GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: JMO and MOO -- but that is what I think also.

Remember when AG testified ? I was taken aback by the Judge's emotions.

MOO
I posted about the Judge's emotions at the time AG testified and broke down. This morning, it was obvious that she was very emotional as soon as she came into the courtroom. I believe if I were AG, I would request the Judge sentence me. May be too late though.

Interesting chatter on Court TV- one of the attorneys said she was convicted (and I quote) "for being a ding-a-ling"-- no sir: she was not convicted because of that: she was convicted because she murdered a man who was not a threat AND SHE LIED ABOUT IT IN HER TESTIMONY---- there of course are other reasons, only the jury knows exactly why they came down with murder- but she did admit intending to murder him as well.

You can tell they attorneys at Court TV feel kind of sorry for her---

I think a sentence of 10-15 years would be appropriate.

SOME people, you mean. I am "people" and I am horrified this was ever charged as a murder given all the case law, precedents and judicial opinions. I would have been pleased with no criminal charges and leave the case in the civil court for wrongful death. The murder charge was totally political and nothing in the presented prosecution case supports it IMO. All MOO.

It was a little more than political. My castle remains MINE.

It does kind of worry me, while I agree with the verdict, that the family's loud outburst will affect how the jury chooses the length of her sentence.

Hello,

BBM: Oh, I hope not! It's been a long year waiting for Justice for Bo's family and friends.

JMO but I think an outburst would be normal - for both sides - again, JMO.

SOME people, you mean. I am "people" and I am horrified this was ever charged as a murder given all the case law, precedents and judicial opinions. I would have been pleased with no criminal charges and leave the case in the civil court for wrongful death. The murder charge was totally political and nothing in the presented prosecution case supports it IMO. All MOO.

But the law in TX clearly provides for these charges. I would be horrified if she wasn't charged at all.

She had a defense but the jury rejected it.

To not charge someone for anything at all after they break into another person's Castle and execute them because they were unreasonably distracted despite training and the responsibility that comes with carrying a loaded weapon- that would be an insane travesty. How would you feel if it was your son killed like that?

the interview with Jean supporters at courthouse indicated they plan a "celebration" tonight on the steps...I am not sure that is a good idea and I assume that the jury could see this depending on timing...I also did not like all the clapping...I did not hear Judge Tammy give any strong warning before the verdict was read. This can impact remaining decisions of the jury. If I were AG's attorneys...I would be addressing this and getting things under better control. AG has been now made a poster child for all the sins of the Dallas PD...I do understand that her family probably sees it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ac125