GUILTY TX - Fugitive con artists & 7 kids turn up on grounded sailboat, Galveston, Nov 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
just saw this story this morning...they are wanted fugitives wanted for wire fraud. pics and info in the story.
95783adf290286378cfbeba7968499d1.jpg

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crim.../?hootPostID=58fae48d39efc8840a392767f68dcad1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we all saw that coming.

from the link above:

The F.B.I. called Galveston County Deputies saying Donald Winberg, 43, and Karlien Winberg, 33, are wanted for wire fraud. According to the indictment out of Colorado, the couple claimed to be running a million dollar hay business in Texas and Idaho but instead were cheating buyers. Investigators say the Winbergs even took buyers out to hayfields and drove them around claiming they owned the land. The trial set for January was canceled after the Winbergs left town.

Donald Brian Winberg and Karlien Richel Winberg

I think we all saw that coming.

from the link above:

The F.B.I. called Galveston County Deputies saying Donald Winberg, 43, and Karlien Winberg, 33, are wanted for wire fraud. According to the indictment out of Colorado, the couple claimed to be running a million dollar hay business in Texas and Idaho but instead were cheating buyers. Investigators say the Winbergs even took buyers out to hayfields and drove them around claiming they owned the land. The trial set for January was canceled after the Winbergs left town.

But what town were they from? The article says they were doing business in Idaho and Texas but the indictment is out of Colorado. I am assuming they are from Colorado.

but the car they are driving is registered in texas

I knew something was wrong. Who in their right mind would want to take SEVEN very young kids for a month long trip on a small sailboat? Sounds like an absolute nightmare to me.

Although the article gave us names and a reason, they sure didn't give us much more to go on. But I bet this group finds plenty!

I have been reading but haven't been able to do much searching. I bet they are found soon. It's hard to hide that many children.

but the car they are driving is registered in texas

Sounds like they were conning people who lived in Colorado. And so maybe that is where the complaints were filed. Wire fraud is usually long distance crime.

I know it is stereotyping but they don't "look like" sailors to me. Maybe that is why their boat turned over.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/colorado/codce/1:2014cv03069/152279
Plaintiff: David Faucette Farms LLC
Defendant: Donald Brian Winberg and Karlien Richel Winberg
Case Number: 1:2014cv03069
Filed: November 13, 2014
Court: Colorado District Court
Office: Denver Office
County: Conejos
Presiding Judge: Richard P. Matsch
Nature of Suit: Fraud or Truth-In-Lending
Cause of Action: 28:1332 Diversity-Breach of Contract
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff

Considering these adults past records and fraudulent and dangerous behaviour - these children need to be found (again) and removed (rescued) from these two criminal parents.
Looks as if they have no hesitation to risk their children's lives to save their own skins :mad:
They could be anywhere now - they have probably conned their way out of the country - I wonder where their money is - they wont be far behind it.

LE must be kicking themselves (and angry as anything) to let these two get past them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back