GUILTY TX - Grace Lillian Ford, 2, murdered in Plano, 9 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What an absolutely beautiful child, and how heartbreaking.
The bio Dad called for a welfare check for a reason.
LE isn't alerting those in the surrounding area, because I'm sure they know who did this.
Hopefully an arrest is forthcoming in short order.

It is also my opinion only, that if a parent fails to act and protect their child, they should receive the same penalty as the individual inflicting the harm.

Is it possible there was more than one person home when Grace was killed, and they don't know who was the one who did it? I am glad they are working hard on the case, but it does worry me that Grace was found dead in her home, and they still haven't arrested someone. I really hope they don't get off.

I also think that if Emily is arrested, whether it's for the killing or some sort of cover-up, she will still have plenty of supporters. Even with the CPS cases, it's very difficult for people to think that someone who looks like that, who has those types of loving pictures, could kill her adorable daughter.

News Story with a bit more detail. 4 CPS cases? I think we know why there was a request to seal the court records in the ongoing custody dispute.
The police have never said that they have ruled anyone out as a suspect and there are multiple factions having fundraisers and collecting donations. Chilling to think that people may be unwittingly donating money to someone who may have had something to do with this little girls death.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/01/22/police-say-plano-toddler-was-suffocated-cause-of-death-homicide/

BBM... I sooo agree!

[modsnip]

BBM... I sooo agree!

[modsnip]

Um, is the money going to a charity? Why is a fundraiser being scheduled over a month in advance? I am skeptical they are still paying off the funeral costs. Are they confident family member(s) will not be arrested by then? The sad thing is, it's not like the case is that publicized, so I could see a lot of people easily donating money because they don't know anything about it besides a cute 2-year-old girl was murdered.

Two prior reports of abuse against Grace.

By whom?

What an absolutely beautiful child, and how heartbreaking.
The bio Dad called for a welfare check for a reason.
LE isn't alerting those in the surrounding area, because I'm sure they know who did this.
Hopefully an arrest is forthcoming in short order.

It is also my opinion only, that if a parent fails to act and protect their child, they should receive the same penalty as the individual inflicting the harm.

Bravo! Agreed. Also, I'm wondering if step-dad is the "babysitter" who was "attacked."

Is it possible there was more than one person home when Grace was killed, and they don't know who was the one who did it? I am glad they are working hard on the case, but it does worry me that Grace was found dead in her home, and they still haven't arrested someone. I really hope they don't get off.

I also think that if Emily is arrested, whether it's for the killing or some sort of cover-up, she will still have plenty of supporters. Even with the CPS cases, it's very difficult for people to think that someone who looks like that, who has those types of loving pictures, could kill her adorable daughter.

Don't scare me. We all know what happened with Juliette Guerts.

Double check the article from tonight, but it says something like "four reports, two of which were for physical abuse. Three of the four involved a relative". (I'm really paraphrasing here so I urge everyone to check out the article, don't have link handy, about a page back.)

I am confused the obit says the father is from Allen and I thought the apartment was in Plano

The father lives in Allen. The mom and stepdad live in Plano in the apartment.

Word around here says the babysitter was a reliable person who was beaten severely and is still hospitalized.

[modsnip]

The longer LE waits to release information the more accusations are flying and people are worried about someone being on the loose.

[modsnip]

The father lives in Allen. The mom and stepdad live in Plano in the apartment.

[modsnip]

The longer LE waits to release information the more accusations are flying and people are worried about someone being on the loose.

[modsnip]

I think there's no way there was a babysitter who is hospitalized. That would be front page news. The family of the babysitter would be screaming for justice. It would be leaked to the news by a hospital worker or friend of the beaten sitter. The police, I think, would lose all credibility with the public if they held back this fact no matter the reason.

I've never known LE to hide something like that. [modsnip]. Thank you so much for sharing this info. Bizarre case.

I do not think LE uses the words "welfare check" for someone who finds someone severely injured and calls 911. It definitely sounds to me like Grace's father called 911, and then police went to the Plano apartment, where they found her unconscious. If Grace was found dead in her mother's apartment, why did her father call 911? What reason did he have for LE to perform a welfare check? Why couldn't he call Grace's mother or stepfather to ask why no one was answering the phone/the door at their place? Very confused...

I wonder if Grace's dad was the person who initiated the prior CPS reports, and was concerned enough to keep a very close eye on things. Maybe he couldn't make contact that day and had prior reason to be concerned enough to call for a welfare check. Do we know when Grace was last seen by anyone outside her immediate household?

"Police said they got a welfare concern call from the girl's father on Jan. 9 about 1:40 p.m. from his apartment in the 1500 block of J Place."

Note the other articles talk about the Stepfather and mother etc... This statement said "Father" which to me implies perhaps her biological father lived nearby and called for the welfare check? Only specifies the "block" the father called from so it is possible.

I always have to restrain myself from jumping to conclusions about the parents based on how they behave after their child has died. I am still holding out hope that whoever did this to Gracie was not someone she loved and trusted.

I wish LE would release some info.

She actually had the tattoo done right after the funeral! I think the tattoo saying "this too shall pass" is ridiculous, I don't think the pain would ever pass if I was to loose my child. And a tattoo would be the last thing on my mind after my childs funeral!

Not as brazen but somewhat similar to "Bella Vita."

They sound like a dysfunctional mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

There is no approved facebook for this case. If you think there is one that qualifies, pm the link to me and I will take a look.

Our rules are that we evaluate a case based on MSM and LE reports. We do not discuss comments under MSM articles or social media - those are all rumors that cannot be verified.

If you have questions, pm a mod and we will help.

Salem

I have a question. Why were ALL the records sealed? I don't quite understand that. Just wondering...

I thought this was a copy cat murder of the Casey Anthony case myself. It has too many similarities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back