TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just read CD has said he's known BD for 20 years and he doesn't believe BD would ever harm Hailey,but as for SA,he's probably biting his tongue.

Here you go:

http://www.livedash.com/transcript/nancy_grace/5100/HLN/Tuesday_January_4_2011/542845/

00:02:54 If she was planning a sleepover, I don't really see that she would have dragged a bag along with her, but let's ask the mom.
00:03:03 Billi dunn is with us, joining us from colorado city, texas.
00:03:07 Miss dunn, when she would typically go for a sleepover, would she take a bag and take a lot of stuff with her?
00:03:12 >> Nothing ll.
00:03:13 >> Okay.
00:03:18 >> She would -- >> go ahead, dear.
00:03:21 >> She would just go over there with whatever was on her back, and wait until the next day to come home, brush her teeth, take a bath, freshen up.
00:03:28 >> Right.
00:03:29 Right.
00:03:29 That makes perfect sense to me.
00:03:30 So the fact that she did not take anything with her, that doesn't strike you as unusual.
00:03:38 >> Right.
That's why I'm getting worried that maybe my baby didn't leave on her own for this long amount of time.
00:03:45 >> Okay.

Thanks so much, ThoughtFox! :) It's 6 hours since you posted, and I just now got to your post. I just cannot fathom how y'all go to fast on these threads.

It seems more likely to me that a boy would go "come as you are" for an overnighter, but a teenage girl ... I just can't imagine!

Billie stated that she told her son to text Hailey at her friend's house, but Hailey didn't have a cell phone, so how could he text her? Did he text the friend, or did he just call the friend's house?

I'm looking at an earlier time frame for Hailey's "disappearance" rather than on Monday during the day. Billie's claim of looking in on Hailey before work sounded fabricated to me when she said it on NG's show. Also, that "I was at work" alibi is getting mighty old. Why Shawn went to work and turned around to leave is beyond me. Driving all that way for nothing seems extreme. Maybe he got there and decided he needed to get lost because someone might suspect something, maybe he was feeling jumpy and thought someone would notice. Maybe the body still needed to be gotten rid of and he was getting antsy.

It's like with Haleigh Cummings, was it done at home or was it done elsewhere? LE didn't seem to find evidence in either case inside the home. So where?

The Haleigh and Hailey cases are so similar and they are driving me crazy.

SA did leave his job abruptly on Monday morning, right? He claimed Hailey was going to a sleepover Monday night. Billie finds out about the "missing" girl on Tuesday and then finds out SA no longer had a job on Wednesday, right? Is that the correct timeline? I think I need to go to bed, my head is beginning to spin...

Hailey does mirror Haleigh's case
and we only really know for sure at this point is the 9pm sighting by Hailey's brother in the Living Room playing xbox games...

I keep thinking of the recent case where the bodies were hidden in the trunk of a tree. Out of all the cases I have followed in the past this would have to be the best place to hide a body if you didn't want it to be found. If they follow crime stories then they would have been aware of this recent one. Are there many large trees around the area?

I'm not local to CCity but this is West Texas and most trees would be hard pressed to hide a squirrel much less a human.

I keep thinking of the recent case where the bodies were hidden in the trunk of a tree. Out of all the cases I have followed in the past this would have to be the best place to hide a body if you didn't want it to be found. If they follow crime stories then they would have been aware of this recent one. Are there many large trees around the area?
mostly misquite trees here, theres a few but mostly in yards at homes. i dont know of any big enough for hiding a body though.

I am trying really hard to find where I saw this, however the Nana, CD's mom stated that even BD had come and spent some nights with her since SA had been living there "to get away from him for a little while"....honestly I heard her say that and I will continue to look. If I am correct that shows that even BD had her own "leary feelings" of him....Right now speculation and mind blown on my part but will continue to dig for where I saw that. If anyone has also heard this on video, please help me out.

IIRC she said it in a local press interview. She did say that, I am positive. I wondered why she didn't say that "they" came to stay with her (wouldn't BD take Hailey and DD out too?). Then I figured maybe the kids were already at Clint's house...

Hailey does mirror Haleigh's case
and we only really know for sure at this point is the 9pm sighting by Hailey's brother in the Living Room playing xbox games...

No,but watching movies in a dvd player,the number 3,10pm sleeping time and stepsister same,just really wierd,probably nothing to it,but wierd.

...a 13 year old BY HERSELF probably couldn't hide out this long. But with help? She could. They still haven't polygraphed the dad and he hasn't been on NG since that first night. Has he been on anything else? Maybe it's just wishful thinking...I hate that we might have another stupid mother who lets some fool live in her house with her children who does at least one of them harm. We've read that story one too many times.

Her father seems far too desperate to me, and he is searching on his own, even though he probably barely has gas money...driving around with his girlfriend and baby looking for Hailey...

No,but watching movies in a dvd player,the number 3,10pm sleeping time and stepsister same,just really wierd,probably nothing to it,but wierd.

And, SA calling BD his "fiancee" post-disappearance. Just another odd parallel to the Haleigh C case...

BBM--Thanks for posting this!!! It just reminded me of research I did for a class I took a few years ago on Violent Crime...

Sexual killers fall into two main categories:
--The rape or displaced anger murderer (Cohen et al., 1971)--Rapists who kill do so primarily to escape detection.
--The sadistic or lust murderer (Becker and Abel, 1978)--Sado-erotic materials at home are evidence of fantasy.

For the sadistic killer, aggression and sexuality become intertwined –whereby aggression becomes eroticized. The thinking of these killers is dominated by fantasies of power and control and often begins in childhood. Fantasy is the focus of their behavior and the killer is pushed to kill by their thought patterns. He is essentially incited to murder by an intrusive fantasy life. His early learning is that that violence against other humans is normal and "acceptable". Sadistic killers have an inherent sadistic nature with a fascination for violence, injury and torture. They enjoy fantasizing about doing sadistic things to fellow humans.

The sadistic killer, much like the chronic gambler and problem drinker, is addicted to the use of fantasy--a coping device.

Sexual predators, whether they kill or not, will escalate their activities over the course of their careers. Typically, they will start with violent sexual fantasies and progress to acting out their imagined scenes with both willing and unwilling partners.

Wow Great Post.... Thats what I meant....:goodpost:

DIXIEGIRL, here ya go......

Billie's mother-in-law Connie Jones said even after Billie separated from her son Clint Dunn, Billie still came to her house. "She was scared of him. She came over here and spent the night a night or two to get away from him," Jones said.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13833678

So let me get this straight. She was afraid because he stood in her doorway once staring at her, then she started shutting her door. Then she could see the shadow of his feet under the door. Is that right? And she was 11?
I have to say that a lot of 11 y.o.'s have a big imagination, and are easily scared. It does not prove one way or the other that he had any designs on her. If she never said he actually came into her room, or made any other moves on her, then I don't think that's all that ominous, but if she had real concerns, she should have told her mom. Maybe she did, and Billie didn't take it seriously. So, I would like to know if it continued after that, like recently. snip...

I hesitate to put this down to HD having a wild imagination. Afterall, this young immature guy who used to sleep over in their small home was admittedly obsessed with serial killers. He liked to role play as a killer and collected death masks. Why wouldn't her imagination run a bit wild?

I don't know.

It seems that last week he started to get angry and started taking things in his own hands following leads in Odessa. He started getting angry and separated from BD. He no longer is on NG when she's been on and that's a big thing, I think.

Once again, in the Horman case, we knew that Terri was being ousted and suspected as all of a sudden she wasn't in interviews. It was Desiree and Kaine, and often Tony too.

Could be, or could be that he didn't like just sitting still. "That situation" could refer to the media circus. But reporter didn't ask, or they left it vague on purpose (drama).

Most trees in this area are mesquites, and most of those are more like bushes, if there are any trees large enough for that type of thing, I'd be surprised....

you know, if SA and BD did follow true crime stories, it is quite possible that they are familiar with the Haleigh Cummings case. It may be why mom is so reluctant to discuss any drug usage. Afraid it may be used against her in the future.

Billie's mother-in-law Connie Jones said even after Billie separated from her son Clint Dunn, Billie still came to her house. "She was scared of him. She came over here and spent the night a night or two to get away from him," Jones said.

Thanks tehcloser for the NG and article links!!
:tyou:
This story came out early in the day and Nana Connie Jones appeared on NG that same night...

DIXIEGIRL, here ya go......

Thank you that was what I posted up thread and was trying to find the link to...:woohoo:

But in the area it is common to see piles of mesquite trees that have been cleared from pastures. IMO
yes there is piles of trees in pastures that have been cleared, but IMO if SA did hide her in a pile of mosquite he would have scratches from the thornes, they are full of thorns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne