TX TX - Gregory Wedel-Morales, Army soldier, 23, found deceased, Fort Hood, 19 August 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A body found after a tip leads me to believe homicide vs. suicide. Who would have (and then more importantly, sit on) information regarding the location of someone who committed suicide for a period of 10 months? It seems more likely that someone involved (either directly, indirectly or "just" having the knowledge about what happened) would be more likely to sit on that info for such a long period of time.

Where is the vehicle?
It seems with most cases I've followed here that ended up being suicide, the vehicles either were never missing or were found before the person was located. In this case, it seems the vehicle has not been located, which seems suspicious.... to me at least. I dont know that I've ever followed a suicide case here where the persons vehicle was never recovered.

His wife previously posted here. Her profile says she is verified family. So, she went to the trouble of being verified but never posted about Greg again. Wish we had more details about what was going on with Gregory just before his disappearance.

The article quoted the mother as saying he had called her for gas money. How did he have the money to have JUST purchased a new car but did not have enough money to put gas in his tank? What were his finances like? Where was his money going? Were there any new expenses that were out of the ordinary for him?
This story says they found the car. His mother saw it on carfax. Remains of missing Fort Hood soldier Gregory Wedel-Morales found in Killeen, foul play suspected

Found by an anonymous tip? Did someone need the body found for some purpose?
Probably a stupid question but can an anonymous tip about location of a body truly be anonymous? Seriously? Either that person knows the murderer or they are the murderer IMO. I have family on that base, all these deaths and disappearances are insane.

I'd say with the news continuing into today, your question is answered. All the things that weren't here before, that are apparent now, should send this investigation into overdrive.
Being declared a deserter, he loses all benefits (I'm fairly certain). The military funeral, included. The life insurance.
What I hope they find out is who killed Gregory?

Thank you. I only have vague memories of life insurance. Do you know how it works? Is it as long as the service member is active duty? In that case, GMW should have benefits from that, correct?
If he was killed and on Active duty, not yet officially separated from the army, his beneficiaries would be entitled to all his back pay, his death benefit, and his insurance payout linked in my prior post.

Now, declaring him a deserter does not mean his family won't get his benefits. Desertion has to be proven in a military court under UCMJ. IANAL. MOO.

If he was killed and on Active duty, not yet officially separated from the army, his beneficiaries would be entitled to all his back pay, his death benefit, and his insurance payout linked in my prior post.

Now, declaring him a deserter does not mean his family won't get his benefits. Desertion has to be proven in a military court under UCMJ. IANAL. MOO.

It might have to be proven, but while under investigation, they are not going to pay anything out until it's ruled upon. Correct?

I'd say with the news continuing into today, your question is answered. All the things that weren't here before, that are apparent now, should send this investigation into overdrive.
Being declared a deserter, he loses all benefits (I'm fairly certain). The military funeral, included. The life insurance.
Yes the military has stated they aren't covering funeral cost at this time

PMorales, thank you for returning to this discussion. Even tho you had a difficult marriage, I understand the grief you are feeling. I hope you can stay and maybe help everyone set the record straight. Do you feel there may be some connection between Gregory and Vanessa both missing?

I hope they can change your husband's status and cover expenses like they should. It is evident he did not go AWOL on purpose. Hoping Justice is served this fine soldier who protected our country. :)

Condolences to Gregory's family.

IMO the fb link posted on the thread previously appears to be his most recently used fb page. He posted an interesting message on May 8th, 2019 about not being able to trust people, even if they appear to be on your side.
"Just because the they stand next to you dose not mean they are there for you just because yall in the same circle that dosent mean there in youre corner just because they say they are youre bestfriend dosent meant there not trying to secrectly out do you just watch youre back and who you with make sure you keep it "

He also has his status listed as "single" and on June 25, 2019 posted: "Single or not put this as your status whoever hearts it has a crush on you❤️"

I hope the discovery of his remains is the first step of closure for his family & that they get answers soon about what happened to him. IMO

Now that they have ruled his death due to foul play his updated records should make him eligible for all you've listed to be fully reinstated. The declaration of going AWOL is now backed up with evidence proving it to be UNTRUE.

imo, all of his eligible benefits will be reinstated.

As a proud mother myself of a very honorable Marine who served with distinction.... what is of most importance now to his family is for his name to be cleared.

Plus they know he deserves a proper military funeral. It's far more important to his family than receiving any monetary gain from his life insurance.

I hope they soon find the suspect or suspects who murdered him.

They not only took his precious life from him, but also ruined his honorable service reputation while serving for our country when he was falsely accused of being a deserter going AWOL as he lay dead from being murdered unable to return.

My prayers for his grieving family. May justice be served.

jmhoo

Now that they have ruled his death due to foul play his updated records should make him eligible for all you've listed to be fully reinstated. The declaration of going AWOL is now backed up with evidence proving it to be UNTRUE.

imo, all of his eligible benefits will be reinstated.

As a proud mother myself of a very honorable Marine who served with distinction.... what is of most importance now to his family is for his name to be cleared.

Plus they know he deserves a proper military funeral. It's far more important to his family than receiving any monetary gain from his life insurance.

I hope they soon find the suspect or suspects who murdered him.

They not only took his precious life from him, but also ruined his honorable service reputation while serving for our country when he was falsely accused of being a deserter going AWOL as he lay dead from being murdered unable to return.

My prayers for his grieving family. May justice be served.

jmhoo
The military should act swiftly to do all of this and more - I understand why they had to do this in the first place but I do feel had they just investigated a bit more - they may have discovered he was never AWOL - he was dead. It's a tragedy
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back