GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully have to disagree with you--- i was thinking manslaughter----am glad to Castle Doctrine was not perverted into letting this woman walk away from what she did.I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that the murder charge was totally political but of course you are entitled, as we all are, to your opinion. I did not expect she would be guilty of murder but I am pleased.
well now that castle doctrine was included not sure what an appeal could be based.?

I think everyone needs to reserve their elation for the sentencing. I hope it comes soon. Anyone know if it's scheduled?

I'm satisfied with the verdict. It's harsher than I thought it would be. But anything within the guidelines would be fair to me as long as they consider her background, lack of criminal record, she didn't do this with a depraved heart, for fun or whatever, whether she has expressed true remorse, etc.

I heard someone on court tv say that DA can pick the jury or the judge to impose the sentence. It sounds like they want the jury?
Judge tammy looked pretty upset when she walked in and it appeared her mascara was smeared under her eyes. I do think that she has some serious empathy for AG.

BBM: JMO and MOO -- but that is what I think also.

Remember when AG testified ? I was taken aback by the Judge's emotions.

MOO

She probably won't walk out at the end of today. On WFAA he just said that if she gets 10 years or less then she can appeal to be out on appellate bond. If it's 11 years or more, then that is not an option and she will go to jail immediately. Or something like that ...
this woman simply cannot be released....of course jury does not know all of this.

It does kind of worry me, while I agree with the verdict, that the family's loud outburst will affect how the jury chooses the length of her sentence.

I don't think it will have bearing on that. But she can choose to have the judge impose sentence, apparently, and the judge is going to be logical, not emotional.

BBM: JMO and MOO -- but that is what I think also.

Remember when AG testified ? I was taken aback by the Judge's emotions.

MOO
there has been much talk about judge tammy being heavily supported by Dallas police...I assume then she has many friends on the force. This is a blow to all of them. I am sure the union was paying for her defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jzouzie