TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's that small town rumor mill - figured someone would have talked about what the girls had to say...

We certainly wouldn't ask anyone to name names...these are children, so please don't!

It would be great if someone approved as a local would fill us in on what the kids are thought to have said.:seeya:

:floorlaugh::truce: It's trerrible over there! Sure it's not you Rose and you just left the winter off.

Um I was just reading on the fb page and just FYI I'm not the Rose on there and someone just called her a bitter old hag.LOL You got to love facebook.

No we can not blame everything on LE. I will be the first to admit, if something awful happens, I'm going to call 911 (LE). They do in fact have hard jobs, at times put their lives on the line and I do respect and admire many LE officials. Just in this particular case there have just been some things that have been done and NOT done, said and not said, that it would seem a prudent officer of the law would have done/said differently. LE are human and they are not infallible and as citizens I think it is our duty to question their tactics. It's okay to question your government, history tells us to question it.

ITA on the question them part, but then there's overkill, lol. I slipped on my frozen deck awhile ago and I giggled and thought Dam$ it's LE's fault, that's how over the top the LE bashing in this case has become IMO.

Not to mention that IF she ran away it was to get away from what was going on at mom's house so more than likely she would call DAD.
Unless things at Dad's house weren't any better. Now she could be enjoying the freedom from all that or feeling shame about coming home again, if hopefully she is still with us.

LE can clone the phone and give BO back her phone and then have access to any calls made on it.IMO Even teens get use to just hitting the contact button and do not remember the actual phone number,so she might not know anyone number esp if her mom put the numbers in the contact list since they all shared the phone.She could call 411 and get number of her mom's job but if she is being held somewhere calling 911 would be faster if she could get to a phone.Cell phones are great but not everyone has a land line which makes it a lot harder if your held captive by someone.

Unless things at Dad's house weren't any better. Now she could be enjoying the freedom from all that or feeling shame about coming home again, if hopefully she is still with us.

Well if that is the case, she is not going to call either one so the phone stuff is a dead issue.........lol.

One thing that I have noticed in this case that we have not seen in some of the other recent cases (B. Smith, for example) was that even though everyone was pretty sure she went off voluntarily with JE, that she was considered to be in imminent danger. We're not getting that with this case. Not at all. This is sticking out to me today in a big way. My guess is that there will be some who will speculate that BS did not want to be found, either, as she was allegedly running off with her "hcb <3" but LE always made that statement about danger. In this case...it's the opposite.

Let's just say that this all turns out as LE is thinking...that she ran away and is hiding and that kids know what is going on and that family members are lying about things (though we have no idea what those things are at this point, of course)...

Can you imagine how the people of C-City will feel? I'd feel totally duped and like there was just a several hundred thousand dollar waste of my tax dollars.

I'm not wanting to sound heartless here...just saying that it is time for the family to step up to the plate and to be truthful. 100% truthful. We already know that they are not the Cleavers (I don't know any family who is, to be quite honest with you), but the more it looks like they are lying...the less sympathy the public is going to have and the less chance that folks will be inclined to help to bring Hailey home.

I sure hope that LE is right on this one...and that she's alive and safe and just hiding...but if that was my kid, I'd probably feel the need to move after all of the drama and roller coasters of emotion that she had put the family through.

Another thought...and this is just a wild one...

If she didn't like SA...maybe she is following the case and (until today's news about the kids at school) maybe she is happy that fingers are/were pointing at him. All the more reason to stay in hiding...to make him look bad and to continue to drive a wedge between him and mom. She's a kid...and they do foolish things. Once they are in deep, it is hard for them to come clean.

Just a few of my crazy thoughts and speculations for today...

That is a big part of the problem with this case, it's the REPORTING.

That and the fact that I have a feeling the reason we are getting mixed answers is that the various agencies working this case may not agree as to what they think happened. I have a feeling that is why we are hearing about runaway one minute and DNA samples the next.

Couldn't they be thinking that Hailey ran away, but the criminal intent be on the person she is with, or the person or people they think are holding out on them?

This is my thinking. IMO, Hailey was 'lured' to meet someone at that hotel...The Western?..someone she knows.

Anyway, I think this is the reason that the dogs lost her scent in the parking lot there....She walked there to meet someone and got into a vehicle which drove away.

I also wonder if LE has kept the phone to monitor who HASN'T been calling Hailey and they are comparing the phone history to current calls. How active was Hailey's usage on her Mom's phone.

I'm not very knowlegable on this case and just read the thread and wanted to post my initial thoughts:)

MOO

wm

That is a big part of the problem with this case, it's the REPORTING.

And it doesn't help when the media isn't given much to report on. These so-called "press conferences" are like nothing I've ever seen in a missing person's case.

That's really not fair. How were they supposed to know these girls knew anything if they didn't tell LE at first? The girls were the ones at fault, for not coming forward in the first place!
I am assuming that someone else told LE that these 2 girls had info so they gave them the opportunity to identify themselves and tell them what they knew. What else would you suggest as a "crack interview technique" if they didn't even know who the girls were until this morning?

LE spoke to once already, I think they should have asked the right questions the first time. This is day what? She's been gone a long time.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329797

"He did add that if investigators can't find what they're looking for in the next few days, TES would likely go to town."

Something is just not right. What are they waiting on? Why can't they continue to look for "what they're looking for" while TES searches?

I think it's an issue of differing opinions on what happened to her between the agencies and who has the authority and is running the show says she is a runaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28