GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they counted on other women being able to relate to being in fear of a man. Which I am sure they would understand, however, most women will not be able to relate to going in that apartment despite that fear.

I relate to someone killing my innocent son, brother, friend, neighbor, co worker, fellow soul. She had many other options per her training.She was dangerously preoccupied & trigger happy.
The fear I would not be able to forget, would be his.

IMO

"It took a full 72 hours for Guyger to finally be arrested and charged with manslaughter on Sept. 9. After only a few hours in custody, she was released on a bond of $300,000." Quote from Dallas news. No question if this had been reversed and he had a gun and shot her (the intruder) I think he would have been in custody on the spot. Clear example of two justice systems in our country.

Just thinking some more about that 16 mins convo where she pulled over - if it was a fight then he probably wouldn’t still be coming over, right? I mean it doesn’t make sense that they were updating each other on their movements and sexting only to talk on the phone, argue, and for him to still come over for sex. Soooo....phone sex? What else could it be?

I have watched most of this trial and do not see one shred of evidence that leads me to think that she went there intentionally...no way. If I have missed something please point it out. Way too much effort by some to make this about race or some other relationship. Again if I have missed an important connection I would welcome the info.
Maybe I wasn’t clear enough in my post, I personally think she went there accidentally but I wouldn’t discount the tiny possibility that she went there deliberately, I think Amber has a better relationship with her married partner than she does with the truth. My whole point was that the prosecution was smart by NOT introducing any evidence (and maybe there is nothing they could have introduced any way) that could be interpreted as her having a reason to go there, no prior noise or smell complaints etc. To some, her bypassing all the indications that it wasn’t her apartment, the signs, the red floor mat, the differences inside the apartment could be seen as evidence that she knew she was at the wrong apartment when she fired her gun.

I think the prosecution had a clear strong case and didn’t muddle it by introducing anything that could be left open to interpretation. It doesn’t mean that the prosecution presented all the information and or theories they have.

To some, her bypassing all the indications that it wasn’t her apartment, the signs, the red floor mat, the differences inside the apartment could be seen as evidence that she knew she was at the wrong apartment when she fired her gun.

Edited by me for emphasis! You hit the nail on the head with your whole comment esp about the prosecutions strategy. I’m not sure why some are intent on claiming this means I’m saying she targeted him bc of his race or that I’m saying it’s a conspiracy. That’s a straw man argument. Even the state is questioning her stance that she didn’t know it was the wrong apartment. Call it unreasonable, call it whatever you want but it boggles the mind and puts a question mark on whether she knew she was at the wrong apt before she shot him.

Last edited:
Is it murder?

1. It is legal in Texas to shoot an intruder in "your" home.
2. AG did think that she was in "her" apartment.

Mistake of Fact

This is really going to boil down to the instructions for the jury. The fact that AG is a trigger happy, idiot, is relevant to the fact that absolutely no one likes her. She was obviously just a piece of action for Officer Rivera. But no one has to like her mucb.

I came across something interesting, apparently some jury instructions were so confusing to a jury that the defendant was found "Not Guilty". The law, language, and nuances can be very confusing to some people, and some attorneys like to be verbose, and deliberately confounding, twisting their words to make something simple seem complicated.

yes Nadi...I now get your point...no question prosecution is very smart...they are doing a great job for the Jean family...this woman is finished no matter what...I think she was unstable before this happened...seems to be hanging on to this relationship with Rivera out of fear of "being alone" and I speculate he could care less about her...she is in a word pathetic. I don't know who would hire her for anything.

Is it murder?

1. It is legal in Texas to shoot an intruder in "your" home.
2. AG did think that she was in "her" apartment.

Mistake of Fact

This is really going to boil down to the instructions for the jury. The fact that AG is a trigger happy, idiot, is relevant to the fact that absolutely no one likes her. She was obviously just a piece of action for Officer Rivera. But no one has to like her mucb.

I came across something interesting, apparently some jury instructions were so confusing to a jury that the defendant was found "Not Guilty". The law, language, and nuances can be very confusing to some people, and some attorneys like to be verbose, and deliberately confounding, twisting their words to make something simple seem complicated.
yes jury instructions are notoriously complicated and I have watched trials that get a bad result or are hung because of that. I really like Judge Tammy and I think she might be able to require some pared down easier to understand instructions...we can only hope.

Just to introduce some levity to this tragic situation and speaking of how confusing instructions are to jurors, remember the Jessica Chambers trial where jurors didn’t know what unanimous meant? And they came out 3 times I believe saying they were unanimous and when polled some said guilty, some said not guilty. Smh.

You never know with a jury! I’m already preparing myself mentally for an unjust sentence in this case.

yes jury instructions are notoriously complicated and I have watched trials that get a bad result or are hung because of that. I really like Judge Tammy and I think she might be able to require some pared down easier to understand instructions...we can only hope.

I LOVE JUDGE TAMMY! She has been so kind and wonderful to Botham Jean's family. I believe that the jury has noticed this.

She actually apologized to the family for showing Botham Jean's last moments tape, she forgot to tell the family to leave. She is awesome.

I have watched most of this trial and do not see one shred of evidence that leads me to think that she went there intentionally...no way. If I have missed something please point it out. Way too much effort by some to make this about race or some other relationship. Again if I have missed an important connection I would welcome the info.

I don’t think she did either.
She has a narssist mentality. I think she was preoccupied with her last phone call. Raging in her mind over something the b/f was doing or not doing.Usually if a narssist is emotionally wounded they need -ego fuel- pronto. She goes in guns blazing.
That was a true Narc on the stand blame shifting..HE was big , HE was going to kill me.

MOO

yes Nadi...I now get your point...no question prosecution is very smart...they are doing a great job for the Jean family...this woman is finished no matter what...I think she was unstable before this happened...seems to be hanging on to this relationship with Rivera out of fear of "being alone" and I speculate he could care less about her...she is in a word pathetic. I don't know who would hire her for anything.

He’s pathetic too. Deleting evidence!

I can tell you all right now if this goes to a penalty phase I will not be able to watch a dog and pony show about how AG joined the force to help people. She probably will testify again if there is a penalty phase to gain sympathy from the jury and to garner a lighter sentence. To tell us all how HER life has been ruined by this one tragic “mistake.” Get your barf bags ready! There will be a parade of character witnesses and psych testimony too more than likely.

I can tell you all right now if this goes to a penalty phase I will not be able to watch a dog and pony show about how AG joined the force to help people. She probably will testify again if there is a penalty phase to gain sympathy from the jury and to garner a lighter sentence. To tell us all how HER life has been ruined by this one tragic “mistake.” Get your barf bags ready! There will be a parade of character witnesses and psych testimony too more than likely.
Agreed. It's going to be an intense few day with the victim impact statements and all. I wonder if she will address the court? I'll probably not be able to watch that. I think I will take a nice walk and think of Mr. Jean. :(

I don’t think she did either.
She has a narssist mentality. I think she was preoccupied with her last phone call. Raging in her mind over something the b/f was doing or not doing.Usually if a narssist is emotionally wounded they need -ego fuel- pronto. She goes in guns blazing.
That was a true Narc on the stand blame shifting..HE was big , HE was going to kill me.

MOO
Agreed. 1000% Toby Keith song just popped up in my head. All about me me meeeeeeee

jmo

I have only been able to watch snippets here and there of the news coverage this week, but fortunately all of you have been keeping the thread up to date with the latest developments; thank you!

Here's my thinking ATM. AG was/had been busy texting away with her partner/object of her personal interest, and was not paying attention to where she was going. She missed all the obvious clues because she was preoccupied with her texting. (Although I am having a *very* hard time understanding how she could miss that BRIGHT RED door mat).

The door was either ajar or somehow she opened it. (The answer to this point will be very important to the outcome). From there, she thought there was an intruder and shot to kill.

Was this murder? This is a very tough one, and will rely heavily on the Judge's instructions *and where she was standing when she shot him*. If she was in the doorway, she could have backed out and sought cover. If she could tell he was sitting on the couch and eating ice cream, she was obviously not in imminent danger of losing her life.

For me, it will get down to where she was standing, and where he was at the time of the shooting. If stitting, I think a charge of murder might stick.

I don't think this was her intention, I think she was preoccupied with lover boy, and should never have been carrying a gun based on this, and her previous shooting incident. Trigger happy Trixie.

RIP sweet Botham

Amateur open and speculation

Today is Botham Jean's birthday. He would have been 28. This is the second birthday his mother has been without him. I'm saying a prayer today for his family. Happy birthday Mr. Jean, may you be blessed in your eternal life.

Today is Botham Jean's birthday. He would have been 28. This is the second birthday his mother has been without him. I'm saying a prayer today for his family. Happy birthday Mr. Jean, may you be blessed in your eternal life.

Heart wrenching. I hope that they don't mention this at the trial. Right now, it is all about "AG".

I hope that there is a penalty phase, and that every single person touched by Botham Jean is allowed to speak. His family, his friends, people from his church.

AG needs to go to prison. For years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member