GUILTY TX - Gerren Isgrigg, 6, disabled, left to die in Wylie park, 12 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Childs-body-found-in-Wylie-park-90952814.html

Updated at 6:45pm

On Thursday evening, Wylie police could only say that the body appeared to be a three-year-old white boy. His identity remained a mystery and no cause of death released.

The maintenance worker who found the child said he was told by police not to discuss the case.

News 8 has learned that police contacted local child care centers during the day to inquire about any children who might be unaccounted for.

The results of an autopsy conducted Thursday afternoon have not been made public.

glad it wasnt gabe but sad that it might have been a special needs kid ;(

horrible, particuarly in light of nadia's rescue....

Oh, man! I just heard about this on the nine o'clock news. That poor child was found ten minutes from my house.

I can't get this precious little one off my mind. That nobody reported him missing. Does no one who knew him care about him enough to miss him? It's so terribly sad.

I wonder if he was placed there overnight; there are no missing child alerts in my area and being a CERT member, I would have heard about it for sure. So sad . . .

the fact no one has filed a missing child report says most likely that the parent(s) is respoonsible for his death.

either that or there to apathetic/drunk/high/ to care where he is :(

Or, they hired respite care while they took a much needed vacation. This is probably the least likely, but I thought about it.
Maybe it's an abusive spouse, and the other parent is afraid to come forward?

or this child was placed in foster care and CPS hasn't checked on him?

still nothing on this?......this is horrible.

Boy found dead by Lavon Lake may have had special needs

10:43 PM CDT on Thursday, April 15, 2010
By VALERIE WIGGLESWORTH/ The Dallas Morning News
vwigglesworth@dallasnews.com

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon.../stories/041510dnmetwyliechild.24dbcbe3f.html
*more at link*

Police released a few details Thursday afternoon, saying the child was white, male and about 3 years old or older.

They said he had not been identified and autopsy results were pending.

Workers at several Wylie preschools and day-care centers reported being visited by police Thursday about a possible missing child. They said officers were asking about a boy between the ages of 3 and 5, possibly with special needs, who may have dropped out or been absent in recent weeks.

"They didn't give us any information," said Robyn Johnson, who owns Summit Private School.

Perepiczka said no missing-child reports had been filed that could be associated with the discovery.

the fact no one has filed a missing child report says most likely that the parent(s) is respoonsible for his death.

either that or there to apathetic/drunk/high/ to care where he is :(

That does seem very likely, kbl. I thought of a few other possibilities:

Maybe the person who killed the child has also kidnapped or killed the mother.

There are many parents serving overseas. If this is a child who was left with a relative, maybe the parent is unaware the child is missing. Unfortunately, some parents even leave their child with a boyfriend or girlfriend when they have to ship out.

He could also be a foster child...we've seen stories of caseworkers so overworked that some kids aren't properly monitored.

Parents who are having inpatient rehab have to leave their child with someone for a month or more.

Strange - the article said parents should be concerned, but didn't really elaborate on why. Am I missing something?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back