GUILTY TX - Gerren Isgrigg, 6, disabled, left to die in Wylie park, 12 April 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't really get it. I'm 31. :) But I know *some* women my age call each other *advertiser censored*, w***e, things like that. So I'm thinking it's similar slang.

I too hope never to meet her. I thought the comments from friends were odd.

Only one photo of her baby. Sheesh-you should see my FB page-it's mostly my babies!

And a picture of him where you can't even see his face, no less.
I know, my friends get mad at me cause I don't post pics of myself, just my son. LOL.

ETA: Also, I find it odd that while it's being reported that dad is making plans to get to Texas, we are hearing nothing from/about mom except that she told authorities Gerren was in her parent's care. Maybe she should get on one of those horses and come act like she cares about her own flesh and blood, JMO.

ETA: If you have a MS and you actually login, there is another picture of the baby too that shows his face. Can't tell if it's Gerren. He's asleep.

She pulled his feeding tube before leaving him at the park but didn't think he'd come to harm?!

This was a malicious act all the way. As his caretaker she'd surely changed his feeding tube many times before, so she KNEW:

* that once she pulled the tube, a new one had to be put in within a few hours at most or the hole in his stomach would close up and have to be replaced by surgery.

* that when she pulled the tube, any food still in his stomach would flow right out.

* that the open hole would be prone to infection. The skin around it has to be cleaned often.

* that even if he was rescued in time, by the time he made it to a hospital and had his rare conditions diagnosed, the tube site would very likely be beyond salvage and he'd need painful surgery to have another tube put in.

* that by pulling his tube, she was removing his only way of getting nutrition and hydration. It doesn't sound like he was able to take much, if any, food by mouth.

* that he could succumb to seizures or choking/aspiration in addition to exposure.

She may have initially agreed to take care of him thinking he would not live beyond the maximum four-year life expectancy that he was given at birth, and the caretaking job became too much, but she knew he hadn't been found for three days and did nothing during that time.

Thanks. Now I am going to sound like an 'old lady'. It took me a long time to undestand what "hollah at you" meant. Is the Hooker word kind of like a blonde person making fun of themselve being a blonde, or a black person calling themself the N word?

I've never heard of the "H" phrase before....

just trying to understand.

Yes, hooker in that sense is meant in a jokingly manner. Hooker, hoochie, playa...all of these are just terms that some people refer to each other as in a friendly, joking manner. Aren't you glad you don't have friends that refer to you as hooker or hoochie? ;)

And a picture of him where you can't even see his face, no less.
I know, my friends get mad at me cause I don't post pics of myself, just my son. LOL.

ETA: Also, I find it odd that while it's being reported that dad is making plans to get to Texas, we are hearing nothing from/about mom except that she told authorities Gerren was in her parent's care. Maybe she should get on one of those horses and come act like she cares about her own flesh and blood, JMO.

ETA: If you have a MS and you actually login, there is another picture of the baby too that shows his face. Can't tell if it's Gerren. He's asleep.

I don't expect her to make a statement before she has lawyered up. She's in as knee deep as her folks are since she abandoned this child and there is not a t'ing (my north side blue collar accent) to indicate any transfer of legal guardianship via the courts.

JMO :angel:

She pulled his feeding tube before leaving him at the park but didn't think he'd come to harm?!

This was a malicious act all the way. As his caretaker she'd surely changed his feeding tube many times before, so she KNEW:

* that once she pulled the tube, a new one had to be put in within a few hours at most or the hole in his stomach would close up and have to be replaced by surgery.

* that when she pulled the tube, any food still in his stomach would flow right out.

* that the open hole would be prone to infection. The skin around it has to be cleaned often.

* that even if he was rescued in time, by the time he made it to a hospital and had his rare conditions diagnosed, the tube site would very likely be beyond salvage and he'd need painful surgery to have another tube put in.

* that by pulling his tube, she was removing his only way of getting nutrition and hydration. It doesn't sound like he was able to take much, if any, food by mouth.

* that he could succumb to seizures or choking/aspiration in addition to exposure.

She may have initially agreed to take care of him thinking he would not live beyond the maximum four-year life expectancy that he was given at birth, and the caretaking job became too much, but she knew he hadn't been found for three days and did nothing during that time.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-be...d-And-Angry-Over-Sons-Treatment-92064689.html
On the news just now, they said the grandmother's affidavit stated she left a note explaining his condition, and that she could no longer care for him, in the hopes someone would find him....umm....maybe, when the cows came home this wold have been believable....BUT, why then was it necessary to pull his feeding tube?!?!?!?! My gosh, this woman is disgusting! She may well have left him there to die, or did it at her home and concocted this stupid excuse. If she no longer wanted to care for him, but "loved" him as the family has said, then she would have left him somewhere where he would have been found right away, with his feeding tube and his food/medicine/explanation of his illness in a backpack or something like that. Her story is bull. :furious:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-be...d-And-Angry-Over-Sons-Treatment-92064689.html
On the news just now, they said the grandmother's affidavit stated she left a note explaining his condition, and that she could no longer care for him, in the hopes someone would find him....umm....maybe, when the cows came home this wold have been believable....BUT, why then was it necessary to pull his feeding tube?!?!?!?! My gosh, this woman is disgusting! She may well have left him there to die, or did it at her home and concocted this stupid excuse. If she no longer wanted to care for him, but "loved" him as the family has said, then she would have left him somewhere where he would have been found right away, with his feeding tube and his food/medicine/explanation of his illness in a backpack or something like that. Her story is bull. :furious:

and that is exactly why she is charged with MURDER, nothing less

ITA. Considering that police have stated they believe he died within 24 hours of being found, and Gma left him there on the 12th, and Gma is facing murder charges rather than dumping or mistreating a body, it seems pretty clear that she left him there to die. There are a LOT of places between Garland and Wylie that she could have left him if she wanted him to be found.

For anyone interested, one of the posters on one of the FB groups has asked people to light candle's tonight for Gerren at 8 PM CST. I will be lighting one for him.
I also see that there is a new group trying to get a live memorial going for the spot he was found. Since it is federal land, it has to be a LIVE plant or tree, and has to be native.

I found this interesting from a comment on the Dallas Morning News site:

"Very sad. This child probably died of dehydration. I ride that route several times a week on my bike and rode past while he was there. It is too far off the road to hear a baby crying and not part of the main park. It is the worst place to leave someone hoping he will be found. This woman is pathetic."

So where he was is far from the road. Too far to see him, too far to even hear him cry. My experience with the area is overgrown and isolated as well.

This is SO sad. If I was that person I would rack my brain wondering if I had missed something important. :(

I found this interesting from a comment on the Dallas Morning News site:

"Very sad. This child probably died of dehydration. I ride that route several times a week on my bike and rode past while he was there. It is too far off the road to hear a baby crying and not part of the main park. It is the worst place to leave someone hoping he will be found. This woman is pathetic."

So where he was is far from the road. Too far to see him, too far to even hear him cry. My experience with the area is overgrown and isolated as well.

This is SO sad. If I was that person I would rack my brain wondering if I had missed something important. :(

In the affidavit it said Gerren couldn't make any sounds, so crying out for help wasn't an option either. :(

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Wylies-Angel-Left-in-Park-Alive-Affidavit-92126644.html
Phillips admitted to removing the child's feeding tube prior to leaving him at the park. Phillips said that she felt like she was being punished by her daughter, Nyki Phillips, by having to care for her child, according to the affidavit.

According to the affidavit, Darlene Phillips was charged with murder for "intentionally leaving the child in a place where the child was unlikely to be located and, due to his age, physical disabilities, removal of feeding tube and medical supplies needed to maintain the child's health and his inability to make noise, he was unable to care for himself and died."

BBM...that doesn't sound like a loving and caring grandmother, feeling "punished" by caring for her grandson?!

I wish I could find the video from this afternoon...I'm unsure who they interviewed, but he said something like 'you all need to understand that he was basically a vegetable before this.' Does anyone have that video? I don't know who it was who said that, and I don't want to comment further until I find it and review it again. TIA.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/Wylies-Angel-Abandoned-Three-Days-Prior-to-Discovery-92112514.html
An arrest warrant affidavit released Monday revealed that six-year-old Garren Isgrigg was abandoned three days before his body was found in a park near Lavon Lake.

According to the affidavit, Isgrigg's grandmother, 63-year-old Darlene Philips, said she left the boy with a note stating, "I'm 6, I have seizures, I need medication and a feeding tube [sic]." Investigators never found that note.

I have a preemie in thr hospital right now. I just can't even put it into words how I feel. This boy was failed by everyone!!! Everyone!!! There is no reason why gma couldn't just call social services or some organization for help. Did she even call her daughter!??

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Wylies-Angel-Left-in-Park-Alive-Affidavit-92126644.html

BBM...that doesn't sound like a loving and caring grandmother, feeling "punished" by caring for her grandson?!

I wish I could find the video from this afternoon...I'm unsure who they interviewed, but he said something like 'you all need to understand that he was basically a vegetable before this.' Does anyone have that video? I don't know who it was who said that, and I don't want to comment further until I find it and review it again. TIA.

Phillips and his son claim that Darlene Phillips told them that when she left Gerren in the park he was still alive. Phillips said his wife loved the child and provided 24-hour care.

"She left him some place where he would be found," the son said. "She fed him and everything. The kid was a complete vegetable the whole time before this. It's not like it's being portrayed."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/Father-of-Wylies-Angel-says-hes-devastated-92058664.html

The comment above is in the article and video. I listened to it again and found this statement by a reporter. " The child that found so much support in death, apparently left this world alone" Now I am crying. Gerren, I am so sad this happened to you.

For anyone interested, one of the posters on one of the FB groups has asked people to light candle's tonight for Gerren at 8 PM CST. I will be lighting one for him.
I also see that there is a new group trying to get a live memorial going for the spot he was found. Since it is federal land, it has to be a LIVE plant or tree, and has to be native.

I've got my candle and candlelighter ready for 8pm central for Gerren

Quote: Phillips and his son claim ...ww.wfaa.com/news/Father-of-W...-92058664.html

The comment above is in the article and video. I listened to it again and found this statement by a reporter. " The child that found so much support in death, apparently left this world alone" Now I am crying. Gerren, I am so sad this happened to you.

That is what I thought he was saying, and didn't want to comment before I made sure. Thank you for finding that. This guy is justifying leaving a child in the elements to die because he was unable to see, hear, communicate or move? Is he a doctor then, and could say this child had no brain activity? And even if he didn't, is this in some way an acceptable way of dealing with such a child. This man is as sickening as the grandmother.

I am so sorry Gerrin...so sorry that everyone failed you. I know you are in a better place, and I hope you were not scared out there, or in pain. :frown:

That is what I thought he was saying, and didn't want to comment before I made sure. Thank you for finding that. This guy is justifying leaving a child in the elements to die because he was unable to see, hear, communicate or move? Is he a doctor then, and could say this child had no brain activity? And even if he didn't, is this in some way an acceptable way of dealing with such a child. This man is as sickening as the grandmother.

I am so sorry Gerrin...so sorry that everyone failed you. I know you are in a better place, and I hope you were not scared out there, or in pain. :frown:

That was the stepson of Darlene that made the heartless comment, not grandpa. FWIW

Gerren had the mentality of a 2 month of baby according to the affidavit. He wasn't without feelings, thoughts, urges to eat or comprehending discomfort.

What an ignorant statement the uncle made. Shame on him and his sister (mother of Gerren).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyygail
Back