GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the night Guyger killed Jean, Dallas Police Association President Mike Mata arrived on the scene. Guyger, as reported by CBS DFW, was sitting in the back of a patrol car when Mata arrived.

Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall said last week she would launch an internal review of the situation.

Steve Stribley, president of the Texas Fraternal Order of Police, released a statement defending Mata, saying the officer went to the scene as president of the local union, not as an officer of the law. His full statement:

The Fraternal Order of Police Texas State Lodge supports Sergeant Mike Mata and his efforts to expose what appears to be a blatant case of prosecutorial misconduct by the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office.

Despite making claims to the contrary, prosecutor Jason Hermus knew that Mike Mata was responding in his capacity as President of the Dallas Police Association to the scene of an officer involved shooting, In his role as DPA President, he had a legal responsibility to request recording devices in a squad car be turned off as Officer Amber Guyger was going to talk to her attorney on her cell phone.

Even a first-year law student knows that her conversation was protected under attorney-client privilege and any effort to record such confidential communication would be illegal.

Hermus was willing to make a despicable, false, and theatrical accusation to win a conviction, even if it meant deteriorating the public’s trust in the Dallas Police Department and discrediting a decorated police officer who has spent the last 25 years of his life protecting families.

Patrick Yoes, president of the national Fraternal Order of Police, also defended Mata in his own statement:

I was outraged to learn that Dallas Assistant District Attorney Jason Hermus deliberately and maliciously attacked the character of Mike Mata, the President of the Dallas FOP Lodge, in the course of prosecuting Officer Amber Guyger. It was unnecessary, it was wrong and it was so grossly irresponsible that I believe it constitutes prosecutorial misconduct.

Mike Mata responded to the scene, not as an officer of the Dallas Police Department, but as the representative of the Dallas Police Association—the union to which Officer Guyger belongs. When she telephoned her attorney, President Mata requested that all recording devices be turned off. Anyone who has seen an episode of TV’s Law and Order knows that conversations between a client and her attorney are privileged communications. As her union representative, President Mata would have been negligent had he not made that request If the accused were not a police officer, there would be no question that recording devices should be deactivated ‘k hitt.. [sic] a client and her attorney communicate.

The false and reckless accusations made by the Assistant District Attorney, not only smears the character of a law enforcement officer of 25 years, but it undermines the public’s trust in the Dallas Police Department. He should be ashamed of himself, and he should apologize for his blatant misconduct.

Police Union Stands By Officer Who Turned Off Recording Devices So Amber Guyger Could Talk To Her Attorney

If the accused were not a police officer, there would be no question that recording devices should be deactivated ‘k hitt.. [sic] a client and her attorney communicate.
SBM

If the accused were not a police officer would she have been allowed to call her attorney from her cell phone in the squad car?

further to my last post, if Law and Order is the standard by which one should "know" I'm pretty sure I've never seen an episode where the suspect is permitted to call their attorney from the squad car.

IMO that statement is nothing but CYA.

Who would know this witness would be in this neighborhood? It's not what you think. MOO.
Are you alluding to this neighborhood being the gay part of town? Just FYI, there are a lot of straight people who live in this area, especially west of the tollway. The gay strip is centered around Cedar Springs/Throckmorton. My gaydar (which tends to be fabulous) is not going off on this case.

On the night Guyger killed Jean, Dallas Police Association President Mike Mata arrived on the scene. Guyger, as reported by CBS DFW, was sitting in the back of a patrol car when Mata arrived.

Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall said last week she would launch an internal review of the situation.

Steve Stribley, president of the Texas Fraternal Order of Police, released a statement defending Mata, saying the officer went to the scene as president of the local union, not as an officer of the law. His full statement:

The Fraternal Order of Police Texas State Lodge supports Sergeant Mike Mata and his efforts to expose what appears to be a blatant case of prosecutorial misconduct by the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office.

Despite making claims to the contrary, prosecutor Jason Hermus knew that Mike Mata was responding in his capacity as President of the Dallas Police Association to the scene of an officer involved shooting, In his role as DPA President, he had a legal responsibility to request recording devices in a squad car be turned off as Officer Amber Guyger was going to talk to her attorney on her cell phone.

Even a first-year law student knows that her conversation was protected under attorney-client privilege and any effort to record such confidential communication would be illegal.

Hermus was willing to make a despicable, false, and theatrical accusation to win a conviction, even if it meant deteriorating the public’s trust in the Dallas Police Department and discrediting a decorated police officer who has spent the last 25 years of his life protecting families.

Patrick Yoes, president of the national Fraternal Order of Police, also defended Mata in his own statement:

I was outraged to learn that Dallas Assistant District Attorney Jason Hermus deliberately and maliciously attacked the character of Mike Mata, the President of the Dallas FOP Lodge, in the course of prosecuting Officer Amber Guyger. It was unnecessary, it was wrong and it was so grossly irresponsible that I believe it constitutes prosecutorial misconduct.

Mike Mata responded to the scene, not as an officer of the Dallas Police Department, but as the representative of the Dallas Police Association—the union to which Officer Guyger belongs. When she telephoned her attorney, President Mata requested that all recording devices be turned off. Anyone who has seen an episode of TV’s Law and Order knows that conversations between a client and her attorney are privileged communications. As her union representative, President Mata would have been negligent had he not made that request If the accused were not a police officer, there would be no question that recording devices should be deactivated ‘k hitt.. [sic] a client and her attorney communicate.

The false and reckless accusations made by the Assistant District Attorney, not only smears the character of a law enforcement officer of 25 years, but it undermines the public’s trust in the Dallas Police Department. He should be ashamed of himself, and he should apologize for his blatant misconduct.

Police Union Stands By Officer Who Turned Off Recording Devices So Amber Guyger Could Talk To Her Attorney
Thank you!

Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot could be in legal hot water for violating a gag order ahead of the Amber Guyger murder trial.

Creuzot was served a summons for a contempt of court hearing late Friday by Judge Tammy Kemp’s court. Creuzot gave an interview to FOX4 where he briefly spoke about the upcoming trial. The video aired the night before proceedings began and the morning it started:
Anvato Universal Player

Dallas County District Attorney faces hearing for violating gag order before Amber Guyger trial

RSBM: MOST people believe DPD assassinated him? Are you referring to people on social media? Whoever "most people" refers to, they are on the crazy train for sure.
Yes, I am indeed and I mention Twitter frequently in my posts. That is where info is most likely to break first and campaigns become launched there as well as trollbot armies and the like. I am always aware that #s are manipulated for political gain, not always American interests,

Was he targeted?
By whom?
His personal details including his address were made public, in court.
It could be DPD and it could be a group or individual wanting people to believe it was DPD.
Realistically, I don't think they'd dare... the heat is major on them right now for delaying updates etc etc, failure to notify, stating he had no ID...I mean, it's not like he was a stranger t them all? They most certainly watched him testify, UNLESS he was unrecognisable due to his injuries?
He posted on facebook and had a wee spliff and he was intending going out... BUT, the time he made the video, his last seems to coincide with his time of death... (remember I cannot work the world clock) or very shortly afterwards...
He liked Vegas, and he was posting about going there on Friday, the day he was murdered, in Dallas.

I'm sorry for speculating wildly but by the time someone gets their *advertiser censored* in gear to release some kind of statement it is unlikely to be credible.

It's really crazy tactic to delay updates.

People are really angry, most people believe DPD assassinated him...some will act on that belief, without evidence because they're so inflamed. This is obvious.

For the sake of a semblance of peace and for sanity to prevail they should have held several pressers by now.. no need to wait for ME to confirm his identity when they're aware Lee Merrit already did, via his mother. It's not like anybody called for a media blackout either. Media are not being given any information at all, except he's dead cos murdered in a parking lot and a silver sedan drove away very quickly.
Is the car related to his death or not?

He had children, he adored them..

I can say, it was not the PD per se for sure, they are probably happy to be done with the case on a high hugging note, but he was killed in at the moment that does not allow to naively believe in “accidental coincidences”. So I would just call it “a very suspicious murder”.

I guess there are some shady people used by other shady people, and this chain leads nowhere.

Last edited:
Now this witness has been murdered ?
What the Eff is going on ?
Did a friend of AG decide to end the life of a perceived 'snitch' ?
Or what ?
Btw, there should be no early parole for AG.
The sentence was far too lenient.
Imo.

Friends of AG would applaud his testimony since it matched hers.

...and how many of the said 300 proceeded with shooting the tenants living in the apartments they mistook for their own?

it is the shooting part that everyone questions. We all understand how one could take someone’s car for own, how one could be trying to enter wrong hotel room. But usually it ends on a good note.
I agree

Are you alluding to this neighborhood being the gay part of town? Just FYI, there are a lot of straight people who live in this area, especially west of the tollway. The gay strip is centered around Cedar Springs/Throckmorton. My gaydar (which tends to be fabulous) is not going off on this case.
Anything related to gay never entered my mind. Not familiar with Dallas. Have no idea that there are so-called gay areas. Even if any people involved WERE/ARE gay, I don't classify it as a gay crime. It would just be a crime. Period. Crime is crime.

I can say, it was not the PD per se for sure, but he was killed in at a top convenient moment to just believe in “accidental coincidence”. So I would just call it “a very suspicious murder”.

I guess there are informants or some shady people used by other shady people, and this chain leads nowhere.
It doesn't lead nowhere.
There are vested interests in destroying activist groups from within and outside the country.
It could actually be that for example that a foreign power is engaged in an act of manipulation.
We need to wait and find out how professional or otherwise they were.
Times they are a changin' etc.

Anything related to gay never entered my mind. Not familiar with Dallas. Have no idea that there are so-called gay areas. Even if any people involved WERE/ARE gay, I don't classify it as a gay crime. It would just be a crime. Period. Crime is crime.
Gotcha, I clearly misinterpreted your post. My apologies!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member