GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so horrified. Thoughts go our to his family and a hope for justice for Mr. Brown. Unbelievable.
awful, Kaen, just awful. It appears to be an assassination if I am reading this right.He was shot in the mouth and in the chest at close range as he was exiting his car. It was described as an ambush by his mother. He had no known enemies.
<modsnip - social media>
So far, precious little information available.
It's devastating...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe in coincidences like this this is scary guys!!!!
There are only mere scraps of information emerging and these scraps contradict eachother..
It's more heartbreaking than scary. I mean it's always scary ... but for him to be gunned down NOW after showing so much courage going into that court room that Hermus actually acknowledged it this morning...
We just met him and he was decent and lovely and truthful
and now his life has been taken.
(I've not moved to new hashtag yet because I'm not convinced it is a separate unconnected murder..)
Facts are exceedingly slow to emerge here. I cannot understand why.
Nor have any videos emerged yet, but they may before soon. Keep close eye on Twitter.

I thought someone explained this already. That AGs hair had to be checked for self harm objects before taken back into confined custody. IMO if one watches the video it makes sense because the officer goes around AGs entire head, touching the hair from the top to the bottom.

MOO

Where were the officer's gloves while doing this? Officers don't get in anybody's hair without gloves and they carry the gloves with them.

Where were the officer's gloves while doing this? Officers don't get in anybody's hair without gloves and they carry the gloves with them.
I just watched the video. I don't believe that was a comforting gesture. No way, no how. Even if it was to comfort, I don't get the outrage. If it was compassion, doesn't the officer have a right to her feelings? That was a search, IMO. Why the criticism of the officer? I don't have an explanation for no gloves. Maybe the officer felt they were not needed. But wow, you would think by some of these comments a crime was committed.
ETA: I have lived in 95% minority neighborhoods. I'm a white girl. I think African-Americans can figure things out. White people aren't helping by second-guessing this officer's actions. It is demeaning to this woman of color to think she was under some weird kind of pressure to stroke Amber's hair. No wonder things are a mess. IMO.

Last edited:
I don't believe in coincidences like this this is scary guys!!!!

This is more than scary. I've had my doubts about this whole affair since Botham was shot and all the unbelievable reasons Guyger was even there. Her failure to even put a compress on the innocent man she shot. The Trial that included perverting the castle doctrine and the murder verdict that ended up with a measly 10 year sentence. The display of affection and concern for the murderess. And now the death of a witness that told of his fear for his life? If I was writing a script meant to stir up division and turmoil it wouldn't compare to the facts of what has transpired.

update
DPD Investigates Mesquite PD Officer Involved Shooting

On October 5, 2019, at about 3:48 p.m., officers were dispatched to the 6000 block of Lovett Avenue regarding an assist officer request by Mesquite Police. The preliminary investigation revealed that Mesquite Police initiated a pursuit of a stolen vehicle within the city limits of Mesquite. The pursuit crossed into the city limits of Dallas. Once inside the city limits of Dallas, the driver abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot. Mesquite police chased the driver into the backyard of a residence in the 6000 block of Lovett Avenue. Mesquite PD observed the suspect with a handgun and shots were fired by Mesquite PD. The driver was struck. Officers rendered emergency aid. The suspect was transported to a local hospital in stable condition. No officers were injured. A gun was recovered. For charges related to the incident please contact Mesquite PD. Dallas officers did not fire their weapons. The incident is documented on case number 203015-2019. The investigation is ongoing.
Source-Dallas Police Department

I just watched the video. I don't believe that was a comforting gesture. No way, no how. Even if it was to comfort, I don't get the outrage. If it was compassion, doesn't the officer have a right to her feelings? That was a search, IMO. Why the criticism of the officer? I don't have an explanation for no gloves. Maybe the officer felt they were not needed. But wow, you would think by some of these comments a crime was committed.
ETA: I have lived in 95% minority neighborhoods. I'm a white girl. I think African-Americans can figure things out. White people aren't helping by second-guessing this officer's actions. It is demeaning to this woman of color to think she was under some weird kind of pressure to stroke Amber's hair. No wonder things are a mess. IMO.

This has nothing to do with black or white. Its all about the lack of gloves. She was not doing a search.

This is more than scary. I've had my doubts about this whole affair since Botham was shot and all the unbelievable reasons Guyger was even there. Her failure to even put a compress on the innocent man she shot. The Trial that included perverting the castle doctrine and the murder verdict that ended up with a measly 10 year sentence. The display of affection and concern for the murderess. And now the death of a witness that told of his fear for his life? If I was writing a script meant to stir up division and turmoil it wouldn't compare to the facts of what has transpired.
Many of Amber's actions are indefensible, I agree totally. What are the "unbelievable reasons" she was there? If I recall, many dozens of residents said they had also gone to the wrong apartment. You are saying, in essence, that AG premeditated the killing of BJ. Doesn't make sense. MOO.

Am I the only one whose mind went to a place of "this is not a random shooting and has something to do with his testimony".....or do I just read too much true crime?
not I just posted the same...it sounds like the same apartments...boy there won't be anyone left living there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaylacalifa