TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the affidavit clearly states her phone pinged off of a tower at that time... during the time that SA's phone was pinging off the same tower

and tower that would service the home where Hailey was allegedly sleeping at the time...

scary stuff.

and lots of lies being told here.
It just says that a person at 1804 chestnut would use tower 724 and that is the tower SA's phone was pinging off of, it doesn't mention BD's phone and in my opinion, they were trying to establish their belief that SA returned to the home while HD was alone that morning.

Hailey, I hope you are found soon.......

fellow sleuthers... keep fighting the fight... for this child.
Someone has to do it for her....

see you guys tomorrow

Here are 2 screenshots of the affidavit{had to do 2 seperate screenshots as the paragraph specific to cell towers/pings was at bottom of pg.2 and continued on pg.3 of the Affidavits filed to issue Search Warrants}
Affidavit.specific%20ping%20info1.jpg

Affidavit.specific%20ping%20info2.jpg

So according to the above Affidavit(pg.2-3)it does specifically state that Billies phone at 1804 Chestnut was utilized or pinged the same Verizon tower, at the same times as SA cell phone..

HTH:)

**and here is the direct link to the Affidavits that are screenshot above..For anyone who wants to read or review them in their entireity..http://www.reporternews.com/photos/...ffidavit-search-vehicle/23318/#section_header

But read it carefully.

It says ... "According to Verizon Cellular Tower records" (insert comma)

"a person at 1804 Chestnut would" WOULD

"utilize or ping Tower 724 on the northern coverage area transmitter when" WHEN

"using a Verizon cell phone, which is the same tower that ADKINS was using from ...." ADKINS ... WAS

I wonder if Sarx has, or can, offer expert opinion on how much stock we should put in the bloodhound scent tracking on day 4?

I think most of us, based on the great speculation and analysis I've read here today, have discounted it from being a key piece of evidence in determining what happened to Hailey (general consensus that she may not have even left the house after 12/26).

1. If that scent was supposed to be her last scent away from the home, could it have been from before 12/26 p.m.? Or, is it date stamped for lack of a better term? She probably went to CD's and MB's regularly.
2. Could the trail/hits have just been wrong? How reliable are they? Is the motel hit (which the dogs didn't follow to but were lead to) simply a wrong hit because video doesn't show her there for a month (I think NG said they watched 30 days of video - could be wrong).

I'm keeping in mind that we got the bloodhound info from BD herself and she conveyed it to us on NG to support SA's story of where Hailey said she was going on 12/27. LE didn't like that she released the info at all. BD even said she didn't think LE wanted her to mention it, but she did anyway. Does LE even think it's accurate or relevant?

I just want to rid my mental fridge of anything that is now longer good in helping to find Hailey, and don't want to toss out anything that is still important.

I cleaned up this inquiry and reposted because I didn't see a response and I see others are also wondering whether we should consider the bloodhound hits in our new theories. If they were confirmed as accurate and are date stamped as scents for 12/27, Hailey had to leave the house after 12/26 p.m. I think they are only the last scents (and can't be tied to 12/27 specifically), but not sure. If anyone has clarification, greatly appreciated. Not trying to be a pest, so ignore me if this has been resolved. THANKS :rolleyes:...

Well as a premeditation, likely SA coerced Billie into leaving the cell phone and hid the phone in the house so Hailey wouldn't find it. Likely the cell phone was turned off.

How is it possible that SA's phone went from pinging the Colorado City tower from 6:35 a.m. to 6:56 a.m., then immediately went to "No Coverage"?

Either he took the battery out or his phone DID ping towers during that time, but it was left out of the affadavit.

Right?

My only reasoning for this is if she is anything like I am, I don't like for my kids to overstay their welcome when spending the night. I usually tell my kids I will pick them up at noon, unless another time has been worked out beforehand.

That would make perfect sense under normal circumstances, but seeing how she didn't check with the parents about her child spending the bight there to begin with. . . .

I hear what you're saying but Billie has referred to Hailey a few xs as "just a BABY"..I truly believe this is how she sees Hailey but maybe not all girls that age..KWIM?

I took note of that particular descriptive phrase as well amysmom.

I'm not saying that it indicates anything in particular. Not at all. But viewed within the context of the immediate interview of when I heard her refer to Hailey (which was on NG and it was when NG asked her directly why her BF would say that Hailey was promiscious)--

in that specific contextual use---yes, it stopped me in my tracks and made me look at her.

Can't explain exactly why it did, but it did. Made me a wee bit nauseous but I didn't explore the reaction.

Just wanted to add that to your statement because I agree Amysmom. We could all argue until the cows come home about how one of us may have used it anecdotally in the past ~ but ~ when it is viewed within context it's off putting for some reason.

Context when looking at missing persons cases that are just that missing persons or more than likely murder cases is more important than what is said or done and if anyone else has ever done that or said that before...it's the context that matters.
JMHO.

According to Verizon Cellular Tower records a person at 1804 Chestnut would utilize or ping Tower 724 on northern coverage area of transmitter when using a Verizon cell, which is the same tower that Adkins was using from 6:35 to 6:56am.

Exact wording of Affidavit ^above^..
It states that a person at the residence utilized or pinged tower 724 from a Verizon cell, WHICH IS THE SAME TOWER THAT ADKINS WAS USING..

I do not see the confusion..

ETA!
Thanks CKay.. I get what you guys are saying now.. That Verizon is giving the info that "if"/when a Verizon phone is used at the home that it ALWAYS PINGS TOWER 724.. and LE is then stating that tower 724 is the tower that SA's phone is pinging 635-656..therefor proving that his cell phone was back at the residence{i.e. that he was back there with an alone and sleeping Hailey..according to the affidavit}

I GOTCHA! THANKS CKAY!

Something that has bothered me: I wonder why BD called her son at noon, and told him to text HD to tell her to come home. Why? It's not like mom would be there all afternoon, so what would it have mattered if she was at her friends home, occupied until mom got off work? I've swung back and forth on who did what, and who knew what. But this really makes me wonder if it was an attempt at some kind of alibi, and bringing an innocent 16 year old into it to make it "look good" ????

great thoughts!!!...Now I am wondering this....IF...the brother WAS NOT home at noon....(when he was told to call her friend to COME HOME)....(and he didn't get home until later....4:00?....).....how did B know H WAS NOT home ALREADY....and could have came home ...EARLIER??????....she could have left her friend's THAT MORNING...and came home.......since B said she had not spoken/contacted H while she was at her friend's house overnight?....

Anyone see what I am saying????....How did B know..H had NOT came home.
thanks for any input...

FOR REAL? IF SO GOOD CATCH!

so were they mainly using that tower as a reference then?

if so where was BD's phone and where was IT PINGING?

eta: I thought in reading that both phones pinged off the same tower for the same time period?

I thought that was what I read also. If not, I may have change my whole way of thinking here.

Off to re-read the document.

Salem

How is it possible that SA's phone went from pinging the Colorado City tower from 6:35 a.m. to 6:56 a.m., then immediately went to "No Coverage"?

Either he took the battery out or his phone DID ping towers during that time, but it was left out of the affadavit.

Right?

It says there was a "break in usage". What exactly does that mean? I feel like I'm starting all over. Sigh.

Well as a premeditation, likely SA coerced Billie into leaving the cell phone and hid the phone in the house so Hailey wouldn't find it. Likely the cell phone was turned off.

Not sure about the coerce part ... Billie said she always left that phone there.

With him doubling back, in the dark, knowing Billie would have left for work, H probably never had a chance to get to that phone (sleeping).

Don't think Billie's phone is relevant to the warrant (or they would have mentioned it in affadavit?).

The thing that bothers me is BD's total lack of emotion when discussing her daughter, her boyfriend. Just blank, dead words.

I don't know if I would be able to talk if my daughter were missing under these circumstances, or that I would be able to leave my boyfriend if I had one minute of suspicion about him. I would want answers, ones I could believe.

Sometimes it almost sounds as though Billie wanted her son to be the one to call MB's, to find out she had never been there...

Right?

The affidavit states "with a break in usage".

Going up a few lines, they are referring to "Telephone records obtained by investigators show ADKINS' cellular phone was using Verizon cell tower number ...."

So, "break in usage" = break in using Verizon cell towers, or commonly known as "stopped pinging".

Right?

Quick question, if anybody knows off-hand. Has anyone besides Billie who's credible said the bloodhounds hit near the hotel?

Reason I ask is that I see a subtle theme in Billie's early NG interviews. Hailey had a bf I didn't know about. Hailey was talking with a boy. Hailey was seen with MB and a boy. Bloodhounds hit near the hotel.

Just wondering if LE had ever said the bloodhounds hit at the hotel, or if that just came from Billie.

TIA

I just came across the answer to your question when reading the article that amysmom (thank you!) linked for me about MB's mom.

Here's what they said:

"Widely-distributed reports that dogs had traced Hailey Dunn’s scent to a Colorado City hotel Dec. 31 were diminished by Kampfer, who called them “inaccurate” and the scents attributable to “any number of things.”

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

The affidavit states "with a break in usage".

Going up a few lines, they are referring to "Telephone records obtained by investigators show ADKINS' cellular phone was using Verizon cell tower number ...."

So, "break in usage" = break in using Verizon cell towers, or commonly known as "stopped pinging".

Right?

If cell phones ping when not in being used, SA had to know how to make it not ping if that is what is meant by "break in usage". I took it to mean he made no phone calls or texts during that time. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn