TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else catch the pause when she was asked about ever doing street drugs? It was a pause then a "No."

Remember when Bill Clinton was asked about marijuana (a "street drug")? He definitely fudged the answer. The truth is, he (and probably BD) knew there was no official record* of them having done so (arrest or rehab), was reasonably sure nobody had photographed him or her doing so*, and that it had happened far enough in the past so as to be irrelevant to the present situation.

*In other words, whether true or false, it could not be proven/disproven.

Hailey Dunn's Siblings 1/16/11
http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23381

first interview I've seen with Naomi, Clint's girlfriend.

Thanks for the link, lynnb. Have to say that I was IMMEDIATELY struck by -

The difference in NS's demeanor verus SA's. NS seemed genuinely saddened and concerned. Meanwhile, the phrase "cat who ate the canary" quickly came to mind while watching SA's raw interviews...

"...and I believe Hailey loves me with all her heart." <smirk>

Suuuure she does Shawn. SURE she does. :rolleyes:

You never know about a maturity level of some people and how the get a long when it comes to age differences.
I still have not found what SA did all day on the 28th?

It's possible..but given that surely LE would follow up any credible lead..it could be something that CD heard (such as you said) and just wanted to check out himself or he is trying to keep himself as busy as possible to try and keep his mind from running away with him..and to feel like he's doing something positive...anything..:(

Right. I know my daughter had called in a tip a while back on some places that she knew SA knew of back in HS and wanted her to go w/ him on one occasion- she never went because she didn't feel comfortable going at night to an abandoned place to "see if it was haunted" but LE did follow up with her on to where the place was and everything. She hadn't heard back about it (she doesn't care, it let her mind rest a bit that she didn't keep quiet) but they were indeed interested in looking at the places. I would think if they knew of a possible sighting that they would immediately try to verify it. I know if it was me in his shoes, I would be a basketcase!!

My heart took a jump this morning and I thought for just a second, Hailey will never be found but I got ahold of myself. ESmart came home and went to college...and until we know any thing different, I am holding on to the hope that Hailey will go home and go to college.

I think that's where many of our minds go after a few weeks Truth. I SO hope that's not the case here. For the sake of argument for a minute take Billie out of the equation..since most believe that Shawn IS is involved... I worry because he had a good bit of time for disposal, as much as I hate typing that :( (we don't know exactly how much time since we can't be sure when she was last seen) Add to that..to me he seems to me to be pretty confident, though I can't explain why I feel that way. But when a POI acts that way, it just makes me feel like they ARE confident that someone won't be found..take Josh Powell for example..I believe he is totally confident that Susan's body will never be found because of how he disposed of her..same feeling here for me, sadly..

I really surprised that she doesn't have a warrant for writing a NSF check...and wonder why it would take her and her employer (according to her) 3 years to clear the matter up...WAY too many things here that make you go hmm..

OMG! Lots of people have NSF's, some frequently. Banks do give you a period of time to deposit enough money to cover the check, or the opportunity to go to the business and give them cash to cover the check, and banks also charge a NSF fee. I don't think they issue warrants for an arrest, unless you do not correct the 'mistake' in a certain period of time or it exceeds a certain amount, like maybe $200? Not certain, but I don't believe $60 would qualify.

Couple of years ago, I got about five notices of NSF's from our bank in the same day. I knew we still had enough in the account to cover every check we had written and then some, so I went straight to the bank, looked at the statement, and they tracked it back. Turns out that someone with an almost identical account number had made a big purchase over the phone, and the bank mistakenly took it out of our account. The account numbers were identical, except for the first number... ours began with a 0 and theirs began with 1. The bank made it good, and also refunded all the fees they had charged us. And apologized for their mistake.

Sometimes people are not aware of just how much money they have in their accounts, or they think they have enough and really don't. It's not criminal, it's just human error.

Right. I know my daughter had called in a tip a while back on some places that she knew SA knew of back in HS and wanted her to go w/ him on one occasion- she never went because she didn't feel comfortable going at night to an abandoned place to "see if it was haunted" but LE did follow up with her on to where the place was and everything. She hadn't heard back about it (she doesn't care, it let her mind rest a bit that she didn't keep quiet) but they were indeed interested in looking at the places. I would think if they knew of a possible sighting that they would immediately try to verify it. I know if it was me in his shoes, I would be a basketcase!!

I'm so glad your daughter called in the tip. I hope anyone else who knows about possible hideaways or remote areas that SA visited follows your daughter's example and calls them in. So many times people think something can't possibly be relevant, but it turns out to be of vital importance.

sgale, would you mind popping over to the SAR (search and rescue) thread? As a local, your insight would be incredibly helpful. It will take you a bit to read through the thread, but it will give you an idea of how they are thinking and working in terms of where to search.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125084"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125084[/ame]

I may have missed it, but I don't recall seeing any news about SA's grandma's house or hunting property being searched by Texas Rangers or any of the other involved agencies. Surely there would have been a search warrant attached to such a search, even if someone consented.

I find it creepy that SA is reported by searchers to sit outside his gramma's house watching the searchers. I could be wrong, but it seems like taunting, or even gloating to me. I think that SA's rich fantasy life in which he seems to enjoy planning or acting out a gruesome murder could indicate a tendancy to keep his "kill" nearby. Kind of like the way my cat, a natural born hunter, relishes his prey...playing with it and showing it off, trying to bring it inside the house. I think he would have taken her somewhere he liked to hang out; acting out his fantasies. If she is not on their land, I'll bet all or part of the crime scene is. JMO

Does anyone know if his family's property has been thoroughly searched... thouroughly enough even to find trace evidence?

Is something happening? NG show tonight ... about hit on landfill, cordoned off by police. Is this another one? Or is she just a bit behind??

QUESTION: Did BD and SA typically use anti-anxiety drugs? Or did they get them that night in anticipation of being polygraphed?

I very glad that she called it in..tell her she should be very proud of herself whether anything comes of it or not..she did the right thing. Most every case is a puzzle that LE has to solve and one never knows what piece they may hold EVEN IF it doesn't fit where they believe it may..we have no way to know what might be relevant..so it's always best to just call with ANY info...Often people don't, thinking that what that know isn't important..

Somewhere around here is the pdf file on BD's license revocation hearing. She had ample opportunity to rectify whatever the problem was.

But....nothing is her fault, of course. Hospitals fault, banks fault, etc.

:innocent::sick::innocent:

QUESTION: Did BD and SA typically use anti-anxiety drugs? Or did they get them that night in anticipation of being polygraphed?

Don't know about SA..Our poster here that is a friend of Billies said that she was prescribed the anti anxiety meds because of the stress of Hailey being missing. I haven't heard anything more than that myself though..

OMG! Lots of people have NSF's, some frequently. Banks do give you a period of time to deposit enough money to cover the check, or the opportunity to go to the business and give them cash to cover the check, and banks also charge a NSF fee. I don't think they issue warrants for an arrest, unless you do not correct the 'mistake' in a certain period of time or it exceeds a certain amount, like maybe $200? Not certain, but I don't believe $60 would qualify.

Couple of years ago, I got about five notices of NSF's from our bank in the same day. I knew we still had enough in the account to cover every check we had written and then some, so I went straight to the bank, looked at the statement, and they tracked it back. Turns out that someone with an almost identical account number had made a big purchase over the phone, and the bank mistakenly took it out of our account. The account numbers were identical, except for the first number... ours began with a 0 and theirs began with 1. The bank made it good, and also refunded all the fees they had charged us. And apologized for their mistake.

Sometimes people are not aware of just how much money they have in their accounts, or they think they have enough and really don't. It's not criminal, it's just human error.
The difference between your experience and BD's is that you acted upon it and got it cleared up. BTW, what happened to you has happened to me too.

BD didn't act upon it. She had to have gotten notices - both from the bank and the State licensing board. She has lived in that house for a long time - so moving or change of address could not be an excuse for not receiving the notices in the mail. She just didn't do anything.

Kinda like "if I don't think about it, it will go away". But it didn't and it cost her. Why didn't she act? IDK - the only one that does is BD and she just keeps deflecting.

JMHO

I may have missed it, but I don't recall seeing any news about SA's grandma's house or hunting property being searched by Texas Rangers or any of the other involved agencies. Surely there would have been a search warrant attached to such a search, even if someone consented.

I find it creepy that SA is reported by searchers to sit outside his gramma's house watching the searchers. I could be wrong, but it seems like taunting, or even gloating to me. I think that SA's rich fantasy life in which he seems to enjoy planning or acting out a gruesome murder could indicate a tendancy to keep his "kill" nearby. Kind of like the way my cat, a natural born hunter, relishes his prey...playing with it and showing it off, trying to bring it inside the house. I think he would have taken her somewhere he liked to hang out; acting out his fantasies. If she is not on their land, I'll bet all or part of the crime scene is. JMO

Does anyone know if his family's property has been thoroughly searched... thouroughly enough even to find trace evidence?

I remember reading that myself, but don't remember where or how thoroughly it was searched. Very creepy, if true regarding SA watching the searchers look for Hailey. Wonder what thoughts are going thru his mom and grandmoms mind. Didn't we hear that he is living w/Grandma now instead of mom..or am I just plain fried?

Breaking NEWS: According to HLN, cadaver dogs reportedly hit on a possible scent at a landfill now closed off by police during the search for missing 13-year-old cheerleader Hailey Dunn. Nancy Grace will be covering this tonight.

Is something happening? NG show tonight ... about hit on landfill, cordoned off by police. Is this another one? Or is she just a bit behind??

Looks as if it is live tonight, Monday 17th, 2011;

Breaking now -- cadaver dogs reportedly hit on a possible scent at a landfill now closed off by police during the search for missing 13-year-old cheerleader Hailey Dunn. Have investigators found the missing teen cheerleader's remains? Nancy Grace live on the scene at 8 pm ET only on HLN.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

Breaking NEWS: According to HLN, cadaver dogs reportedly hit on a possible scent at a landfill now closed off by police during the search for missing 13-year-old cheerleader Hailey Dunn. Nancy Grace will be covering this tonight.

I wonder if this is a different landfill than the one in Abilene? Or is NG just behind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers