TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your thoughts on this trial ? Going in the defense's favor or the State's ?
Depends on who you ask! LOL!

I think it is going fine for the defense. I did not think her testimony was put on or her crying was an act. She admitted she made mistakes and I agree she made mistakes. I feel she was genuine and remorseful.

For anyone who missed it, the partner/lover is married with children. More victims, imo.

Prosecution pointed out that, even though she said she broke off her relationship with him for moral reasons because he had children, her morals didn't stop her from sexting him, having him send photos of his junk and hers sent to him.

Also said she was sexting him in the days after Jean's death. Don't recall who sent photos of their junk, but they did it after Jean died.

Prosecution pointed out that, even though she said she broke off her relationship with him for moral reasons because he had children, her morals didn't stop her from sexting him, having him send photos of his junk and hers sent to him.

Also said she was sexting him in the days after Jean's death. Don't recall who sent photos of their junk, but they did it after Jean died.

So that shows a lack in moral compass, IMO. I will say that I hold him more responsible in the affair, since he is the one with a family. I feel he is getting spared a bit (by the public, I'm not talking about you specifically) because she killed Bothem. I feel that her "lover" behaved like morally bankrupt garbage. I just needed to say that. The fact that she killed someone kind of makes him seem better to some...and I don't think it does.

His testimony was so painful to watch and now we know why. But I don't have sympathy for him...he got caught (publicly), and deleted texts knowing they were possible evidence in an investigation. moo

I have never watched a trial with so many witnesses needing the defense to ask the question again/clarify the question. The defense attorney is not very good at forming his questions, IMO.

Trying to qualify the ranger who believes she was "reasonable".
I can't imagine that he will be any more effective than AG. Is it reasonable to enter an apartment when you have no idea who is inside, how many are inside, or what sort of weapons may be used? Or would the reasonable thing be to back out and call for backup? Is it reasonable to shoot at someone you cannot clearly see?

I had the awful thought a minute ago that there may have been an element of provoking a reaction in her lover too. It seems odd to me she texted him, hurry etc, rather than deal with the immediate crisis of trying to save the poor guy. Hopefully too much of a stretch, but you never know. JMO
I get that feeling too ...kind of a Munchhausen by proxy thing so my guy will come now to help.

I'm new to this case so I'm reading rather than commenting but just came across the comments about CPR and felt it important to say; CPR needs to be performed immediately, a patient in cardiac arrest will die within in minutes. If you don't feel comfortable performing rescue breaths, chest compressions alone can still be life saving (although both is better).

If you perform CPR on a person incorrectly you might injure them but if you withhold CPR from someone who needs it they will most certainly die. When a person is in cardiac arrest any CPR is better than no CPR. Please always try, you can't make the patient any more dead but you might save their life.

Thank you, so so much, for posting this.

Well, if those memes on her Pinterest account (that she forgot to delete) are any indication, Amber certainly fits the "wannabe tough gal" mold.

You know, when she opened the door and saw Jean in what she thought was her apartment, she might have had a mental flash: "Here's my chance. I will blow this intruder away, and get my street cred in the department!"
This comes close to what I think. When your a cop, your not expected to call the cops, but to handle things yourself.

They keep saying "rapidly approaching her." That really freaking irks me. There isn't an iota of evidence that he was doing anything but minding his own business on his couch. He also keeps saying "I believe she felt..." How is what he thinks she could have felt relevant. I hope that's not let in.

Ms Guyger testified today and it didn't go very well for her. The prosecution asked a lot of questions, got her to admit a lot of things, esp. that she proceeded into the apartment to shoot at the victim, even though her department's policy dictates she should retreat and cover. They got her to admit she had 2 different chances to retreat and cover and didn't.

A lot of very damaging testimony also about how she failed to render any first aid to Jean, even though she had essential supplies within her reach. She claims she gave him a sternum rub. Prosecution pointed out she kept getting up and leaving, texting, even though he was still alive.

Brought her backpack up and showed the special compression bandages she had that could have been used to stop bleeding, etc.

She claimed she shouted orders to "show me your hands" twice, but prosecution pointed out even though she was standing at the threshold of the apartment, partly in the hallway, 3 neighbors testified she didn't give any orders.

Lots more, it was a good day for the prosecution.

They also showed video of her getting into the patrol car outside after the shooting. Video showed Mr Jean's body being wheeled past the car a few feet away, but she just started texting instead.

Also pointed out that in the few days after the murder, including the day of his funeral, she was texting the boyfriend/officer and others that she wanted to go get drunk, making jokes, etc.

Prosecution made her admit to all of the above.
This should be highlighted in court again , NO EXCUSE for this , not even odd grief .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela