GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Joshua Brown still living in the same apartments? Is there any evidence that this was a robbery? It sure doesn't sound like an attempted robbery, sounds like the shooters didn't get out of the car.

U.S. District Judge Barbara Lynn, who suspended the civil case on Sept. 23 in light of Guyger’s criminal trial, will decide the case. But the recommendation filed by the magistrate judge a month earlier will play a key role in determining the city’s liability.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Irma Carrillo Ramirez recommended in August that the claims against the city be dismissed. The district judge will review the recommendation and objection, filed by the plaintiff’s attorney, and make a decision.

“Dallas Police Department’s policy is to shoot first and ask questions later,” Washington said. “That’s exactly what Guyger did.”

Joel Androphy, a former civil rights attorney based in Houston, said it was already an uphill battle in the federal court; Jean’s attorney will have to prove a city policy is at fault for Guyger’s crime and show the city policy has caused a pattern, he said.

“Texas is not historically a welcome mat for civil rights issues,” he said.

“They’re going to fight this hard, I promise you,” Androphy said. “The city is not going to agree to pay anything.”
Lawyer: Dallas won't be held liable in cop shooting

Well, this is one unique case where an officer killing an innocent person cannot be blamed on the PD or city because she was not acting in the capacity of her job and was off duty.

SBM

If the accused were not a police officer would she have been allowed to call her attorney from her cell phone in the squad car?

Good question.

Was she under arrest at that point?

It doesn't lead nowhere.
There are vested interests in destroying activist groups from within and outside the country.
It could actually be that for example that a foreign power is engaged in an act of manipulation.
We need to wait and find out how professional or otherwise they were.
Times they are a changin' etc.

If this new murder was done for political reasons, then it isn't activist groups it harms because suspicion falls most on the brotherhood of the thin blue line. This could further enrage anti DPD sentiment.

I don't know anything about DPD other than I keep seeing it said they're corrupt. They deserve scrutiny, like all police departments. That said, there is so much that is getting extremely disturbing about this case, beyond the already mortifying killing of Bo and now this witness. There are billions of dollars being poured into this country to ignite violence with the intention of destroying the country. This makes it all the more crucial for the city and police dept to be transparent but the nature of LE is to protect itself and their brotherhood - and politicians, well...

That young woman witness who shot the video is another element that is suspicious. Who paid the mysterious guys in suits to pay her visits for a month? Somebody did. I was also really alarmed when she said CELEBRITIES had been contacting her. There are people itching to make this into political weapon in a much bigger game.

I've mentioned that I'm not a fangirl of the cops. I also have concern for their safety, as well. They're not all rotten. My feelings are pretty 50/50. I've followed abuses by police for years, and that includes the murders of dogs, which they do with impunity. It makes me furious and makes me fear police. At the same time, I know a cop can quickly get blown away in the blink of an eye on something like a traffic stop. I would not want to be a cop but, hey, nobody makes them do it. They choose it of their own free will. This issue of police corruption and abuse is a complex one and it's being further manipulated by malevolent political forces.

The killer/s of this witness need to be found and charged, ASAP.

I asked:
Who would know this witness would be in this neighborhood? It's not what you think. MOO.

The police that's who would know

That is so unfounded. Police are your number 1 suspect? I think I'm right in my interpretation. So, the police would have been following him and waiting for their chance to kill him?

He was shot in the mouth that's a clear sign to shut up IMO
It's not confirmed. Maybe, maybe not. Latest from Merritt:
Where #JoshuaBrown was shot seems to be disputed. I was told by immediate family that the ME said mouth and chest. Initially I was told in the back. I just heard from a witness who provided aide to a wound in the buttocks and side. We will have to await the autopsy to be sure.
Joshua Brown, witness in Botham Jean murder trial, shot dead: "Reality of the black experience in America" says attorney.

He was shot in the mouth that's a clear sign to shut up IMO

Wow, I haven't read the details and didn't know that. It sure sounds symbolic but I'm into conspiracy so there's that. I don't want to jump to conclusions. If he was shot from a distance then it could be where a shot happened to hit him.

JB was also shot outside a club last November, and shooter is out on bond.

Slain witness in Amber Guyger murder trial was prior victim of gun violence, sources say

Oct 6, 2019

DALLAS — Updated at 2:16 p.m. Sunday this story has been updated throughout.

The former neighbor of Botham Jean was gunned down Friday night at an apartment complex, police sources say.

The medical examiner on Sunday officially identified Joshua Brown, 28, as the victim of the shooting. The medical examiner’s office said the autopsy has been conducted, but no results are available.

Brown was shot several times by an unknown person late Friday night, according to a post by attorney Lee Merritt. Merritt is an attorney for Botham Jean's family.
[ This info only tweeted and/or provided by Merritt -- not confirmed by ME].

[...]

Police say when they arrived at the complex, they found a man in the parking lot with gunshot wounds. Brown was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

After Friday night’s shooting witnesses told police they heard several gunshots and saw a silver four-door sedan leaving the parking lot after the shooting. They were not able to provide a physical description of any possible suspects.

[...]

Last November, Brown was shot and another man killed outside a strip club called the Dallas Cabaret on Walnut Ridge Street in Northwest Dallas. bbm

Kendall Deshonn Morris has been indicted on a charge of murder and an aggravated assault in connection with the incident. He is currently out on bond.

The Dallas Morning News wrote a story on the incident last December.

The News cited an arrest affidavit stating that Morris and another man were at the club celebrating a birthday and encountered Brown at the strip club.

The other man wanted to fight Brown and the two men fought in the street, the News reported. When Brown and his friends attempted to leave, Morris pulled a gun out of a car and handed it to another man, the story said.

Nicholas Shaq'uan Diggs was killed and Brown was hit in the foot.

ETA: I think it's outrageous that Mr Merritt has been perpetuating rumor as facts (JB shot in mouth) while failing to report that JB was witnessed a murder, and was also shot last November.

Defendant in this case is out on bond. More likely that defendant wanted witness dead. What a coincidence that Merritt failed to report this these facts.

Wow, I haven't read the details and didn't know that. It sure sounds symbolic but I'm into conspiracy so there's that. I don't want to jump to conclusions. If he was shot from a distance then it could be where a shot happened to hit him.

No somebody lied about where he was shot and then someone irresponsible with a large SM following posted the lie.

Slain witness in Amber Guyger murder trial was prior victim of gun violence, sources say

Oct 6, 2019

The former neighbor of Botham Jean was gunned down Friday night at an apartment complex, police sources say.

The medical examiner on Sunday officially identified Joshua Brown, 28, as the victim of the shooting. The medical examiner’s office said the autopsy has been conducted, but no results are available.

Brown was shot several times by an unknown person late Friday night, according to a post by attorney Lee Merritt. Merritt is an attorney for Botham Jean's family.

[...]

Police say when they arrived at the complex, they found a man in the parking lot with gunshot wounds. Brown was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

After Friday night’s shooting witnesses told police they heard several gunshots and saw a silver four-door sedan leaving the parking lot after the shooting. They were not able to provide a physical description of any possible suspects.

[...]

Last November, Brown was shot and another man killed outside a strip club called the Dallas Cabaret on Walnut Ridge Street in Northwest Dallas. bbm

Kendall Deshonn Morris has been indicted on a charge of murder and an aggravated assault in connection with the incident. He is currently out on bond.

The News cited an arrest affidavit stating that Morris and another man were at the club celebrating a birthday and encountered Brown at the strip club.

The other man wanted to fight Brown and the two men fought in the street, the News reported. When Brown and his friends attempted to leave, Morris pulled a gun out of a car and handed it to another man, the story said.

ETA: I think it's outrageous that Mr Merritt has been perpetuating rumor as facts (JB shot in mouth) while failing to report that JB was witnessed a murder, and was also shot last November.

Defendant in this case is out on bond. More likely that defendant wanted witness dead. What a coincidence that Merritt failed to report this these facts.
Perhaps the plot is starting to get thinner.

I cried like a baby when I finally watched the brother testify and then hug the defendant. I sure would be proud to call him my son and the world needs so many more folks like him. I hope it made the same impact on everyone who watched it. I didn't see anything wrong with the judge giving the defendant a bible and a small lecture. She will need it in the future. Maybe she already knew she was a Christian maybe not, the case was over and it should not be addressed in any other matter than a blessing and farewell IMO

Oct 6, 2019

[...]

[...]

Thank you for this and it illustrates why jumping to conclusions is a bad idea.

Very strange that the guy indicted in the strip club murder is out on bond.

No somebody lied about where he was shot and then someone irresponsible with a large SM following posted the lie.

Thank you and I'm just learning this. That Merritt guy was previously way out of line (especially as an attorney) when he said Guyger's conviction was for Trayvon Martin and all of the other people he listed. His agenda is skewed.

Well, this is one unique case where an officer killing an innocent person cannot be blamed on the PD or city because she was not acting in the capacity of her job and was off duty.
Maybe a lawyer can weigh in. If she was in uniform, shouted commands etc and if she was treated like an officer after the shooting by the PD could that leave the PD or the City exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom