GUILTY TX - Grace Lillian Ford, 2, murdered in Plano, 9 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Two familiar sayings:

A picture is worth a thousand words, and

Pictures can be deceiving.

We've seen several photos of Grace with others over the past few weeks and some new ones tonight. I hate to think that most of them were photo-ops... someone trying to prove something. The child was so innocent :(

Muniz was found on the floor of another room with her mouth taped shut and her pants pulled down.
The affidavit states that Muniz told police she had been sexually assaulted by an unknown male. Medical tests failed to corroborate that claim.
The affidavit states that Muniz and Grace's father were in the process of breaking up. It also uncovered evidence that Muniz had purchased duct tape at a nearby store on the day police were called to her apartment.
Muniz was being held at the Plano City Jail on $1 million bond.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Plano-woman-charged-with-toddlers-murder-242498911.html

Just...wow. Was this whole thing a sociopathic ploy for attention and the poor baby was collateral damage? The child was alive when police came.

She could have stopped this in time to preserve this baby's life!!!!!!

It will be interesting to hear if poor Gracie had any injuries besides being suffocated.

Just can't wrap my head around the idea that this sick woman had the power to end this at any time and just kept up the charade while this poor child struggled for breath.

Lord Jesus I pray for healing for this family.

Per EW, apparently the fiancé had been caught cheating, the engagement was being broken off, and she did this to get back at him.

Muniz was found on the floor of another room with her mouth taped shut and her pants pulled down.
The affidavit states that Muniz told police she had been sexually assaulted by an unknown male. Medical tests failed to corroborate that claim.
The affidavit states that Muniz and Grace's father were in the process of breaking up. It also uncovered evidence that Muniz had purchased duct tape at a nearby store on the day police were called to her apartment.
Muniz was being held at the Plano City Jail on $1 million bond.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Plano-woman-charged-with-toddlers-murder242498911.html

So it was planned. Wow. I don't understand.

The photos of Grace... so sweet, so smiling... soooo damn heartbreaking!!!!!!

the rollers in her hair, the high heels, the pedicure, and... singing

I can't stand it :(

It baffles me. Anyone posting so many adorable photos and videos of a child makes it seem they love the child. So hard to understand!

I'm really not worried about her getting off. She confessed. Grace was found dead in the home. She was the only other person home at the time. She bought the tape the same day. They have all the evidence from Grace's body because she wasn't out in the elements. Lastly, Anthony is an exception, and most people who kill children do not acquitted. There's more innocent people being convicted, actually.

Well, this is why I asked if we know what her confession entailed...I can't find anything about it in MSM.

Edit: actually, I also missed the part about the duct tape, can someone link me that one? I agree if that's the case (bought tape same day) she's unlikely to claim it was an accident.

Just...wow. Was this whole thing a sociopathic ploy for attention and the poor baby was collateral damage? The child was alive when police came.

She could have stopped this in time to preserve this baby's life!!!!!!

It will be interesting to hear if poor Gracie had any injuries besides being suffocated.

Just can't wrap my head around the idea that this sick woman had the power to end this at any time and just kept up the charade while this poor hold struggled for breath.

Lord Jesus I pray for healing for this family.

one article I read said that she had homicidal violence including suffocation.

People are making comments on the Instagram page.....

Plano was discussed early on in the thread as a place that people wouldn't want to live due to the lack of interest in the case and the number of sexual predators that popped up on the map around the apartment where Grace was found.

Plano and the suburban areas are generally very safe with a low violent crime record. That area of town is a bit less upscale than the other side of town, but "less upscale" around here just means over 10 years old. Seriously. This suburb and others around it exploded in a few short years.

The real Plano, around here, is stereotyped as a place to raise rich, spoiled kids....mean girls and bully football players. Yes, it's a stereotype, and it doesn't describe everyone. But looking at what you can see of this girl, she obviously wasn't low-maintenance. You can probably assume that looking at some other players in this story as well, but I won't go there.

Just a side note that if someone in your family does something like this, it would behoove the others in the family to make private their social networking accounts. Unfortunately people look at the whole picture, and this is not a nice one to look at either.

someone posted on Instagram....... you did it because your jealous of a 2 year old, she's way prettier than u.

I am wondering if she staged the whole thing to make it look like an intruder to gain sympathy from the dad so he would not break up with her and she went to far.

I am not defending her in any way I am just trying to reason out what happened and regardless of what the motive or reasoning is she is a pretty sick puppy

One other thing I will say about crime around here. While some things do take awhile to solve, most violent crime that has occurred since I have lived here has been solved, and things have been very quiet. I guess I shouldn't have doubted so much, but when authorities and media are so hush hush and family members are seemingly leaking information and basking in the attention, it makes one wonder and worry.

Kudos to them for playing their cards right. I won't question silence again when they say, "We've got this!" But I also give kudos to those of you on here who thought through the scenarios and came up with possibilities. Several people suspected this, and they were right.

In my lurkdom the past day, I did contact a lot of media. One said that things were going on, and that police had asked them to step back and let them do their job without interference and that they would have a story soon. I guess they were right.

I am wondering if she staged the whole thing to make it look like an intruder to gain sympathy from the dad so he would not break up with her and she went to far.

I am not defending her in any way I am just trying to reason out what happened and regardless of what the motive or reasoning is she is a pretty sick puppy

This is what came to my mind too.

I didn't mean to push anyone's CA buttons, sorry (I didn't follow that case/wasn't here for it). Was just wondering if possibly it was criminal stupidity and then a really dumb cover-up. (I went out of my way to state I am not defending her the first time, but I'll say it again just in case. NOT DEFENDING. Not even a little bit.)

If nothing else it may be worth discussing this aspect, because she may try to use it as a defense. Do we have any MSM confirmation of the details of her confession? I looked at a few links but I think so far it's mostly coming from SM.

It's clear you weren't defending her. Not even close. Just trying to figure out why.

Here's the MSM article about buying the duct tape. It's been quoted here a few times! http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Plano-woman-charged-with-toddlers-murder-242498911.html

I didn't mean to push anyone's CA buttons, sorry (I didn't follow that case/wasn't here for it). Was just wondering if possibly it was criminal stupidity and then a really dumb cover-up. (I went out of my way to state I am not defending her the first time, but I'll say it again just in case. NOT DEFENDING. Not even a little bit.)

If nothing else it may be worth discussing this aspect, because she may try to use it as a defense. Do we have any MSM confirmation of the details of her confession? I looked at a few links but I think so far it's mostly coming from SM.

Oh no dear friend, I assure you no one thinks that about you :hug:

So she killed grace in order to get back at the father...........

unfortunately, this happens way too much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back