GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Dallas police spokesman on Saturday would not confirm to The Associated Press that it was Brown who was shot Friday. He said the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office would determine the identification Sunday.

Witnesses told police they heard several gunshots and saw a silver four-door sedan speeding out of the parking lot, according to the police news release.

Lee Merritt, a lawyer for the Jean family, said in a tweet Saturday that he spoke with Brown's mother.

"She is devastated. We all are," Merritt said. "Joshua Brown was a key witness in the murder of Botham Jean that helped put Amber Guyger away. We need answers."
Witness in ex-Dallas officer's murder trial shot and killed

nothing new, sadly
Lee Merritt, a civil rights attorney who represents the Jean family, called Brown a “former athlete turned entrepreneur” whose slaying “underscores the reality of the black experience in America.”

“Brown lived in constant fear that he could be the next victim of gun violence,” Merritt wrote on Facebook. “Brown deserves the same justice he sought to ensure the Jean family.”

Botham Jean’s neighbor, a key witness in Amber Guyger trial, shot to death in Dallas

OK, this is too weird..
By now, usually, some of those 'witnesses' who flagged the police down should have been interviewed.
DPD would have issued some kind of a statement. They should have! FFS . so much time has passed... what about all these promised reforms?
Is there an official investigation or not?
Who is leading it?
Who murdered Joshua Brown?
Has any progress been made in the investigation?
Is there CCTV footage? mobile phone footage? Where is it?
Who is in charge?
Lee merrit has released 2 contradictory statements regarding the shots, the first is extremely inflammatory if it's accurate. Shot in mouth? Shot in chest? Followed by shot in side and buttock?
This is crazyville.
Must be hell for his family reading nonsense if they too are still in the dark.
Has he been autopsied?
Which ME has the case?
I'm damn sure media are asking all these questions but no answers at all? From any official source?

BAD policy to be withholding info in present climes.
Social media is now dizzy with rumors and not a single fact emerged...

I do understand that Botham could have been ANYONE sitting on their couch.

I fully understand that is why his case struck a nerve and has 8 threads here.

I also understand that PTSD and nudity isn’t as comfortable for people to see.

However it still hurts a little that Anthony is on thread 1, page 1. :(

He needed help. He just needed help.

GA - Anthony Hill, 27, fatally shot by Dekalb County LE, 9 March 2015 *Arrest*
Another:
Ex-officer not guilty of manslaughter in Georgia shooting

I never heard of anyone mistakenly going to someone else's apartment and just flat out killing them...with no threat whatsoever. Unless they were delusional.
And as far as the theory that Mr Jackson was murdered because he helped the defense by saying that he heard AG and Mr Botham talking before the shooting also seems unlikely to me. With the police you'd definitely hear a command, and Mr. Brown didn't hear a command...just talking. He also said good things about Mr. Botham...such as his singing gospel songs. That would be on the Prosecutor's side.
This whole thing is just too incredulous to me. Another one of those very upsetting cases.
Sure a mentally ill person could have been the one who shot Mr Jackson, but its also known that it can be dangerous to be a witness. They really don't do enough to protect witnesses. They even gave out his exact address in court.
No wonder nobody wants to testify.

The witness has been identified only as Bunny and has stated that she recorded Guyger on her cellphone after hearing the fatal shots and Botham asking Guyger why did you shoot me. That video was seized by prosecutors and has not been seen by the public. In addition, she was placed under a gag order by the prosecution and cannot discuss the details of the video in public. Despite the fact she was only a witness to the shooting, she has received death threats and now she says she has been fired from her job.

According to her, people began contacting the pharmaceutical company where she worked claiming that she was a radical, anti-police and a Black extremist. As a result, she claims the company did not want the publicity and fired her as well as revoking the credentials of her profession.
Woman Who Filmed Shooting Of Botham Jean Fired From Job In Retaliation (Video) | The Oklahoma Eagle

NYT
Witness in Murder Trial of Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger Fatally Shot, Lawyer Says
The Dallas Police Department would not confirm that Mr. Brown was the shooting victim, but said in an email that officers had responded to the Atera apartments at 4606 Cedar Springs Road around 10:37 p.m. local time Friday for a reported shooting.

“The complainant was found lying on the ground in the apartment parking lot with multiple gunshot wounds,” the police said. “Dallas Fire-Rescue responded and transported the complainant to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where he died from his injuries. Several witnesses heard several gunshots and observed a silver four-door sedan leaving the parking lot at a high rate of speed.”

Police officials said the victim did not have identification on him.

And the NYT with all it's resources could only get that.!
WDF is going on here??
Any other witnesses in iminent danger?

The witness has been identified only as Bunny and has stated that she recorded Guyger on her cellphone after hearing the fatal shots and Botham asking Guyger why did you shoot me. That video was seized by prosecutors and has not been seen by the public. In addition, she was placed under a gag order by the prosecution and cannot discuss the details of the video in public. Despite the fact she was only a witness to the shooting, she has received death threats and now she says she has been fired from her job.

According to her, people began contacting the pharmaceutical company where she worked claiming that she was a radical, anti-police and a Black extremist. As a result, she claims the company did not want the publicity and fired her as well as revoking the credentials of her profession.
Woman Who Filmed Shooting Of Botham Jean Fired From Job In Retaliation (Video) | The Oklahoma Eagle
It's incredibly sad the price witnesses have to pay! :(
Good for her, though, for speaking out.

Witness in Guyger Trial Shot, Killed Friday Night: DA updated

No one was in custody for Brown's death Saturday morning, and police did not provide a description of the shooter or shooters.

Police had initially said that two other people drove themselves to Parkland with gunshot wounds not thought to be life-threatening, but have determined the shootings were not related.

Wow. Who were the guys in suits showing up and refusing to identify themselves?! Now we have another witness murdered. And that gag order on her! F that. I'm glad she defied it and spoke out.

Amber Guyger: Ex-officer testifies that she wishes Botham Jean 'was the one with the gun who had killed me' - CNN
This week, Texas Ranger David Armstrong testified that of the nearly 300 residents that investigators interviewed at the complex, nearly a quarter of those who lived in the third and fourth floors had previously put their keys in the wrong door. Even more had parked on the wrong floor and walked to the wrong apartment.

...and how many of the said 300 proceeded with shooting the tenants living in the apartments they mistook for their own?

it is the shooting part that everyone questions. We all understand how one could take someone’s car for own, how one could be trying to enter wrong hotel room. But usually it ends on a good note.

...and how many of the said 300 proceeded with shooting the tenants living in the apartments they mistook for their own?

it is the shooting part that everyone questions. We all understand how one could take someone’s car for own, how one could be trying to enter wrong hotel room. But usually it ends on a good note.

Probably none were cops and that makes a big difference in how they'd react.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member