GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Botham Jean's former neighbor, witness in Amber Guyger trial, shot to death

Joshua Brown was shot several times around 10:35 p.m. Friday at the Atera Apartments in the 4600 block of Cedar Springs Road, and later died at a local hospital.

Botham Jean's former neighbor, witness in Amber Guyger trial, shot to death: Police

joshua_brown_killed_100519_hpMain_20191005-203301_16x9_608.jpg

PHOTO: Joshua Brown, a neighbor of victim Botham Jean, is overcome with emotion while giving testimony in court, Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2019, in Dallas. (Tom Fox/Tom Fox/The Dallas Morning News

Was he targeted?
By whom?
His personal details including his address were made public, in court.
It could be DPD and it could be a group or individual wanting people to believe it was DPD.
Realistically, I don't think they'd dare... the heat is major on them right now for delaying updates etc etc, failure to notify, stating he had no ID...I mean, it's not like he was a stranger t them all? They most certainly watched him testify, UNLESS he was unrecognisable due to his injuries?
He posted on facebook and had a wee spliff and he was intending going out... BUT, the time he made the video, his last seems to coincide with his time of death... (remember I cannot work the world clock) or very shortly afterwards...
He liked Vegas, and he was posting about going there on Friday, the day he was murdered, in Dallas.

I'm sorry for speculating wildly but by the time someone gets their *advertiser censored* in gear to release some kind of statement it is unlikely to be credible.

It's really crazy tactic to delay updates.

People are really angry, most people believe DPD assassinated him...some will act on that belief, without evidence because they're so inflamed. This is obvious.

For the sake of a semblance of peace and for sanity to prevail they should have held several pressers by now.. no need to wait for ME to confirm his identity when they're aware Lee Merrit already did, via his mother. It's not like anybody called for a media blackout either. Media are not being given any information at all, except he's dead cos murdered in a parking lot and a silver sedan drove away very quickly.
Is the car related to his death or not?

He had children, he adored them..

This is one of the most horrible crimes yet for me, witness retaliation has NO place in civilization. I feel so angry. And I am a far-away-living white woman, and merely a spectator. I don't even want to imagine how this must feel for Mr. Brown's family and community. Dark times.
I fervently hope there is justice and Karma. And that Mr. Brown is in the best place we cannot even imagine. I wish I could do something more concrete for his family.

Yeah, that was my fault :| I originally had a typo in the thread title, then when a mod fixed it, the link I had posted here went bad. Anyway, not sure how to move posts. Maybe flag and have a mod move.
Thanks. No, they have enough to do and it's not like it's in any way important or significant... I'll work away on both , though I try to only work a single case at a time on WS... there is no new informaion and it's awful, just awful. I'm afraid somebody is gonna do something really crazy very soon.

...and how many of the said 300 proceeded with shooting the tenants living in the apartments they mistook for their own?

it is the shooting part that everyone questions. We all understand how one could take someone’s car for own, how one could be trying to enter wrong hotel room. But usually it ends on a good note.
Yes. I totally understand nobody else was shot. May have been just a matter of time considering the layout and the problem with the locks. I have similar problem with my front door. I cannot stress enough that I believe her actions that night were self-centered and indefensible.
The reason I posted that article is because I kept seeing this being posted here: " all the unbelievable reasons Guyger was even there". Based on interviews of people who live there, there certainly IS a reason why "Guyger was even there". If she was not there due to mistakenly being on the wrong floor, what are the other reasons?
Here is another article:
5 key moments in Amber Guyger's murder trial for killing Botham Jean
Some residents testified in court that they've gone to the wrong apartment. Marc Lipscomb told the jury Friday about a time he entered the wrong apartment after taking his dog for a walk. He didn't realize the apartment wasn't his until he saw a woman sitting on a couch in her living room.

Dallas Police Association President Mike Mata is adamant that he will not resign in the wake of the sentencing of former officer Amber Guyger, WFAA-TV reported.

“I will not resign as president of the DPA,” Mata said. “I will continue to protect the rights of my members and every officer within the Dallas Police Department.”

Mata said he was following protocol by having the camera turned off, calling the discussion he had with Guyger “attorney-client privilege.”

“And I was not acting as an officer. I was acting as president of a labor organization,” Mata said.

Police Chief Renee Hall said internal affairs will investigate Mata’s response to the shooting, noting that some policy changes may be needed “to ensure that this community truly trusts our ability to police this community.”
https://texasmonitor.org/dallas-pol...or-resignation-in-wake-of-amber-guyger-trial/

Lawmakers passed a bill earlier this year requiring the agency to be more transparent, but Gov. Greg Abbott vetoed the measure, insisting that the commission could choose to be more transparent if it wanted to be. The agency was created in the 1960s to enforce rules against judicial misconduct.

Now the backlog of complaints about the conduct of Texas judges is exploding, driven in part by a population boom, which has led to the creation of new courts and election of new, inexperienced judges to fill those benches.

Records show that the number of pending cases jumped almost 75 percent between 2016 and 2018, from 477 to 827.

“A year ago, we filed a complaint on a judge, and if we hadn’t taken a screenshot of that complaint when we filed it, there would have been no way to know that it had ever been filed,” Emily Gerrick, a staff attorney for the Texas Fair Defense Project, told the House Committee on Judiciary and Civil Jurisprudence during a March hearing on the bill.

Go here for a list of Gov. Abbott’s vetoes this year.
https://texasmonitor.org/complaints...against-the-agency-tasked-with-handling-them/

People are really angry, most people believe DPD assassinated him...some will act on that belief, without evidence because they're so inflamed. This is obvious.
RSBM: MOST people believe DPD assassinated him? Are you referring to people on social media? Whoever "most people" refers to, they are on the crazy train for sure.

U.S. District Judge Barbara Lynn, who suspended the civil case on Sept. 23 in light of Guyger’s criminal trial, will decide the case. But the recommendation filed by the magistrate judge a month earlier will play a key role in determining the city’s liability.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Irma Carrillo Ramirez recommended in August that the claims against the city be dismissed. The district judge will review the recommendation and objection, filed by the plaintiff’s attorney, and make a decision.

“Dallas Police Department’s policy is to shoot first and ask questions later,” Washington said. “That’s exactly what Guyger did.”

Joel Androphy, a former civil rights attorney based in Houston, said it was already an uphill battle in the federal court; Jean’s attorney will have to prove a city policy is at fault for Guyger’s crime and show the city policy has caused a pattern, he said.

“Texas is not historically a welcome mat for civil rights issues,” he said.

“They’re going to fight this hard, I promise you,” Androphy said. “The city is not going to agree to pay anything.”
Lawyer: Dallas won't be held liable in cop shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member