TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me...Just wanted to correct this info. A lot of prepaid phones have cameras now. My husband, daughter & I all have cameras on our prepaid phones. Their phones are through Tracfone and were only about $30. My phone is through StraightTalk & was about $90. HTH

I agree - all of our prepaids have cameras - cheapest was 19.99 (t-mobile)

One thing that I have noticed in this case that we have not seen in some of the other recent cases (B. Smith, for example) was that even though everyone was pretty sure she went off voluntarily with JE, that she was considered to be in imminent danger. We're not getting that with this case. .....

I think that probably has to do with the fact that BS's mom was murdered in the process of JE leaving down with BS.

I'm hoping that by talking to those other kids today,with LE being at the school,it was an opportunity for any of them to tell anything they've heard.Even if they didn't see anything,there can always be some truth in even rumors.Kids that age love talking and telling all they know,they just need the chance.

ITA on the question them part, but then there's overkill, lol. I slipped on my frozen deck awhile ago and I giggled and thought Dam$ it's LE's fault, that's how over the top the LE bashing in this case has become IMO.

:floorlaugh: I wish you hadn't said that. I will think that every time something happens this week lol.

I find it hard to believe that anyone on here... if their child was missing, would not be upset if they did not have their phone.

Then to be told "Oh, well she probably wouldn't call you anyway, she would call her Dad, or friend, or grandparents. You are probably the reason she is gone anyway."

What if she WAS abducted and has time to make one phone call? Hopefully it would be 911, but what if it wasn't? Sure the odds are slim that she would only have time to make one call, but if it was YOUR kid would you want to risk it?

What if Dad's phone is not a cell phone, so he doesn't have it with him all the time?

Who would you call, the one with the cell phone or the one with the home phone?

I would be calling the phone that would be with a person 24 hours a day and a land line simply isn't likely to do that.

I have worked very hard to teach my children MY cell phone number. If LE then took it I would be frantic.

When someone here asks a question of Billie's friend...

She asks Billie about it.

Billie gives her an answer.

She posts it here for us, because we asked her...

Where is the link supposed to come from? The information came from Hailey's mother. There is no link.

Maybe she can mention it the next time she does an interview? That's the only way I can think of that there would be a link for the information.

My understanding is that when Billie's friend is saying "Billie told me..." she does not need a link. She is a verified local.

Some people can believe her that LE hasn't returned the phone yet.

While others can believe that she has chosen to turn her own phone off so her missing daughter cannot contact her.

I believe she doesn't have the phone and I believe that is possibly the first number Hailey would call if she was in danger.

ITA!!!!!! I know we have all had those moments in childhood where we did not want to speak with Mom, but then, and now, who do you call when you need help???? MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

LE spoke to once already, I think they should have asked the right questions the first time. This is day what? She's been gone a long time.

Actually I know from experience you might not get truth from people who are scared for a very long time.In my situation,a witness couldn't deal with the guilt and fear any longer and went to LE months later,that set a chain reaction for the others to speak.But these are kids and I can't see any info being held for that long.

a tiny town
a family with problems
Hailey disappeared
Hailey took nothing with her
holiday season
so many LE teams can't find her
fibs, poly's
SA looses job
DNA collected
searches find sheath,glasses,tire tracks
search dogs brought in from jail

what other FACTS do we have???

a tiny town
a family with problems
Hailey disappeared
Hailey took nothing with her
holiday season
so many LE teams can't find her
fibs, poly's
SA looses job
DNA collected
searches find sheath,glasses,tire tracks
search dogs brought in from jail

what other FACTS do we have???

Dogs did get a hit.

passionflower,
two teen girls from video with Hailey were identified and questioned.

Question: Are there even searches taking place? Any locals have specifics on that, or maybe the FB page reads of any? Please and thanks.

If Hailey and her brother were close, I would think she would share everything
with him.

ITA on the question them part, but then there's overkill, lol. I slipped on my frozen deck awhile ago and I giggled and thought Dam$ it's LE's fault, that's how over the top the LE bashing in this case has become IMO.

:floorlaugh: Now I havent been bashing LE but I think we can all agree some things could have been handled differently...but u live and u learn I guess?

BTW are u okay??

I think it's an issue of differing opinions on what happened to her between the agencies and who has the authority and is running the show says she is a runaway.

I agree 100%. And I also think the media muddles it even further. I tend to put my faith in the direct quotes and not in the, "And then he said that yada yda yada...". Big difference between a quote and a paraphrase...

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329797

"He did add that if investigators can't find what they're looking for in the next few days, TES would likely go to town."

Something is just not right. What are they waiting on? Why can't they continue to look for "what they're looking for" while TES searches?

That is what I do not understand the more people looking for her the better chance of finding her.Plus TES searchers have training and experience about handling evidence without destroying it by accident. I keep thinking about Tim not letting people search for Caylee when there was so much water but he was 100% correct to wait.If a horse or 4x4 rode over her bones or if they just put waders on and stepped on her, she might not have been found.

That and the fact that I have a feeling the reason we are getting mixed answers is that the various agencies working this case may not agree as to what they think happened. I have a feeling that is why we are hearing about runaway one minute and DNA samples the next.

Am in total agreement with your statement. That is why it goes from looking for a live Hailey standing in a field to collecting dna to identify a body. And Sparky is in the middle with probably the biggest migraine he has ever had in his lifetime.

At this point there is no way to know who knows what, who is lying, who has been polygraphed, who has a working phone, what day she went missing.

Bottom line is that we have nothing to go on. Sparky needs to take some Tylenol for his migraine that is all I know along with there is NO WAY out of C-City other than being driven out by car/truck.

http://www.reporternews.com/photos/galleries/2011/jan/08/The-search-for-Hailey-Dunn/23258/#section_header

Just curious, but would any of you be a bit leery of letting these plain clothes guys in your house when you have the thought in your mind that maybe someone was just abducted? Isn't this the kind of thing we are warned about? Guy with clipboard saying there is a gas leak and he needs to check inside...

And how do they prove an area was actually searched other than tying an orange ribbon? Anyone could tie and orange ribbon anywhere.

Well, it is in the afternoon and JMO but if they had been there shoveling your deck earlier in the day, you would have never slipped. JMO:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member