GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
J.D. Miles‏Verified account @jdmiles11 49s49 seconds ago
Prosecutors now plan to introduce Amber Guyger’s DPD personnel file against her during punishment phase of her murder trial. She had been involved in a police shooting, disciplined for adverse conduct, cited for a chase policy violation and others during her 5 year career

EF0Ghw1WkAE35cw.jpg

I have not followed this case at all. Just read the news story and was shocked to see all the people shouting justice was served. I am honestly confused and have come here to see what I am missing. From what I have gathered this woman believed she was entering her apartment and an unknown man was in her apartment and she shot and killed him. How is that murder? Manslaughter maybe but murder? It seems to me to be a horrible mistake that she made not murder. Should she get punished? Yes she killed someone. But a drunk driver that gets in a wreck and kills someone does not get charged with murder. She wasn't even intoxicated. Even a person in a car accident that is at fault for running a red light and kills someone does not get charged with murder. This is what I am confused about. As I said I have not followed this case and am curious what I am missing. I understand he is black but I think the same thing would have happened if he was any other race. He was a unknown man in a woman's house.
no you've missed a lot like the fact she was texting her married lover while Bo died, and she lied on the stand , and she should have retreated and called for backup she heard him before she even opened the door , plus someone was supposed to be at HER apt she would have shot them (maintenance man) ...there's more!

That's incorrect. You may be thinking of not sufficient evidence to convict? That's possible grounds to appeal. But that's based on what comes out at trial. Not on charging decisions.

I am roughly thinking of an appeal based on the following. As a non lawyer, I am not familiar with the specifics:

Dear Appellate Court:

Lead In: The circumstances (death due to reckless conduct of the perpetrator ) of the crime do not support the charge and conviction of murder. Therefore, my Client was denied Due Process.

Supporting Facts: Facts as to why the death of the victim was due to reckless conduct of the perpetrator.

Supporting Facts: numerous as possible examples of Texas courts handling reckless vehicle accidents, reckless fire arms accidents, street racing and "hold my beer, watch this" stunt fatalities as Manslaughter. Heck, your honor, even DWI deaths are charged under Intoxication Manslaughter- not Murder.

Conclusion: Texas Courts have held that deaths due to Reckless conduct are not murder. Therefore, the conviction for murder due to reckless action is not sustainable.

Our client's right to Due Process was violated when the Murder charge was used. We request that the conviction be reduced to Manslaughter.....

Last edited:
I am roughly thinking of an appeal based on the following:

Dear Appellate Court:

The circumstances (death due to reckless conduct of the perpetrator ) of the crime do not support the charge and conviction of murder. Therefore, my Client was denied Due Process.

Argument is made as to why death was due to reckless conduct of the perpetrator

Supporting Facts: numerous as possible examples of Texas courts handling reckless vehicle accidents, reckless fire arms accidents, street racing and "hold my beer, watch this" stunt fatalities as Manslaughter. Heck, your honor, even DWI deaths are charged under Intoxication Manslaughter- not Murder.

Conclusion: Texas Courts have held that deaths due to Reckless conduct are not murder. Therefore, the conviction for murder due to reckless action is not sustainable. Our client's right to Due Process was violated when the Murder charge was used. We request that the conviction be reduced to Manslaughter.....
That won't fly because AG ADMITTED her intent was to kill him. The only thing reckless about this case is her reckless disregard for human life.

JMO

"We the jury unanimously find the defendant Amber Guyger guilty of murder as charged in the indictment," Judge Tammy Kemp read aloud to the courtroom from the jurors' statement. A sob, which sounded like it came from Guyger's bench, cut the judge off and Kemp paused to address the courtroom: "No outbursts."

Rare conviction for US cop who shot unarmed black man | IOL News

yay they are bringing up her SM! She was turned down as a Ft Worth police officer for mary jane use! and failed the entrance poly, and turned down for DFW airport police!!!
This information should be reason for an investigation into the hiring practices and background information of all the Dallas PD officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18