TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that bothers me is BD's total lack of emotion when discussing her daughter, her boyfriend. Just blank, dead words.

I don't know if I would be able to talk if my daughter were missing under these circumstances, or that I would be able to leave my boyfriend if I had one minute of suspicion about him. I would want answers, ones I could believe.

BBM; That's what throws me off about BD too, her complete lack of descriptive words about Hailey. BD also has never mentioned anything about the routine in their home. IMO these are things a Mom would talk about, those kind of details would just naturally flow in conversations about your daughter and your routine in your home KWIM?

How did BD contact DD to text his sister to come home? Who's number did she call?

I was speculated she called from her work phone to her cell phone which she left at home for the kids to use.

If cell phones ping when not in being used, SA had to know how to make it not ping if that is what is meant by "break in usage". I took it to mean he made no phone calls or texts during that time. jmo

I read it to mean the tower had a break in usage from his phone,not that his phone stopped binging anywhere.

If cell phones ping when not in being used, SA had to know how to make it not ping if that is what is meant by "break in usage". I took it to mean he made no phone calls or texts during that time. jmo

If he had a SIM card I would assume removal of that or the battery. He was into reading about true crime, serial killers, and was internet savvy.

Regarding pings. If a cell phone doesn't ping, it could just mean it went to an area w/o coverage. I think they should look south toward Sterling City, where Verizon shows lots of area its towers don't cover.

Well with my new revelation with the help of other sleuthers. Where was Billi's phone that day? I can't believe I read that doc a hundred times and interpreted it incorrectly.

You didn't read it wrong. Originally, it said her phone was ?pinging? (not the word used) the same tower as his was in Snyder. They have edited what was originally reported the night the documents were released. And the video that reported the same, it is no longer on their page.

I am so confused.. PLease help. Does anyone tell the truth in this case??

1. Hailey was seen by a neighbor talking on the phone monday 12/27 @ 12.:00
2. bloodhounds tracked scent to parking lot of hotel
3. BD and SA were told they failed the LTD
4. BD said she took money outta ATM for narcotics
5. Dogs hit on 2 scents at dump sit

So all these things according to the LE and BD didn't happen right? I am sure i missed a few if you wanna add on.

I was speculated she called from her work phone to her cell phone which she left at home for the kids to use.

ok....I am confused here....

If she called her own cell phone at home to tell her son to text his sister to come home....was he home...??? or still at his overnight???...I thought he didn't get home until 4:00 p.m. (later that day from his overnight)...

If he was not home....She must have called HIS phone...and if he did not have a phone..then his friend's phone where he was.....not her home phone....

it is confusing...thanks

Who edited the documents, the media? I thought they had the actual documents?

I cleaned up this inquiry and reposted because I didn't see a response and I see others are also wondering whether we should consider the bloodhound hits in our new theories. If they were confirmed as accurate and are date stamped as scents for 12/27, Hailey had to leave the house after 12/26 p.m. I think they are only the last scents (and can't be tied to 12/27 specifically), but not sure. If anyone has clarification, greatly appreciated. Not trying to be a pest, so ignore me if this has been resolved. THANKS :rolleyes:...

Sorry, thought I had answered this last night.

The short answer for me, is to disregard this bit of information into your thoughts and equations. The trail was 96 plus hours old, the warden said the dogs are good in the 24-72 hour range.....

It says there was a "break in usage". What exactly does that mean? I feel like I'm starting all over. Sigh.

Suziq, you are quite correct. The SAR thread downstairs has been operating under the interpretation that there was "no coverage" between 6:56 am to 9:38 am.

As per the affidavit reference below, one must assume that SA took the battery out of his phone at 6:56 am, right?

We have been using Verizon "no coverage" maps etc., to try and zero in on areas within the time frame, he might have been.

IMO, this changes everything.

It doesn't say that SA's phone was in an area that had "no coverage" during the time frame from 6:56 a.m. to 9:38 a.m!

It says:
Quote:
Telephone records obtained by investigators show ADKINS' cellular phone was using Verizon cell tower number 724 on the tower northern coverage area transmitter, which is located at coordinates 32.41262-100.86900 in the area of Colorado City,TX from 6:35 am to 6:56 am with a break in usage until 9:38am thru 2:40 pm when records indicate Adkins' phone was in the area of Big Spring, Texas by pinging Verizon cell tower #730 coordinates 32.22156-101-45867 which captured 11 phone calls from 9:38 am until 2:40 pm on the northwest coverage area transmitter

http://www.reporternews.com/photos/galleries/2011/jan/12/affidavit-search-vehicle/23317/#section_header

I think we have established that Billie does not exactly fit the description of a
"hands on" mom...she did not react as most of you say you would have (I don't have any kids) from the part about not checking on H Monday night, to how she talks about not wanting to be seen as a bad person by people who don't even know her, etc...

So I guess we have to think from the standpoint of a mom who is used to not knowing exactly where her daughter is at any given time, or what she might be doing, to try to understand Billie...

If she was/is more wrapped up in her love relationship this past year or two, as seems apparent, I am not suprised she didn't call MB's mom, or go to the house if she did not have the number. I think she treated Hailey as almost a peer, rather than a child. And Billie herself must have gotten pregnant at about 16, so maybe she considers 13 to be almost grown up...

As a "hands off" kind of mom myself, I do have certain rules. One is I have to know where you are, who you are with, and what time you will be home. I also have curfews. I also have a rule that if you are staying over with someone, I have to speak to an adult to verify the kids aren't alone or pulling a fast one. I also give the adult certain info like curfews and allergies, etc.

So, in this case, I wouldn't have worried too much if I had come home and found Hailey gone, and my SO (significant other) had told me she was spending the night with a friend. Because she had obeyed the rules, where she was, who she was with, when she would be home. But I would have called the friend's house to verify the info and speak to an adult. No adult, no sleepover. If she had, she would have known Hailey was gone much sooner.

Now I am not playing shoulda, coulda, woulda here. Billie knows what she did wrong and I am sure, involved or not, she is beating herself up over this whole thing, and if she isn't, she has no conscience or she is medicating those little voices into silence.

Not sure what my point is, except that "hands off" parenting can be handled safely and with love, not neglect.

I'm sure since she obviously didn't know MB's or she would have called HD herself. DD spent the night at a friends and came home 4ish, broke in, met Sa in hallway. What time did BD call to give DD the message? Also if Clint looks over there all the time, then he would have seen the vehicle in the driveway if SA had been there at the wrong time.

I read it to mean the tower had a break in usage from his phone,not that his phone stopped binging anywhere.

To me it means that Verizon records have a break in his usage (more general). Because the sentence starts "Telephone records obtained" (in a general sense ... then goes on to list the specifics).

Why it stopped pinging is up for debate.

The fact remains that SA has over 2-1/2 hours unaccounted for.

Wonder where DD is staying...with mom?? Boy would I like a few minutes with him. He could tell us a lot as to schedules, regular routines, etc. Poor boy......

I think something happened that night -- and from there on it's anyone's guess. I think he either got her to go with him, quick errand, buy something, etc. or....maybe she did take off running and he caught her.

I just hope she is found. Soon.

You didn't read it wrong. Originally, it said her phone was ?pinging? (not the word used) the same tower as his was in Snyder. They have edited what was originally reported the night the documents were released. And the video that reported the same, it is no longer on their page.

Yea, the news may have reported it wrong because they interpreted wrong like many of us. Had Belimom not prompted me to read that section very carefully, I assumed the same.

I still just think it means that Billie's phone was irrelevant to the point they were trying to make (that he went back).

I just came across the answer to your question when reading the article that amysmom (thank you!) linked for me about MB's mom.

Here's what they said:

"Widely-distributed reports that dogs had traced Hailey Dunn’s scent to a Colorado City hotel Dec. 31 were diminished by Kampfer, who called them “inaccurate” and the scents attributable to “any number of things.”

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Thanks Crime Junkie! Was wondering if we could discount the bloodhound hits that Billie told us about on NG (even though she admitted that LE didn't want her to discuss them). I think she was hell bent on discussing them and positioned them as confirmed in attempt to corroborate SA's story of what Hailey allegedly told him on 12/27. If the bloodhound hits are inaccurate, then there's nothing left corroborating his story and 12/26 p.m. is the last confirmed sighting of Hailey (by DD)...

The affidavit states "with a break in usage".

Going up a few lines, they are referring to "Telephone records obtained by investigators show ADKINS' cellular phone was using Verizon cell tower number ...."

So, "break in usage" = break in using Verizon cell towers, or commonly known as "stopped pinging".

Right?

Okay, so does that mean that during the time of the "break in usage", that it is possible that SA's phone was pinging another tower that was not owned by Verizon, then?

That would be extremely important information.

ok....I am confused here....

If she called her own cell phone at home to tell her son to text his sister to come home....was he home...??? or still at his overnight???...I thought he didn't get home until 4:00 p.m. (later that day from his overnight)...

If he was not home....She must have called HIS phone...and if he did not have a phone..then his friend's phone where he was.....not her home phone....

it is confusing...thanks

Two different days. Her brother broke into the house on Monday and BD called him on Tuesday. Or unless I have that wrong too. Heaven help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz