TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a possible hit in the lot, which they then explained away. It was not a trail. They did not trail up to the motel. The dogs were brought to the motel to clear the area. They then made a positive alert but could not do anything with it. Couldn't lead out of the lot, couldn't lead to a motel room door, nothing.

These are prison dogs, I don't believe they are used to doing this kind of work. My guess is they were confused and gave a false alert.

A quick peek on as was wondering about the search status@dump and this post made me wonder in case it was not false...

...In light of a 'possible' hit in the lot, I wonder if there is one of those big dumpsters in the hotel lot, and if so, where the trash from it is taken to???

Very true! sorry if this sounds out there... nbut if IT went down that night... say accident..and HD was found to be deceased. Someone had to sit with the body and come up.with a plan. They could not just leave her there all day to be found by DD. Hence.the door locked at 4pm? I know I'm trying to think why he had to leave work and returnimmed. why DD locked out, why SA did not answer door and why deer in headlights...had he just had to hide her? MO

If that house is like mine with a crawl space underneath there is also an opening inside, usually in a closet floor. Wonder if not hearing the pounding for five minutes was due to being tired and asleep or from being under the house. LE was wanting to search under there after all.

No official word one way or another on the landfill, right?

Investigators said the search was spurred by the investigation, but didn't say if they were pointed there or if they got a dumpster hit or anything like that?

Seems like this is the biggest news to date in terms of actually finding Hailey. I still hope she ran away from an effed up home, but if she's deceased, I hope she's found tomorrow and be put in a better place.

Nite...

As far as DD[Hailey's bro}
...The only other mention of BD family that I can think of off the top of my head was mentioned by Billie last nite on NG..when asked about why might SA have mentioned Scurry Co to LE and Billies reply was that because she and Hailey had alot of family and friends in the Scurry Co area..

Thank you for posting that part, someone up thread had mentioned that & referenced Odessa, but I had recalled Scurry Co.

Don't recall actually hearing this, but even if this is the case.... do we have the time for these calls? We know that he left before her. Is it possible that it was after he left but before she did? I think he left quite a bit before she did?

The affidavit doesn't mention the time of the calls, only that the officer saw the calls and handed the phone back to SA. SA provided information that could contradict the calls so LE asked for the phone back to verify SA's statements and SA deleted the call records in front of LE before handing the phone back. If they were innocent calls to BD, why would he delete them? Apparently SA doesn't realize LE can get his complete call history from his cell service provider!

They had a possible hit in the lot, which they then explained away. It was not a trail. They did not trail up to the motel. The dogs were brought to the motel to clear the area. They then made a positive alert but could not do anything with it. Couldn't lead out of the lot, couldn't lead to a motel room door, nothing

These are prison dogs, I don't believe they are used to doing this kind of work. My guess is they were confused and gave a false alert.
Could they make a hit if say SA drove up and tossed a pair of sheets into the cleaning ladies cart that typically are parked just outside the rooms?
android posting sorry for errors!

Decloaking for a wee while:

BD to me seems to be *easily led*.

She is in a relationship with a younger man, and at 33 has two teen children and her job prospects have been somewhat lax of late (be it drug related or not). She is a very insecure woman. Now, give her a power-hungry younger boyfriend (who no doubt told her on a regular basis how *lucky* she was to have him, and how hard she'd have to work to keep him *Gag*). Her self esteem issues are through the roof. Even looking back at her marriage, she tends to be with men who dominate her, *bad boys* who she clings to. This to me would explain her comments about not knowing what was going to happen with SA. She has so lost herself in him that she is trying to rationalise a way back to him.

Someone here has previously said she might have a learning disorder. I don't think thats the case. Do you ever meet someone and think to yourself "How on earth do you dress yourself in the morning?". Well, she gives me a *hint* of that. Not quite that bad though. Its more her psychological *need* to be in relationships with *bad boys* that makes her this way. She has no or little self respect, so she looks for men who she can put on a pedestal, someone she thinks is *special* (in SA case, because he is younger perhaps?). She seems to look for men who will suck the life and her personality out of her, and her kids and just along for the ride.

She does have some traits of an abused woman, but (and I hate to say this) I think that is who she is psychologically. Always a victim, but *needs* to be that way (again, her comments on SA). The older son probably knows this, Hailey may have too, which is incredibly sad.

In this whole situation, she is in *over her head*. Most people who have loved ones vanished are in this boat also, but the *reality* she has constructed for herself (in which SA is the most important thing in her world) has been pulled out from underneath her. I don't know if she had anything to do with hailey going missing, but she is treading water trying to get her *imagined* life back. Trying to be a teenager, to make up for the years she *lost* whilst nursing and changing nappies perhaps? Would explain why the kids seemed to want to stay at others homes often, a lack of stability at home?

As far as SA, if police were to visit my home they'd find a lot of horror films, true crime books, psychological texts.

What I fail to understand is why mom i not sitting in a car across from SA's home, stalking him till he gives her an answer. Knocking on his door 10 times every hour to ask "what do you know?". Walking down the street behind him, chanting "tell me what happened, tell me what happened" over and over again. I think that if she does not know what has happened, she still *knows*.

I apologise if any of this is in violation of WS terms, I have been through them to check but my definition of them could be very different from someone else. This is in no way a *character assasination*, its just my observations of her behavior in the public domain. And please mods feel free to edit as you see fit. I have been watching how hard the mods have been working in this thread, and its been hard enough for me just to keep up!

Also, this is all Imoo and apologies about any spelling errors, its very early here.

Very perceptive crazycatladyscotland,I see so much of that when she speaks about SA.

I said that with tongue in cheek.

I was actually quite surprised yesterday when SA was named a POI that this attorney didn't make some type of statement. But he didn't. And now, he's officially a suspect and still silence from his counsel. Odd.

:floorlaugh: I appreciate the enlightened mood. These cases worry me so much. I can't stand it when these children are not found.

Something she said today about when LE presents her with more evidence or something of that nature makes me wonder if there's alot we haven't heard about him that day.If so,I don't understand her position at this point.I would have stopped at seeing those videos,although I feel she's already seen them and knows how he is.Seeing what we've seen,I wouldn't let him in my house to make an emergency phone call,much less around my children.

And what BD said about Odessa being where alot of thier family and friends are,just saying.

I guess I missed her saying Odessa. I know at one time on NG, she said Snyder.

CD has been in Odessa, Midland, and Big Spring the last few days.

Could they make a hit if say SA drove up and tossed a pair of sheets into the cleaning ladies cart that typically are parked just outside the rooms?

I'm wondering if the dogs could be confused if the scent of more than one person was on the sheets.

I believe it was in last night's NG,I'll go look back at the transcript.

:eek::eek::eek: I would say no because he would be seen or on camera but with this mask thing - maybe he wouldn't.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but has Billie searched for Hailey?

I'm wondering if the dogs could be confused if the scent of more than one person was on the sheets.

Ok, let me first preface this with there were no sheets (that I've heard about anyways) in a dumster, at the hotel, etc, so this is all just HYPOTHETICAL.

No, they should not get confused, that's what they do, stick with one scent and one only.

eta-realized when I said there were no sheets that might be misread, so I am clarifying.

I just looked and it's not Odessa on NG,it's Scurry County.I've read too much this evening and got it all mixed up. :)

Ok, let me first preface this with there were no sheets (that I've heard about anyways), so this is all just HYPOTHETICAL.

No, they should not get confused, that's what they do, stick with one scent and one only.

Billie said on NG that they took the sheets from Hailey's bed for a scent..

Ok, let me first preface this with there were no sheets (that I've heard about anyways), so this is all just HYPOTHETICAL.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html
GRACE: Let`s go out to Billie Dunn. Why weren`t there sheets on her bed?

BILLIE DUNN: The investigators took her sheet off. I`d asked them to use the sheet for the dogs to get the scent, but I think they kept it.

This is what BD said about the sheets so they were on the bed and not trashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx