GUILTY TX - Gerren Isgrigg, 6, disabled, left to die in Wylie park, 12 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
no obvious signs of trauma, believe the little boy's body had been there for about 24 hours

per WFAA news broadcast

This case is just heartbreaking. It reminds me so much of the Boy in the Box from back in the '50s. The renditions seem so similar.

the feeeding tube might give other reasons why they wont come forward other then flat out murder.......negligence, or percieved negligence cause of his weight.

Very true! But why then, have police told parents in the area to be concerned? If it was someone who hurt or neglected their own child or a child they should have been caring for, why would other children be in danger?

Sorry, if this question has already been answered, but are authorities still saying that parents in the area need to worry?

Also, the first thing that I thought of was cerebal palsy. Not sure why. Could the parents have not wanted to report that he was deceased because they wanted to still receive any SSI payments? But then why leave him in such an obvious place. Just so many things running through my mind.

I think they are saying parents in the area should be concerned because they have no idea who/where his family is, or what has happened. Maybe a violent person in the area, anyone's guess at this point? Until they know it was a parent and there is no threat to the public from that person, I think they have an obligation to tell us to be concerned?

My thought on his small size after seeing that photo and hearing of the significant medical needs, was that his size was primarily a result of his condition(s) rather than neglect....but I guess we won't know that for a while. Looks like he may have fetal alcohol syndrome to me, or a chromosomal abnormality. If FAS, I wonder if her was even with his parent's, or a foster?

Hopefully, a healthcare provider will recognize him. Someone had to write prescriptions for his feedings through the tube, someone had to place that tube medically, and likely a home care nurse took care of him at some point, a social worker probably worked with them to arrange community assistance of any sort, and a homecare provider too if only to show the family how to use his equipment. MHO.

personally i have no idea why they made that comment. it migh set off a panic.......

reminds me of when samanth runyion in california was kidnapped and murdered, her body left naked on the side of the road so she would be found, and the sherrif said something like 'we know he'll do this again.'

Sorry, if this question has already been answered, but are authorities still saying that parents in the area need to worry?

Also, the first thing that I thought of was cerebal palsy. Not sure why. Could the parents have not wanted to report that he was deceased because they wanted to still receive any SSI payments? But then why leave him in such an obvious place. Just so many things running through my mind.

jmo, that comment was maybe taken out of context, because it wasn't broadcast on local news reports at noon. It sounded more about parents being concerned for your children and others. idk

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6961725.html

WYLIE, Texas — Wylie police are trying to identify the body of a preschool-age boy found in a grassy area near Lavon Lake.
A worker mowing around a pond discovered the body. Autopsy results were pending Friday.

Detective Venece Perepiczka (vuh-NEES' per-PETCH'-kuh) says no missing child reports match information about the youngster. Investigators believe the boy, likely between the ages of 3 and 5, might have been a special needs child.

Perepiczka says the property where the body was found Thursday is owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Wylie is about 20 miles northeast of Dallas.

jmo, that comment was maybe taken out of context, because it wasn't broadcast on local news reports at noon. It sounded more about parents being concerned for your children and others. idk

I agree, I didn't hear them reiterate anything like that on the 12pm news.

I've lived in North Texas for about 10 years and spent most of those years in Wylie. I only moved about a year ago.
I just wanted to give a little bit of input here. Wylie has grown much larger over the years, but it is still a somewhat out of the way town. There is not much out there in the way of shopping or restaurants, etc. What is there has mostly been built in the last few years. There is also not a lot of random traffic in the area. If you are in the area of Lake Lavon, you either live in Wylie, Lucas, Parker, St. Paul or Farmersville (all relatively small, residential towns surrounding Lake Lavon) or you simply travel through to get to another small town like Bonham, etc. Or you are there specifically to visit Lake Lavon.
Highway 78 cuts across sections of Lake Lavon, but is mostly only residential traffic in that area, or people coming to visit the lake.
I'd be willing to bet that this little boy is either from one of the towns/cities I mentioned, or that he passed away while his family/caretaker/whoever was visiting the lake.
There's also possibilities of him being from Murphy, which is a very small residential town/city just West of Wylie when travelling down FM 544. FM544, Hwy 78, or Parker Rd, are really the only ways to get into the Wylie area. Further East of Murphy, you reach Plano. South of Murphy, you reach Richardson. And then further south, you get into the Dallas area.
Wylie and Lake Lavon are about 45 minutes car travel time from Downtown Dallas.

Edited to add: ALL cities/towns have their crime. But Wylie always felt very safe and homely to me. I LOVED living there and still miss it. However, I did do an SO search once and there is a pretty high concentration of SO's in Wylie.
Zipcode is 75098 for anyone wanting to search that.

ETA: Other (somewhat) close by cities are: Rowlett, Sachse, Garland, Frisco, Greenville, Allen, McKinney, Anna, Van Alystyne. Feel free to add to that list locals.

I've lived in North Texas for about 10 years and spent most of those years in Wylie. I only moved about a year ago.
I just wanted to give a little bit of input here. Wylie has grown much larger over the years, but it is still a somewhat out of the way town. There is not much out there in the way of shopping or restaurants, etc. What is there has mostly been built in the last few years. There is also not a lot of random traffic in the area. If you are in the area of Lake Lavon, you either live in Wylie, Lucas, Parker, or Farmersville (all relatively small, residential towns surrounding Lake Lavon) or you simply travel through to get to another small town like Bonham, etc. Or you are there specifically to visit Lake Lavon.
Highway 78 cuts across sections of Lake Lavon, but is mostly only residential traffic in that area, or people coming to visit the lake.
I'd be willing to bet that this little boy is either from one of the towns/cities I mentioned, or that he passed away while his family/caretaker/whoever was visiting the lake.
There's also possibilities of him being from Murphy, which is a very small residential town/city just West of Wylie when travelling down FM 544. FM544, Hwy 78, or Parker Rd, are really the only ways to get into the Wylie area. Further East of Murphy, you reach Plano. South of Murphy, you reach Richardson. And then further south, you get into the Dallas area.
Wylie and Lake Lavon are about 45 minutes car travel time from Downtown Dallas.

Edited to add: ALL cities/towns have their crime. But Wylie always felt very safe and homely to me. I LOVED living there and still miss it. However, I did do an SO search once and there is a pretty high concentration of SO's in Wylie.
Zipcode is 75098 for anyone wanting to search that.

I was thinking of doing the SO search there. Aweful.

This feels to me like another case of a parent fed up/frustrated with the rigors of caring for a special needs child.

Hopefully a grandparent or other family member will notice this little boy's disappearance and alert the authorities.

even if it's not murder you still dont disgard him like trash :(

--------------------------
yes!! it sounds like it might be C.P..My nephew passed from that years ago.28 lbs.at 7years old.Dale had loving care.xoxo for this little guy.God has him now, he is safe.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpch.htm#

OK, I realize that they are saying they think this is a 5 or 6 year old that LOOKS more like a 3 year old because of size, etc.
But he has some similarities to this boy that was abducted by his non-custodial mother from Houston in Oct. 2009.
While the info we have would suggest this isn't Ethan, the mouth and eyes struck me as so similar to this poor little angel and I felt I needed to post this, just in case.

OK, I realize that they are saying they think this is a 5 or 6 year old that LOOKS more like a 3 year old because of size, etc.
But he has some similarities to this boy that was abducted by his non-custodial mother from Houston in Oct. 2009.
While the info we have would suggest this isn't Ethan, the mouth and eyes struck me as so similar to this poor little angel and I felt I needed to post this, just in case.

The sketch did look like Ethan. On the missing report for Ethan it doesn't say anything about a feeding tube though.

The sketch did look like Ethan. On the missing report for Ethan it doesn't say anything about a feeding tube though.

Yes, and Ethan weighed 36 lbs when he was taken a year and a half ago.
I'm just thinking that it's possible something could have happened to him in the meantime that would have caused him to need a feeding tube and lose so much weight.
As I said, the info we have about this child Doe doesn't seem to match with Ethan, but I felt compelled to post it anyway. The similarities in the mouth is what struck me first, but the eyes seem quite similar too.

He does look similar! I would call it in, just to be safe. What's that woman's age, his mother? I found a couple of people in Richardson with her name.

ETA: She's 37

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back