TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really looked around at CC, I couldn't find any kind of recreation dept. I couldn't even find a Planned Parenthood place. The city lacks alot of services other towns take for granted. Unless of course I just couldn't find them.
oh yah we have to go out of town th deliver our kids, they dont have a nursery here, so we have to go out of town while in labor, unless its an emergency, i think one doc can surely deliver a baby.

The identities of the girls were discovered this morning after Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean and Pete Kampfer, city manager for Colorado City, met with middle school students at 8 a.m. to discuss Dunn’s disappearance.

Dean and Kampfer asked Colorado Middle School sixth grade students if they had any information about the two girls who were seen walking east with Dunn in the 200 block of Manuel Street in Colorado City on either Dec. 26 or Dec. 27. Dunn disappeared Dec. 27 after reportedly telling her mother’s live-in boyfriend that she was going to spend the night with a friend.

Dean said they received the names of the two girls after meeting with sixth grade students. The girls previously had been asked generic questions by investigators, and Dean said they would be questioned again to see if they might have any information about where Dunn was going or where she may be.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/10/dps-confident-missing-colorado-city-teen-alive-and/

Sixth graders are great...they always sing like little canaries! Good move on the part of LE. Eighth graders, on the other hand...can really stay tight lipped because there is such a stigma about snitching.

Kudos to LE for going straight to the sixth graders.

Your right.....IMO Mighty fine, top of the line, crack interview techniques being utilized from early on. ...........eyeroll.............

People keep stuff from LE all the time, not just in this case. I mean ok lets lean on LE but let's at least keep it real when we do. If it was just a matter of sitting down and people telling the truth, there would be no crimes to solve. We can't blame LE for everything..................

Two weeks AFTER Hailey goes missing and they have just now found two girls that may have information:waitasec:

I would think especially when LE considers Hailey a runaway
that any and all interviewing of friends would have already been done

Who said these girls were Hailey's friends? They may have just barely knew her. And why blame LE for not finding them sooner? The girls should have come forward with this information themselves.... not wait for LE to seek them out.

I would think that Billie looks horrible and devastated. Much like Desiree Young and Beth Holloway.

I would think that Clint looks the same way, if not a little sedated as well.

I would think that Shawn is definitely weird, but I think it's possible he's totally innocent.

I would think it's odd that we know nothing about Clint's girlfriend, though I'm not one of the ones who finds her suspicious.

I think I will be one of the ones who will be defensive of Billie no matter what. You would pretty much have to show me a video of it happening to convince me she had any knowledge of Hailey's disappearance.

It is still only the local professionals talking to the media. We have not heard from an FBI agent that the family is lying. We have not heard any detail on who is lying or why LE believes that.

For all WE know it could be Uncles and Cousins who said she was with them and then changed their story. We have no idea what "family" this is referring to.

Also worth noting that cops were convinced that Jaycee Dugard's step father knew something. He was grilled for years, polygraphed, suspected... all while Jaycee was being held by a person who precisely matched the description he had given them.

I am NOT one to defend NG... and I was appalled as I sat and watched that interview. Even more so with Zahra's case.

However, in Crystal's case there was a lot more history. She had a drug history, she didn't have custody, she didn't know if her child was sick, at school, at the doctor, etc.

In Zahra's case her Mom didn't have custody and hadn't seen her in years. Nancy never really got past that to the reasons WHY.

None of those things apply to Billie. NG does not like to admit she is wrong and she has already said she doesn't think Billie is involved. So I think her odds are a bit better of Nancy continuing to be nice. She may jump on Shawn... but I think Billie and Clint are pretty safe with her.

Hopefully I am correct in that thinking.

Playing devil's advocate........how do we know she doesn't look horrible because LE has been interviewing her so much because they don't think she is being truthful? Guilt can run a person down too..............

O h that was said on here last night. hmmmmmmmm. Interesting. Why it's almost like there is a concentrated effort going on to make LE look bad, now why would that be??????????? :innocent:
i brought the cell phone last night and i wasnt tryn to make LE look bad, i was just wondering if Hailey had called if BD had the same number so she can call. ive took up for LE quite a bit and do believe they are tryn to do the same thing we,BD are. bring Hailey home

Oh goodness,so dna was just gotten from the parents and TES could be coming in?I hope this isn't from the interviews with these two girls.

I read that report earlier but the report did not state when the DNA was obtained, it could of been last week and done simply because Hailey was missing, which from what I understand is a normal practice in missing children cases.

Hoss is not an infrequent poster on the ARN site. I don't know where he is from, but I'd sat he probably posts about one thing or another at least weekly. I've heard that all you get when you call the tip line is an answering machine and return calls are exceptionally rare. JMO

That's not true. I spoke to a real person last night. I called one of the two numbers listedon the poster

i brought the cell phone last night and i wasnt tryn to make LE look bad, i was just wondering if Hailey had called if BD had the same number so she can call. ive took up for LE quite a bit and do believe they are tryn to do the same thing we,BD are. bring Hailey home

I wasn't talking about you ajk..........no worries.

Whatever happened to the search in Dunn where the oil field glasses and knife
sheath were found? My mind is still stuck on SA as the most likely POI, even
more so since learning of his interest in and purchases of Michael Moore masks.
The knife sheath might be part of such a costume. We know he lost his job that morning which could have put him in a very bad state of mind. We also know Hailey was said to be uncomfortable around him. Still he is the last person who
admits to seeing her alive! OK- what is his timeline after that? Did he leave the
house that afternoon- what time? Where did he go? Was he home when Billie got
home? Did any of his relatives see him that day?

Now all we hear is talk of two girls who "may" have been seen with HD
either on Dec. 26 or 27. If so, of course we want to hear what they know, but
let's hope LE is not being totally distracted by this recent tidbit of info.

we dont have much here, theres a frisbee golf course that is fairly new, the park itself has a pretty small playground,two swings that are made of borads and half the time broke, i wont let my kids on it. but theres a swimming pool, and few churches have playgrounds,one church has an outdoor bb court but i THINK its only one hoop. the only other thing we have is a movie theatre.
a movie theater is on the plus side most definitely. Where is that located?

oh yah we have to go out of town th deliver our kids, they dont have a nursery here, so we have to go out of town while in labor, unless its an emergency, i think one doc can surely deliver a baby.

All I can say is leave home early...very, very early!

If you re-read what the person on FB is saying, they are saying the same thing we are: IF Hailey wanted to call her mom... it's going to VM. At least that's the way I'm reading it...

If she wanted to reach mom...there's always a way. There are friends' numbers, dad, grandma...I'm not buying it.

Thats the kind of freedom we had too. But we knew dangers, people referred to bad guys as "bums" so that was how being careful was taught to us.

We didn't have any "bums" in our town...... really, there was one murder in 40+years, and the guy confessed after 2 hours to a friend, and it was an "accidental" murder that he covered up. There were (are) plenty of drugs, petty crimes, etc.... but no one scary lives there..... we were extremely lucky IMO

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/hailey-dunn-tropper-says-she-is-alive-and-hiding
Police believe after talking with two girls about missing Hailey Dunn, that she is alive and hiding.
Sparky Dean, Senior Dept. of Public Safety Trooper met with the two sixth grade students who were seen with Hailey Dunn, 13, the missing cheerleader, around the 200 block of Manuel Street in Colorado City, Texas.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Hailey Dunn: Trooper says she is alive and hiding - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...er-says-she-is-alive-and-hiding#ixzz1AfV2549r

Oh, good grief! I just do not see where they can believe she is alive and hiding. JMO, of course.

But I hope she is.

If she wanted to reach mom...there's always a way. There are friends' numbers, dad, grandma...I'm not buying it.

Not to mention that IF she ran away it was to get away from what was going on at mom's house so more than likely she would call DAD.

I'll leave this debate to the forum on Haleigh Cummings. And leave NG to cuddle and coddle that upstanding citizen and father, Ronald Cummings.

Back on topic....do we know if both BD and CD will be on the show, tonite?

Went o/t to reply back to poster who brought Crytal up but you are right this thread is for this Hailey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28