GUILTY TX - Gerren Isgrigg, 6, disabled, left to die in Wylie park, 12 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did the police ever release his picture? Sorry if his picture is on this thread. It's really late (or really early depending on how you look at it) and I can't find this poor baby's picture.

Thanks,
Tricia
PS. I did write the police department requesting a picture in case we don't have one.

Police release computer-generated photo of boy found in Wylie

Posted on April 16, 2010 at 3:02 PM
Updated today at 3:02 PM

02041610boy.jpg

01041610boy.jpg

"There was no obvious trauma on the body. It appears the boy had significant medical needs. The child showed signs of being fed through a feeding tube," said one official.

Police said the child had been at the park about 24 hours but they say they don't know how long the little boy was dead.

The Collin County Medical Examiner performed an autopsy on Thursday, but at this point, was not able to determine a cause of death.

Article with video: http://www.wfaa.com/news/Police-release-photo-of-boy-found--91043659.html

Bump for Tricia.

Did the police ever release his picture? Sorry if his picture is on this thread. It's really late (or really early depending on how you look at it) and I can't find this poor baby's picture.

Thanks,
Tricia
PS. I did write the police department requesting a picture in case we don't have one.

Here's another one, Tricia:

9641c0df.jpg

Somebody was looking for this article w/interview of the man who found this little boy.

Man who found boy's body talks about the 'sad' discovery

Gary Valentine said his workers were mowing in the area when they saw what looked like a human leg under a pile of brush. When Valentine arrived at the scene, he picked up what he thought was a small mannequin.

"I said a prayer and I knew I was at a crime scene, but I also knew I couldn't throw a child in a brush pile," he said. "So, I stepped across the fence, laid him down, looked back [and] saw a baby blanket [and] took it and covered up the baby and called 911."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Man-who-found-boys-body--91089234.html

Boy, I was sure hoping he'd be spoken for this morning. This is so sad.

It reminds me of a show I saw a long time ago wherein a family had been hiding one of their children who had special needs in the basement, he finally died due to neglect and no one even knew about it until years later when someone uncovered the body. I can't remember the details, but man what a spooky situation.

My heart goes out to this kid, whatever the circumstances end up being.

The silence around this case is the reason I think it's a out of towner. If it was a local family I would think someone would have heard it on the news and talked. Are we sure it's a g tube? I'm not familiar with one at all but if it's something medically put in then is it something that needs frequent medical adjusting or check ups? Or maybe the feeding tube was put in a few years ago and the parents never followed up????

The silence around this case is the reason I think it's a out of towner. If it was a local family I would think someone would have heard it on the news and talked. Are we sure it's a g tube? I'm not familiar with one at all but if it's something medically put in then is it something that needs frequent medical adjusting or check ups? Or maybe the feeding tube was put in a few years ago and the parents never followed up????

ITA. A social worker somewhere knows this child. Whether through CPS, a hospital, a charitable organization, others know this situation. It makes one wonder if this 'family' moved around so there wasn't consistent contact and records kept. For example, if the father works or worked in the oil/gas fields and moves from place to place living in a travel trailer.

ITA. A social worker somewhere knows this child. Whether through CPS, a hospital, a charitable organization, others know this situation. It makes one wonder if this 'family' moved around so there wasn't consistent contact and records kept. For example, if the father works or worked in the oil/gas fields and moves from place to place living in a travel trailer.

I agree fhc, someone definitely knows this child. He had a g-tube, g-button, trach or something that led investigators to quickly determine that he was a special needs child. From my own experience these children born with special needs are usually sent home with a team of care providers, such as physical and occupational therapists, home based teachers, social workers and visiting nurses. I know when I've brought home special needs children from the hospital my home had a revolving door for 2-3 years or more with team members visiting and working with the child. So yes, there are probably many somebody's who knew this baby and had worked with him. The big question I have is, why aren't they coming forward? The only thing I can think of is that he wasn't from Texas or at least not that part of Texas. I'm still thinking he might be from a neighboring state.

I agree fhc, someone definitely knows this child. He had a g-tube, g-button, trach or something that led investigators to quickly determine that he was a special needs child. From my own experience these children born with special needs are usually sent home with a team of care providers, such as physical and occupational therapists, home based teachers, social workers and visiting nurses. I know when I've brought home special needs children from the hospital my home had a revolving door for 2-3 years or more with team members visiting and working with the child. So yes, there are probably many somebody's who knew this baby and had worked with him. The big question I have is, why aren't they coming forward? The only thing I can think of is that he wasn't from Texas or at least not that part of Texas. I'm still thinking he might be from a neighboring state.

My "bet" of where he was from, if not Texas, would be Oklahoma. I know we have taken this route when avoiding Dallas rush hour, and heading up to the I-40 in Oklahoma to take to Arkansas. Look at this map, I have the end point just over the border of Oklahoma. If they were from OK, and wanted him not to be found, perhaps they would avoid lake Texoma and the Red River because it's not far enough away. Maybe they even drove with the brush covering him in a pickup, so they could use an excuse if pulled over that they were going camping, and that was to be firewood? Just a thought. They certainly would want to stay off the main roads, IMO.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...-96.606375&sspn=1.057021,2.458191&ie=UTF8&z=9

Just to clarify, an NG-tube is passed through the nostril and it's quite separate from a G-tube, which goes in the stomach via the abdomen.

More about G-tubes from Wikipedia: "The G-tube is useful where there is difficulty with swallowing because of neurologic or anatomic disorders (stroke, esophageal atresia, tracheoesophageal fistula), and to avoid the risk of aspiration pneumonia. It is also used when patients are malnourished and cannot take enough food by mouth to maintain their weight, such as with mitochondrial disease and short bowel syndrome."

If this boy had a fistula (TEF) or atresia, those would show up in the autopsy. Also, when he went out his parents/caretakers probably had one of those small backpacks that all the tubing ran to, and the actual pump for his feeds and the Pediasure/formula would be in the backpack.

Reference photo for the backpack: http://psychmamma.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/dsc_0181.jpg

I still think that he had to be under a doctor's care. You can change feeding tubes at home by using a syringe to pull the water out of the balloon that rests just under the skin and holds the button in place, then putting in a new button and filling the new balloon, but as the child grows you have to see a doctor periodically to have the surgical opening measured and a prescription for a new size of feeding tube written out. Plus, I'm not sure of this but I doubt the home medical supply company would just continue to send new bags and tubing without doctor's orders. If this poor child was not being seen by a doctor for long enough his MIC-KEY button would eventually be outgrown and it would leak, making it useless. The balloons on those eventually wear out, too, even if a new size isn't needed yet.

I can't help this case reminds me of Beloved Doe found in Houston, unidentified for about 5 years, and finally ID'd as Jose Bernardo Martinez. His mother was in Houston, and his father was in houston too!. I know that Dallas? is not exactly close to the border, but it might help to review the steps taken to ID Jose. What finally led to Jose being identified is the airing of his story on a national hispanic news show. Jose's father was basically denied access to his son, so he never knew until he recognized his son on TV. Jose's mother kept telling the childs father he was ill and hospitalized and not allowed visitors.......

More about Jose Bernardo Martinez at this thread:

TX-Beloved Doe - Houston 2003 4-5 yr old - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It is really hard to tell from this guys pictures if he is hispanic or not. Not everyone who is hispanic looks hispanic. Especially if they are a caucasian mix. Do we know if this little guy is on local hispanic news stations? Maybe AMW? (IIRC, Jose was on AMW). Maybe the same national hispanic cable news station which aired Jose's story before he was id'd?

Just thinking of idea's. I don't speak spanish and am not local. Perhaps some locals might present these idea's to LE, or someone already in contact with LE make sure they are aware of what Houston did to ID Jose? Perhaps Austin Le might want to contact the detectives who handled Jose's case before his identification for some idea's and direction.

ETA: forgive me, this little guy is closer to Dallas than the Austin area correct?

My "bet" of where he was from, if not Texas, would be Oklahoma. I know we have taken this route when avoiding Dallas rush hour, and heading up to the I-40 in Oklahoma to take to Arkansas. Look at this map, I have the end point just over the border of Oklahoma. If they were from OK, and wanted him not to be found, perhaps they would avoid lake Texoma and the Red River because it's not far enough away. Maybe they even drove with the brush covering him in a pickup, so they could use an excuse if pulled over that they were going camping, and that was to be firewood? Just a thought. They certainly would want to stay off the main roads, IMO.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...-96.606375&sspn=1.057021,2.458191&ie=UTF8&z=9

I was thinking Texarkana, AR...just a 2 1/2 hr straight shot on I-30 but Oklahoma and La. are just as close so I think it's possible he could be from any one of these states.

Please note, I corrected my previous post regarding Jose Bernardo Martinez. His father was in Houston all along, but since he was only spanish speaking he did not see the english news stories about his son...... Definately something to consider.

I was thinking Texarkana, AR...just a 2 1/2 hr straight shot on I-30 but Oklahoma and La. are just as close so I think it's possible he could be from any one of these states.

I can't help but think it is someone that lived in the area at one time, whether growing up or at some point, to know that area enough. It is not a lake that draws alot of outsiders and there are better, bigger lakes in the same general area. Someone picked this location because they were familiar with the area, jmo. Most likely hasn't lived here for a while if they were taking care of this baby for 6 years. idk

I would think that CPS social workers in that region would have already been instructed to make eye to eye contact with the kids on their caseload...but around here that could literally take weeks.
I'm not at all comfortable with the artists rendering or the computer generated pictures...I've seen artist renderings and computer generations be way off more times than I've seen them be real close to what the person actually looked like. kwim

Searching Hispanic kiddo's in the CPS system

http://tare.dfps.state.tx.us/search/ChildDetail.jsp?TareId=49875

http://tare.dfps.state.tx.us/search/ChildDetail.jsp?TareId=45335

http://tare.dfps.state.tx.us/search/ChildDetail.jsp?TareId=53575

This little guy is from that region http://tare.dfps.state.tx.us/search/ChildDetail.jsp?TareId=52782

Also in the renderings and computer generated pics it looks to me like this child was starved to death, hair is very thin & spoltchy, teeth are rotten or did not develop properly and just the gaunt look in his little face...I think he was starved to death.

I would think that CPS social workers in that region would have already been instructed to make eye to eye contact with the kids on their caseload...but around here that could literally take weeks.
I'm not at all comfortable with the artists rendering or the computer generated pictures...I've seen artist renderings and computer generations be way off more times than I've seen them be real close to what the person actually looked like. kwim

They used a technique where they took pictures of the little boy's body, then enhanced them to make him look alive. They should be pretty accurate since he was only dead 24 hours, and no time for decomposition.

(Sorry to be graphic.)

wfaa channel 8 here still covering the story, say they have had some tips but nothing significant yet. This was on our 5pm news just now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back