TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice analogy. Even better, you didn't stay and attack an innocent man for being in the ladies room and causing you to feel he was a danger.

But a men's room in some local joint is much different from your home, or what she "thought" was her home.

This is her second shooting incident in a small window of time. Further, there has been questionable material obtained from her FB page that suggests she is racist. All of this will be examined during the trial, and whatever the facts are, should come to light.

I do not like anything about this woman who disgraced her uniform, and the honor of the great men and women in blue. That being said I am trying, trying hard to stick to facts and not get caught up in what an ugly, selfish soul this woman appears to have.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Sorry you feel that way. I just disagree with you.

If you or anyone ran over a child and it was an accident....I do not want them to go to prison for a horrible mistake.
If a child darts out onto the street and you run over him or her, it's an accident and not your fault.

If you're texting while your driving, not paying attention to the road, and run over a child playing in the street, who you would have seen if not for the fact you were on your phone, that's not an accident---that's your fault.

Which is why we may see a mistrial here. People may be firmly in one position or another.

Now, a mistrial isn't the same as being exonerated. I don't know if the prosecution would re-file if there is a mistrial.

Don’t they consult the victims family.

LarryCollins at NBC5

Twitter

"Medical Examiner on Botham Jean injuries: Gunshot wound to left side of chest. Hit a rib, hit the heart, went through diaphragm, hit stomach and intestine. Came to rest in abdominal muscle. No exit wound." (Image of ME)

If anyone missed this ME testimony, the Pros. elicited from this witness the trajectory of the bullet as a direct line using a red stick demonstration. Entrance wound near the left nipple/left side, with slug coming to rest 1 inch from the spine, toward left lower back area. That's the opinion given. JMO the Defense will offer an expert with a different opinion.

Don’t they consult the victims family.

I am sure that is considered, but if the DA doesn't win here, the cost/benefit ratio is the bottom line.

It really depends on the jury. I know that the defense wasn't happy with having the trial in Dallas. They can save that argument for the appeal if they lose.

I don't know...the jury may feel that Guyger was "trigger happy" because the intruder was a minority.

Justice For Botham: Amber Guyger’s Jury Isn’t As Lily White As She Probably Hoped

I don't see this jury rendering a not guilty verdict.

She did kill someone after all, even if she didn't mean it, her actions caused his death.

Jmo
She is charged with murder...do you know the stips to qualify a guilty verdict for murder?

I do not see her as Trigger happy.
I see as a horrible accident. An innocent man died but not out of malicious intent or a racist motive.

Yes. You've said that a few times and I agree that no malicious intent or racist motive was shown. But that's not what needs to be shown to prove manslaughter. Or negligent homicide. Or even murder per the statute there.

Thanks! I try. I think @Hraefn has provided much more valuable information and analysis in this case however. She's working today though so not as available.

The defense said she would.
Aw, thanks @gitana1. I started a new job today which went amazing, but I am sad to miss the remainder of the trial live. This case is so interesting academically/legally and it is sooo moving emotionally. It's a tough one on all sides. I honestly do not know what to expect. I can definitely see an acquittal under the laws, but I can also see the potential for any level of conviction as well. It all comes down to the jury and the instructions they receive.

So if I run a child over, even though it wasn't malicious or racist, will I be punished? It would be an accident. How is this different?
This is much, much different. After the accident occurred where AG went to the wrong apartment, she then made the very conscious decision to draw her weapon, aim, and shoot to kill.

Interesting perspective from my ex who is an ardent feminist. She feels it WAS a tragic accident echoing what many said here. She also feels if it was a man she'd get off totally, but as a woman they're going to sentence her to something.

I asked if she felt that means Guyger bears no responsibility. She said it was reckless or negligent and felt 5 year she was appropriate because in part, Guyger is a cop and should be held to a higher standard.

I have nothing but the facts and possible charges before asking.

She also felt it was wrong to keep her uniform on before leaving the station as it changes mindset. Big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member