TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an LVN- May will be 30 years and I know for a fact that they have NOT accepted checks since the late 90s for renewal. I found out the hard way- my license was due for renewal, I sent my check and about a month later, I got my check back with a letter stating that they do not accept personal checks, but I could pay via credit card or money order. By then, my license had technically lapsed so I paid my late fee, the original renewal fee (I'm due to renew this May actually) and submit my CEU's. My guess is BD didn't send in the renewal, seeing that she was licensed in 2004, well after the state quit accepting checks. Lack of CEU's is not an excuse- you get free CEU's from your employer and if you are like me and don't currently work as a nurse but wish to keep your licensure up to date, you can do some online CEU work and pay 30-60.00. Then, there is the issue of the hearing. I worked with a lady who let her licensure lapse and it was discovered by the hospital I was employed at. HR had done a license check online before JHACO made their visit and that was how she was found out. Well, the hospital turned it in, (CYA) and she had to pay her fine, a renewal fee and attend the MANDATORY state hearing, the same one that BD has claimed somewhere that she didn't have to attend. That's bs because in the notices you are informed that it is mandatory! So, how exactly she was discovered, who knows, but IMHO, if she is willing to decieve her employer, patients and public about something as serious as her licensure status, I'm not sure what she will lie about. Remember, all this is what I know from being an LVN for nearly 30 years and what I feel, NOT what has happened in BD's case!!

Thank you! I've been asking about all of that...Very interesting and pretty much what I suspected..

according to Billie it didn't happen at all..go figure.. It seems as though she would have us believe that everything that everyone (including LE) has said has been a lie..except her of course..

Another great saying.....There are 2 sides to every story, then there's the Truth. ;)

I think I've posted my feelings about the nursing license revocation prior and while it has no bearing on Hailey's disappearance, I think it does speak very highly of Billie Dunn's character. If you are willing to put patient safety on the line by practicing on an expired license for WHATEVER reason, you will do just about anything. Do you realize what would or could have happened if a patient she was caring for during that period of time died or was injured by giving a wrong medication, etc.? This wasn't just a few week period she was without her license, it was for months and months. Not to mention the fact that she took a really wonderful career that would have supported her family much better than on a CNA's salary and basically flushed it down the toilet.

I can't believe that a parent wouldn't open up their lives to LE if their child went missing and they had nothing to do with it. Why all the games? It's like Jonathan Foster's mother lying to LE about the babysitter. Put it all out there so LE can have all the facts to help find the child. All this delay with the last time Hailey was seen, the lies about their drug use, etc., etc., etc., could have caused hampered the early investigation into Hailey's disappearance. At the time, given what LE was told by Billie Dunn, it is very possible that LE thought Hailey was a runaway. I just can't fault LE here because, again, just like Jonathan's case, accurate and truthful information was not provided from the beginning. I think LE has had to play catch up the entire time that Hailey has been missing and it's caused serious problems for them.

~JMO~

So it sounds like Billie used her cell phone before she left for work. She left for work about 6:20AM, so who do you think she spoke to before then? IMO, maybe the co-worker giving her a ride to work that morning or maybe Shawn. If she spoke to Shawn, I wonder if that is one of the 3 calls he deleted from his cell phone list that may have conflicted with what he told investigators, and if it was before 6AM or after 6:10AM?

Listen starting about 4:55…

Billie: Monday morning on the 27th before I left to work, I used the phone here in the house, but I left the cell phone here. Shawn has his cell phone with him. So that’s all I know is that my cell phone should have been here all day long.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/raw-video-mother-billie-jean-dunn-speaks-out-about/

Just noted that Billie and Shawn voluntarily surrendered their cell phones on January 4th and Shawn’s cell phone account is under his mother CW’s name, so she may have been paying his cell phone bill.

Page 11
Samsung SCH-U380 Model 360P Cellular Telephone, MEDI Hex number A0000023CDDDE86 (Voluntarily surrendered by Billie Jean Dunn on 01/04/2011).

Page 22
PRD – 20975 – 002 BlackBerry 8530 RCL21GW, MEID DEC : 268435458811993069, PESN HEX :804894FB, MEID HEX :A000001C86FFED (Voluntarily surrendered by Shawn Casey Adkins on 01/04/2011).

Page 27
The telephone number involved and that belongs to CW, and was used by the victim’s mother live in boyfriend, Shawn Casey Adkins. The described number is *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX and is an account held with service provider Cellco Corporation DBA as Verizon Wireless.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/link.asp?L=471989

I think this may be one more thing she's changed her story on--LE says that they were both threatened, then she says it was only her (it was on our local news, a voice-over--I remember thinking "So what if it was only you"), and now we can all stop worring about it because she says it never happened!

Adrienne-that's exactly my problem! I can't tell you how many times I, myself, would double and triple check myself when a patient of mine would pass- it's not that I had anything to worry about with my abilities as a nurse, but I would always make sure that I did everything I could to keep my patients alive. It's not just that she was breaking the law by practicing without a license, but her behavior put everyone she worked with, the hospital and herself at risk for lawsuits! I have been saying all along, if you will do that, there is no telling what else you will do when pushed up against a wall. People do the craziest thing when they feel that their world is in danger of falling apart.

The first thread started in this case seems to indicate otherwise. Czgtz told us that Billie couldn't read or post because she had no computer, and there was no delay between the time it was posted here that NG's producer wanted to speak with a family member and Billie going on the show the next day.

As a matter of fact, when area tv stations covered the first vigil, Billie stepped up to make a personal plea for Hailey's return. Everyone on the thread was asking who the man was who stood with her because he did not speak. That man turned out to be Clint. I'm not criticizing Clint, just pointing out that Billie was the only one of them to speak at first and did not delay or hesitate, as your post seems to suggest.

Clint may not be the type to go before the camera, but the poor guy has done everything else conceivable. Out of the two, IMO, he's acting more appropriate for the situation. He's acting like the parent of a missing child. Billi....not so much.

Another great saying.....There are 2 sides to every story, then there's the Truth. ;)

Very true! Except I always heard it "there are 2 sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in the middle" Either way, it would be much easier to believe Billie's truth was closer to that middle than I believe it is if she didn't say EVERYONE is lying, not just LE and has no explanation for why they would..jmo..:wink:..

Okay, I have been on here, not commenting until today, since the start of this case. My daughter, my family and myself are all born and raised Snyder- most of my family still lives in Snyder actually, so this case hits close to home. My daughter actually went to HS and was a friend of sorts to SA..but never knew that side of him. If she had-there would be NO way that she would have ever spoken to him, much less giving him a ride to his Grandmother's in Dunn or taken him to lunch with her and her friends when he didn't have a ride to lunch.

Anyways, we had been wondering why CD was going to Odessa to follow up on the lead he had gotten about a possible HD sighting. Did LE not feel that it was a valid sighting and he decided to take it upon himself to follow up the lead? My daughter did some sleuthing of SA's friends and one of the "men" in the video lives in Odessa...so if CD knew that would that possibly give more credence to him making the trip?

The question that really matters to me for Billie is "where is Hailey?".

If Billie doesn't know the answer to that question, then I think there are only 2 questions that Billie can answer that might help find Hailey. Maybe Cz can asker her:

1. What was going on in the house on 12/26 p.m. (what were SA, BD and HD doing)? How was the mood? Any conflicts after DD left the house? Anything unusual occur? This was the last night Hailey was seen, anywhere.

2. What did Shawn tell Billie he was doing from about 6:30 to 7:15 a.m. on Monday 12/27 when his cell puts him back in Colorado City? How about all day Tuesday 12/28? Surely, she would have asked him what he was doing the day Hailey allegedly went missing and on the day she was reported missing, once she learned he had walked off the job. Even if she didn't suspect him, she'd want to know as much as she could from the last person who saw Hailey as the spring board for where to search. We know what he allegedly told her Hailey said, but what was he doing on the 27th and 28th when he was supposed to be working? If I were Billie and didn't suspect SA, I'd at least ask him the details of what he was doing in hopes he'd recollect something that may hold a clue.

I'm still hoping for runaway (and abduction by someone unknown is still a remote possibility), but Billie continually saying that "it's not feeling good, I don't think I'm gonna get to hold my daughter in my arms again" is making it hard for me to hold on to that hope. I've rarely seen mothers give up so soon; they usually hold out hope until a body is found or a very solid perp is arrested.

Ps. If I were Clint and I was very suspicious of Billie and/or SA, I wouldn't say so in the media. I wouldn't want people to assume Hailey was dead and stop keeping an eye out for her. I'd be tracking down all leads and putting up flyers wherever I could, hoping beyond hope that my suspicions were unwarranted, just as he is doing now.

I think this may be one more thing she's changed her story on--LE says that they were both threatened, then she says it was only her, and now we can all stop worring about it because she says it never happened!

I know! She wants help finding her daughter she says...and I am not accusing her of anything at this point..but I dang sure have to wonder at this point..is she?...IMO she thinks she's going through the 'appropriate steps' publicly in her mind...but to me and I know others totally disagree and that's fine :) I'm just not feeling true heartfelt emotion from her in anything she says..I'm sorry, I'm just not. I also know in every case where emotion or lack of it comes up it's blamed by many on the fact that some people just don't show emotion..so I am well aware of that too, but I just can't chalk it up to that every time..imo that's the exception rather than the rule..

She probably left the cell phone for the kids for the long distance. I don't think Snyder is a local call from CC. So, the kids could use the cell phone minutes to call BD if needed. Even if they had a land line, they may not have purchased long distance for it.

I believe that CC is a local call from Snyder- when my daughter graduated from HS in 02, I think there was an artice in the Snyder paper that they were making it a local call due to the volume of calls between Snyder and CCity.

My daughter did some sleuthing of SA's friends and one of the "men" in the video lives in Odessa...so if CD knew that would that possibly give more credence to him making the trip?

Could be, could be--sounds like a good theory to me. Those videos are sick to the extreme--the leather mask he was wearing with the bars over the mouth and eyes especially gave me the creeps--uggggh.

i know a lot of people are saying the license issue doesn't really mean anything as far as this case goes, but I've been doing some research and something doesn't seem right.
for failure to pay it should have been a lapsed license.
and also seems to be a big difference between suspended and revoked licenses
http://nursinglink.monster.com/benefits/articles/4771-10-ways-to-lose-your-nursing-license

I think her friend said her check bounced, and she continued to work even though they suspended her license for non-renewal... then didn't show up at the hearing to reinstate it, so they revoked it permanently.
I am wondering why the state board would not require a money order, or a credit or debit card to renew the nursing license, rather than accept a personal check. A check takes 2-3 weeks to clear, so if she was too close to the deadline for renewal... that's pretty risky.
When I renewed my hairdresser's license every year, I sent money orders, never tried to send a check, but I always sent in the renewal in plenty of time. When I did finally let it lapse, on purpose, I was notified that I had 5 years in which I could pay a fine and get it reinstated, with the fine increasing every year... after that I would have to retake the state board.
I first thought it was 2 years, but in thinking back I believe the limit was 5 years. Anyway... I wonder if Billie could be allowed to retake the state board, or if that is not an option. Seems such a shame to lose one's nursing license over such a little matter as a bounced check!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

GRACE: To Billie Dunn. Billie, at first she tells cops she is a great little girl, then says she is promiscuous. Why would he say something like that?

DUNN: Right.

GRACE: How did he speak about her to you?

DUNN: Well, how dare him say that in the first place, but he told me, I`ve done a wonderful job with my kids.

Why is it all about how she is perceived? She definitely did not answer NG's question.

If BD has nothing to hide I hope she's taken the advice from Marshall and is being forthcoming in her communications to the LE:

MARSHALL: Well, I think there are so many details that are missing. She is not sharing her theories about what happened between Shawn and the child. How did he talk about this child? Did he talk about her like she was a bad little girl or promiscuous like he said to the police or was he fond and adoring of her?

Did he make accusations against her? Was he jealous of her time and attention with the mother or the mother`s time and attention to him? What was the deal with illicit drugs? Was she going along with him or was he going along with her? Who was the ringleader in this situation? And finally, was there a place far away that he romanticized that could be a possible dump site for a body?

Did he like to go camping? Was there a place he was frequenting lately? Because people who commit child homicide always -- often confess in advance as to where they`re going to place the body.

Okay, I have been on here, not commenting until today, since the start of this case. My daughter, my family and myself are all born and raised Snyder- most of my family still lives in Snyder actually, so this case hits close to home. My daughter actually went to HS and was a friend of sorts to SA..but never knew that side of him. If she had-there would be NO way that she would have ever spoken to him, much less giving him a ride to his Grandmother's in Dunn or taken him to lunch with her and her friends when he didn't have a ride to lunch.

Anyways, we had been wondering why CD was going to Odessa to follow up on the lead he had gotten about a possible HD sighting. Did LE not feel that it was a valid sighting and he decided to take it upon himself to follow up the lead? My daughter did some sleuthing of SA's friends and one of the "men" in the video lives in Odessa...so if CD knew that would that possibly give more credence to him making the trip?

It's possible..but given that surely LE would follow up any credible lead..it could be something that CD heard (such as you said) and just wanted to check out himself or he is trying to keep himself as busy as possible to try and keep his mind from running away with him..and to feel like he's doing something positive...anything..:(

I so confused about the phones! in the raw interview she said I used the home phone in the morning and left my cell phone for the kids.

I pretty sure I heard that right:banghead: my first thought was now there land line?

She said she used the cell phone from home before she went to work and then left it there for the kids to use.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

Why is it all about how she is perceived? She definitely did not answer NG's question.

If BD has nothing to hide I hope she's taken the advice from Marshall and is being forthcoming in her communications to the LE:

It's interesting really...I've heard that she can't possibly be involved in any way because she is pretty, she is soft spoken, she doesn't seem to be that kind of person, a mom couldn't do something like this, she went on NG when she didn't have to (as have many guilty parties) etc..and every lie she has been caught in justified in some manner. It may turn out that she didn't have anything to do with her daughter's disappearance and I truly hope that is the case, but it won't be because of any of the reasons above I don't believe..:waitasec:..but sometimes you just can't see the forest for the trees. I don't want to see her 'fall apart' but it sure would make me feel a little more positive if she had taken any of the opportunities that were met with silence to speak to Hailey or plea for her return...

I know! She wants help finding her daughter she says...and I am not accusing her of anything at this point..but I dang sure have to wonder at this point..is she?...IMO she thinks she's going through the 'appropriate steps' publicly in her mind...but to me and I know others totally disagree and that's fine :) I'm just not feeling true heartfelt emotion from her in anything she says..I'm sorry, I'm just not. I also know in every case where emotion or lack of it comes up it's blamed by many on the fact that some people just don't show emotion..so I am well aware of that too, but I just can't chalk it up to that every time..imo that's the exception rather than the rule..

I'm starting to feel this same way--I REALLY want to believe her--her daughter's gone, for God's sake--but she does seem to be trying to just go through the motions of what would make her look like she had nothing to do with it or doesn't know anything. I don't know what to think--maybe her drug use has really affected her mind more than you would think, or maybe she subconciously knows he's guilty, and is trying as hard as she can to not fully realize this so she won't feel overwhelmed with guilt for bringing him into the house.

What puzzles me is why someone who was still young and fairly good-looking would want someone as obviously maladjusted as this kid is--yeah, it may be nice to have a younger boyfriend (my husband and I are the same difference in age as SA and BD are), but goodness, I'm sure she could have done MUCH better than him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx