GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
State Releases New Amber Guyger Mug Shot
Amber-Guyger-new-mugshot-100719.jpg

Call me a cynical person, but I don't believe that AG is going to "find" Jesus in prison. But she will "Walk the Walk, and Talk the Talk" until she is free.
“Whatever it takes” will be her guiding force to sanity and freedom.

Five years?! That is outrageous. She will be eligible for parole in FIVE years!

That would make me sick if Botham Jean had been my son. But I guess that Brandt Jean will get his "wish". AG won't be in prison very long.
There was a district court judge discussing on TV that while she is eligible for parole in 5 years, people very rarely are granted parole the first time. He said it is most common that people spend at least 75-80% of their sentence before getting parole. So he said she'll probably be in at least 7-1/2 to 8 years.

Why a Judge Says She Gave Amber Guyger a Bible, a Hug and Hope of Redemption
merlin_162021990_2528af01-942d-4ce3-844c-95f94dc76ff9-articleLarge.jpg

Judge Tammy Kemp said she turned to her faith when a former Dallas police officer asked her for advice and a hug in the courtroom. Not everyone is happy with that.
More at link . . .

Why a Judge Says She Gave Amber Guyger a Bible, a Hug and Hope of Redemption

Minutes after the trial - AG's defense lawyers cited that AG asked Judge Kemper for a Bible - that she didn't have hers, and Judge went back to her chambers and gave AG her Bible.

For some reason -- the defense statements didn't get the publicity that the "inappropriate behavior by the Judge" received.

Link to the defense posted upthread.

Last edited:
Baffling how so many want to just white wash over that.
MOO

This is the worst type of police officer, who believes that they are better than everyone else. And that everything out of their mouth must be obeyed instantly. Power trip.

They actually escalate situations.

Dallas PD is obviously full of officers like this. Which is why they didn't think anything AG said, or did was inappropriate.

Rivera also has something else in common with Guyger: The 17-year DPD veteran also shot and killed an unarmed man.

On March 22, 2007, Rivera shot 20-year-old Brandon Washington outside a convenience store, where the man was eating a stolen candy bar.

On Wednesday, Brandon’s mother, Antoinette Washington will join a midday news conference in downtown Dallas by Mothers Against Police Brutality to demand that the 12-year-old case be re-investigated and that Rivera be fired.

The night he was killed, Washington was suspected of shoplifting a candy bar by a clerk at a convenience store on Lake June Road in Pleasant Grove, according to news reports.

When Washington was slow to take his hands out of his pockets, Rivera shot Washington once in the head and leg, police records say. He died later.

No weapon was recovered from Washington and police said they believed he might have been reaching for a cellphone, according to news reports at the time.
Calling for re-investigating old police shooting involving Amber Guyger’s former patrol partner Martin Rivera

It bothers me how he was not given care/treatment/the concern he deserved by AG while he lay there - all the while on her phone pacing in the hallway. I’m curious to know how this would’ve have played out had Botham Jean lived and was able to testify on his own behalf. Would or would it not have been in AGs favor?

Last edited:
It bothers me how he was not given care/treatment/the concern he deserved by AG while he lay there - all the while on her phone pacing in the hallway. I’m curious to know how this would’ve have played out had Botham Jean lived and was able to testify on his own behalf. Would or would it not have been in AGs favor?

Interesting thought. He probably wouldn't have wanted the gal who broke into his home, and shot him, to also be his nurse. How frightening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo