GUILTY TX - Gerren Isgrigg, 6, disabled, left to die in Wylie park, 12 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
this really really upsets me & I don't get upset easily

I keep coming back hoping he's been identified

and hoping the who did this to him & abandoned him like trash has been arrested

and I'm just really getting angry the longer it takes (not at LE - just at the circumstances)

so sorry this happened to you little boy

I am putting this on the national circuit because no one locally has been able to identify him.

The child is estimated to be around 6 years old though he is only 39 inches tall and weighs about 28 pounds. His body was discovered by a lawn care worker across the street from a park on Thursday morning.

The child has signs of special needs and appears to have been fed through a feeding tube. Police estimate that he may have been at the location just outside Dallas for about 24 hours.

http://www.examiner.com/x-9912-StayatHome-Moms-Examiner~y2010m4d18-Unidentified-childs-body-found

Police Step Up Efforts To Identify Boy Found Dead Near Texas Lake
Efforts to identify a young boy whose body was found near a Texas lake have gone nationwide.

Wylie2++Computer+Composite.jpg

B
ecause of the size, authorities initially believed the boy was younger, but now they think he was around 6.

He was just 39 inches tall and weighed just 28 pounds.

Normal weight for a 6-year-old is about 60 pounds.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/91030504.html

Have they released anything about clothing yet? Or maybe a picture of the blanket that was used to cover him after the grounds keeper found him? I know that they can't say for sure that it is his, but maybe it would help narrow it down.

Have they released anything about clothing yet? Or maybe a picture of the blanket that was used to cover him after the grounds keeper found him? I know that they can't say for sure that it is his, but maybe it would help narrow it down.

jmo, by what has & hasn't been said, I think he was naked and wrapped in the baby blanket. The man thought he was a mannequin, he saw his bare legs & feet, and the fact that the police artist sketch had to create clothes.

fhc,

I agree 100%, they could release baby blanket photos or possibly more information about his medical history...

picture.php
picture.php

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpch.htm#

OK, I realize that they are saying they think this is a 5 or 6 year old that LOOKS more like a 3 year old because of size, etc.
But he has some similarities to this boy that was abducted by his non-custodial mother from Houston in Oct. 2009.
While the info we have would suggest this isn't Ethan, the mouth and eyes struck me as so similar to this poor little angel and I felt I needed to post this, just in case.

Zaha, thank you for posting those 2 pictures together. The resemblance is really remarkable. Some of us did send the info on him to Wylie Police Dept. But PDs don't usually respond or update us personally :(

http://cbs11tv.com/local/wylie.community.galvanized.2.1640755.html

Apr 18, 2010 6:12 pm US/Central Community Determined To Find Identity Of Dead Boy

WYLIE (CBS 11 / TXA 21) ― Wylie Police

The discovery of a dead 6-year-old at a Wylie lake has galvanized the community to help authorities discover his identity. The doe-eyed boy in the composite sketch authorities released Friday now lines storefront windows throughout the town

bump....i was hoping there'd be new info this morning.

Is anyone from the area where the boy was found? Does it seem odd that they would dump him at a campground? I have to think that it was not a loving parent...If it was, I would think that he would have been placed in a box with clothing, and a blanket ect. Kinda like the baby in the box in NM. Really makes me think that he died from either neglect or medical reasons, but was a foster child so the maternal bond wasn't there and so they just dumped him. Just my opinion FWIW.

After staring at the computer enhanced photo, I think that the ears are one of the only areas not "enhanced" at all. For comparisons, it is the ears that I would be looking closely at. JMO, I have no background besides having a photographer sister who photoshops everything, lol.

Is anyone from the area where the boy was found? Does it seem odd that they would dump him at a campground? I have to think that it was not a loving parent...If it was, I would think that he would have been placed in a box with clothing, and a blanket ect. Kinda like the baby in the box in NM. Really makes me think that he died from either neglect or medical reasons, but was a foster child so the maternal bond wasn't there and so they just dumped him. Just my opinion FWIW.

BBM. I spent the last 9 years in Wylie, and only moved about a year ago.
Wylie is really a quiet community. I always felt safe and happy living there, and still miss it. These things just DON'T happen there. (I know that sounds incredibly naive, especially for a WSer, but Wylie really does have old town charm and people generally respect each other). I actually still drive to the Walmart in Wylie often to avoid my local one, because Wylie citizens are just all around more respectful and friendly. My understanding is that it's one of the best school districts anywhere in the Metroplex, also.
Check out the crime statistics article below (you have to scroll down ALMOST half the page)

http://wylietoday.com/?cat=28
(Snip)“The City of Wylie continues to experience one of the lowest crime rates in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex”, says Wylie Police Chief John Duscio. “In 2006, Texas cities reported on average 4,599 Part One Crimes per 100,000 population compared to Wylie’s 2006 figure of 1,794 and 2007 number of 1,827. Citizens can be proud of the men and women who put their lives on the line everyday making Wylie a safe place to live.”

And here's some info and history on Wylie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wylie,_Texas

My "bet" of where he was from, if not Texas, would be Oklahoma. I know we have taken this route when avoiding Dallas rush hour, and heading up to the I-40 in Oklahoma to take to Arkansas. Look at this map, I have the end point just over the border of Oklahoma. If they were from OK, and wanted him not to be found, perhaps they would avoid lake Texoma and the Red River because it's not far enough away. Maybe they even drove with the brush covering him in a pickup, so they could use an excuse if pulled over that they were going camping, and that was to be firewood? Just a thought. They certainly would want to stay off the main roads, IMO.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...-96.606375&sspn=1.057021,2.458191&ie=UTF8&z=9

I agree, I think that's a high possibility.

ETA: If this little boy isn't identified soon, hopefully they can do that hair analysis on him to determine where he was from. I can't remember exactly how it works, but something to do with your hair can show that you lived in certain area's due to the water you drank etc. Although, that might not work if he was only fed through the feeding tube and did not ever drink any local water or anything.

Do we have any locals posting from OK who are near a high risk or Children's hospital???

Well I live in the metroplex, but wylie is far from me. It's a small city, but more like a suburb of Dallas. Wylie use to be a small one horse town, but it's like most cities now. Kinda like rowlett or rockwall? Which is near by. There are lakes and fields and the like, but IMO for him to be dumped there I reaally think it's someone travelling down the highway like others have stated. Wylie isn't that large. I just hope someone knows something.

I have had no luck either. This little boy really tugs at my heartstrings, and I just think he is so precious.

I want to know who he is and WHY someone just placed him in a bush like throwing out trash.

At least he will never know pain again. As one of the true innocents - all children are - he is in Heaven with so many other precious children we come to love here at WS.

I wish we knew for sure whether he was clothed or not. Maybe the baby blanket has a hair or some foreign DNA on it. I can only hope because I want the caught that just abandoned this little boy. Someone stated that the parents may not could have afforded a funeral. No, that is not the case. I do not believe that there is one single community in this country that would not have pitched in to give this little special needs guy a proper, decent funeral. Many funeral homes will even donate services for children.

He deserves a headstone with his name on it. GB this little guy and the community of Wylie that wants to help find who he is. And on WS as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back