think one has to be super vested in finding her to be a victim to find otherwise. That's really my feeling. It's not close to normal.

And I know- people often have sex and drink while grieving. Even when their own child dies. The sex is a way to grasp at life and the drinking is to numb oneself.

But joking? Casually texting about it? Cutesy flirting and sexting? No one can convince me a normal, empathetic human who is devastated by what they've done would "grieve" in that manner.

That really changed things definitively for me as far as my perception of her.

I still wouldn't go for murder though. I don't think the crime fits. I sense there's more to the elements than in the statute.

I also feel murder should be reserved for those who kill die to a depraved heart and the desire to harm another for reasons other than defense. Even if the killer is unlikeable and otherwise depraved.

We have to have levels.

If her apartment was supposed to have maintenance, why didn't she consider that it could be a maintenance person inside?

Obviously it was too late for it to be maintenance. However you would think that would have caused her to pause to think about it.

I don't find that unusual. I've taken CPR training several times over the years and yet do not feel confident enough to apply it. I would just call 911 too.

No cop should be so incompetent that they can’t do CPR or use hemostatic gauze. My teen carries hemostatic supplies with her and knows how to use them! Amber should have at least packed the wound.

Doesn't appear the other officers waited for paramedics to arrive. moo

Because they did their jobs. Many justified cop shootings have the shooting cop rendering immediate aid as well.

What are your thoughts on this trial ? Going in the defense's favor or the State's ?

The state, hands down.
However, you can never predict a jury.

This is the second 705 hearing of the afternoon, a hearing to see if someone can be qualified as an expert for the case

Yes, been out for over 2 hours now

This is why 702/705 issues are supposed to be decided before trial. Now testimony was delayed and sequestered jurors time wasted.

All I can say is her antics after the killing make me see her as a ruthless, selfish and heartless human. I think one has to be super vested in finding her to be a victim to find otherwise. That's really my feeling. It's not close to normal.

And I know- people often have sex and drink while grieving. Even when their own child dies. The sex is a way to grasp at life and the drinking is to numb oneself.

But joking? Casually texting about it? Cutesy flirting and sexting? No one can convince me a normal, empathetic human who is devastated by what they've done would "grieve" in that manner.

That really changed things definitively for me as far as my perception of her.

I still wouldn't go for murder though. I don't think the crime fits. I sense there's more to the elements than in the statute.

I also feel murder should be reserved for those who kill die to a depraved heart and the desire to harm another for reasons other than defense. Even if the killer is unlikeable and otherwise depraved.

We have to have levels.

I guess I lost my level. Guyger has told so many lies and has tried to make Botham the aggressor in addition to all her other BS. I've lost my perspective and now I'm angry. I can't imagine what Botham's family is feeling. No wonder his mother called her satan or devil.

I guess I lost my level. Guyger has told so many lies and has tried to make Botham the aggressor in addition to all her other BS. I've lost my perspective and now I'm angry. I can't imagine what Botham's family is feeling. No wonder his mother called her satan or devil.

It ain't workin'.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I completely agree. I’m just still stunned. I can’t believe they put her on the stand. I can’t believe she admitted to all of that. I thought she had the best attorneys in Texas.

Even in Texas wrong is wrong. She had to testify in her defense even though she didn't do a good job of that. If this is how she split second assesses situations as a trained officer of the "peace", it's a wonder she hasn't shot more people ( in my opinion and smh).

I agree. But that doesn't mean there's no criminal culpability.

She was reckless. Negligent. Failed to follow her department's procedures. Was distracted and exhausted yet still carrying a loaded weapon. She was trigger happy.

I believe if he jury follows the jury instructions she will be found guilty of manslaughter or criminal negligence homicide.

I agree. I never said there's no criminal culpability.

Gun powder and blood evidence would show that. He is much larger than her. She would have had to drag him to the area he was found it. There would be evidence of that happening. The reason why this was not presented as a scenario, is because it's supported. JMO

They didn't even collect the red doormat, initially. But 10 grams of marijuana was documented.

I have reservations that the officers were diligent in the evidence collected against AG.

AG had to testify, but it didn't go well for her. She didn't come off as genuinely devastated by her actions. The defense didn't have much to work with here.

They didn't even collect the red doormat, initially. But 10 grams of marijuana was documented.

I have reservations that the officers were diligent in the evidence collected against AG.

AG had to testify, but it didn't go well for her. She didn't come off as genuinely devastated by her actions. The defense didn't have much to work with here.

Oh I agree. I don't think they did a very good job with collecting evidence. All I am saying is that they have to move forward with the evidence they DO have and what was collected. What they do have doesn't support that he was standing up. It also doesn't matter where he was. He was far taller that her and the way the bullet entered him supported that he was not standing. I don't believe he was ever standing. They weren't going to find evidence supporting him being close to her, because he just wasn't. JMO

The following "editorial" is all amateur speculation and opinion.

This is a turning point in the life of ex-Officer Guyger.

Even after taking the life of an innocent man through her actions, she seemingly brushed off the gravity and solemnity of the situation by continuing her campaign of sexting and inappropriate messaging with her now ex-partner. Who, is married.

So ex-Officer Guyger seems to be leaving a wake of destruction behind her. She kills an innocent man and devastates his family, his church community, and discredits the fine men and women in Blue in the Dallas PD. Further, ex-Officer Guyger has seemingly destroyed, or severely damaged her ex-Partners family life; a married man with children.

Finally, ex-Officer Guyger has damaged her own life, and shamed her family. Her path of destruction seems to reach far and wide.

We have our Court of Justice and prison system to remove destructive people like ex-Officer Guyger from society, if only for a period of time. I hope that Ms. Guyger uses this Court imposed time away from society to reflect, and truly grasp how her actions have gotten her to the point in life she is now faced with.

Ex-Officer Guyger has caused so much harm and damage to so many people. I pray that this cross road in her life will propel her in to spending the remainder of her life making reparation for the harm she has caused through service to others. She will have to do a tremendous amount of good to attempt to counterbalance the damage she has caused. I hope she will choose this path moving forward.

Continued prayers to surround and sustain Botham's family during this excruciatingly painful time of sorrow.

Amateur opinion and speculation

2 things. 1. It doesn't take much to discredit the DPD. They generally do a good job of that themselves. 2. Her ex-partner destroyed his own life by choosing to have an affair. I'm not going to give him a pass, because Bothem was killed by Guyger. He made the choice to have a relationship. He gets responsibility for that.

Everything else...yeah, the collateral damage is staggering. There are so many victims here.

One thing keeps bugging me about the 911 call. AG reports that she shot someone, needs EMS. Dispatcher asks “ Do you need EMS AND police?” AG says “ Both”.

WHY was AG never asked what his condition is? Not judging the 911 operator, but I find it so odd that the caller ( AG ) is never asked “Is the victim conscious, are they breathing etc.”

Neither party discusses CPR. Seems like a lot of “down time “ on that call where dispatch is just saying “ they are on their way”.

Did the dispatcher assume he had expired ? Or did she assume that a police officer would know what to do? Maybe I’m crazy, but I have never heard a 911 call that didn’t address the victim’s condition. I can only surmise that it’s because AG said she was a cop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber42