TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe BD. Initially, didn't LE try to classify Hailey as a runaway? If so, BD could have held back and done nothing further to find her child. Isn't SHE the one who called in the Texas Rangers and demanded public attention for Hailey?

As for a New Year's Eve party, I wouldn't call an aunt, uncle and family members a "party." However, I can sure see why somone like SA would want to have a few drinks. He obviously had a lot to hide. Did anyone notice how he smiled in the NG interviews? WTH? What was so amusing to this man?

It appears that BD has made many mistakes and she's having to pay for them in the worst possible way. I'm sure she realizes her mistakes, yet she keeps putting herself out there to find her daughter.

Geez, these threads are moving at the speed of light!

BBM. We have been finding out that it was more her friends and Clint who took the initiative on that.

My daughter will often say she is going to so-and-so's, and then, before she leaves, use the bathroom, grab a water bottle and maybe throw some things together to take. She may even have a bag ready, so she can grab it and go. ASSUMING SHAWN TOLD THE TRUTH, he was probably face to face with her when she said where she was going, but did not watch her walk out the door. My daughter and her friends trade clothes sometimes, and she buys things for herself, so I would be hard pressed to say that she was wearing a particular shirt based on it being absent from her room.

Yes, my DD's did the same. I would not have been able to go in their rooms (not much need to check closets as most of their clothes were in the floor) and verify what was there or missing and added
to because of the girls sharing clothes with friends. So yes, I do KWYM.

Do we have any cell ping maps yet?

Yes, in the SAR thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125084"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

and as lillys said czgtz, I don't want to come off as disrespectful either..In my post to you last night I meant what I said. I'll go find it and post it again because I still stand by it, but there is just no way that ANYONE will convince me that LE lied in those search warrants. They know they would NEVER get away with it and everything they have learned goes down the drain. Unless it is the ultimate incompetency of LE in a high profile case then Billie is lying..plain and simple..

my previous post to czgtz..I truly wish you nothing but the best...
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #25

With all due respect, this particular police department has been thru some serious trouble in the past year, losing it's chief and other senior officers and being left with an interim chief and a "handfull" of officers. There are hardly enough of them to cover shifts 24/7 and still have a day off. I don't see how they could even cover shifts for vacations or time for on-going training, (which is standard in fully staffed, well-run departments).

The affadavit itself contradicts LE's claim that they never discuss LDT results with the subject of the test and confuses Dunn's test by calling it Atkins'.
I would normally agree that an LE affadavit is pretty darn reliable. In this particular case, there are plenty of reasons to question that reliability.

All of this is my opinion, based upon the evidence we have at this time.

I'm not local to CCity but this is West Texas and most trees would be hard pressed to hide a squirrel much less a human.

Ain't it the truth!! Trees in some parts are few and far between... and scraggly to boot!

there are so many old farm home places that have old cisterns in them that are 20-50 feet deep ! There was a case a few years ago in a nearby town where a perp killed a husband, and they threw him down that cistern, and it was a while before he was found, can't remember if someone ratted or it was found by accident by land owner. IMO

What happened was an oilfield worker had been working in Fluvanna and he said he felt "drawn" to this old abandoned house and he had some time one day and decided to go walking around it to see what, if anything, was left in the home...then he noticed the cistern well and went to see if it actually had any water in it...that's when he found the body. A man I went to high school with actually was the one who had to go into the well to get the man's body out!

SmoothOperator

But you know who I would really like to speak with and definitely get her insight and opinion..is that Priscilla Luong..she's the one thats talking to them in these raw videos as well as she is the one that seems that Billie is still most comfortable with and has her in their home quite frequently...

I get the feeling that shes gained Billie's trust in a way...

She would be someone that would be COMPLETELY UNBIASED AND WOULD HAVE AN OBJECTIVE VIEW ON THE SITUATION..

I would really like to hear what her views, opinions. and just what she'd have to say...

If she came out in support of Billie, people would still disagree, and if she came out against Billie, she'd no longer have the insider's perspective she enjoys now.

My heart took a jump this morning and I thought for just a second, Hailey will never be found but I got ahold of myself. ESmart came home and went to college...and until we know any thing different, I am holding on to the hope that Hailey will go home and go to college.

[snipped] For example: “BD was found to be under the influence of narcotics.” Does this mean she shot up heroin, or maybe she took a sedative for anxiety? BIG DIFFERENCE!

[snipped]

It doesn't really matter to me whether they are using traditional "street drugs" or prescription drugs. Drugs are drugs. And Ativan is actually a "street drug" now, too.

I have suspected all along that "under the influence of narcotics" probably meant the benzodiazepines BD admitted to taking. Highly addictive. My own doctor won't prescribe them, ever, to anyone because they are so dangerous. Dollars to donuts they weren't even BD's Rx.

Was also wondering why her license had been suspended ! Was it non renewel, or just for got to renew them. If suspened, reason?????

I am an LVN- May will be 30 years and I know for a fact that they have NOT accepted checks since the late 90s for renewal. I found out the hard way- my license was due for renewal, I sent my check and about a month later, I got my check back with a letter stating that they do not accept personal checks, but I could pay via credit card or money order. By then, my license had technically lapsed so I paid my late fee, the original renewal fee (I'm due to renew this May actually) and submit my CEU's. My guess is BD didn't send in the renewal, seeing that she was licensed in 2004, well after the state quit accepting checks. Lack of CEU's is not an excuse- you get free CEU's from your employer and if you are like me and don't currently work as a nurse but wish to keep your licensure up to date, you can do some online CEU work and pay 30-60.00. Then, there is the issue of the hearing. I worked with a lady who let her licensure lapse and it was discovered by the hospital I was employed at. HR had done a license check online before JHACO made their visit and that was how she was found out. Well, the hospital turned it in, (CYA) and she had to pay her fine, a renewal fee and attend the MANDATORY state hearing, the same one that BD has claimed somewhere that she didn't have to attend. That's bs because in the notices you are informed that it is mandatory! So, how exactly she was discovered, who knows, but IMHO, if she is willing to decieve her employer, patients and public about something as serious as her licensure status, I'm not sure what she will lie about. Remember, all this is what I know from being an LVN for nearly 30 years and what I feel, NOT what has happened in BD's case!!

BBM. We have been finding out that it was more her friends and Clint who took the initiative on that.

The first thread started in this case seems to indicate otherwise. Czgtz told us that Billie couldn't read or post because she had no computer, and there was no delay between the time it was posted here that NG's producer wanted to speak with a family member and Billie going on the show the next day.

As a matter of fact, when area tv stations covered the first vigil, Billie stepped up to make a personal plea for Hailey's return. Everyone on the thread was asking who the man was who stood with her because he did not speak. That man turned out to be Clint. I'm not criticizing Clint, just pointing out that Billie was the only one of them to speak at first and did not delay or hesitate, as your post seems to suggest.

BBM - This is true. One has the right to not incriminate themselves. If in fact she did admit this to LE at some point she didn't have to then either.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law"....lil snip from Miranda, although I doubt she was read her Miranda Rights due to her being there voluntarily and not in custody.
Yes, you have the right to remain silent. Even when speaking to the media. Better to say, "That's not the issue at hand...the issue at hand is FINDING MY DAUGHTER" rather than lying to the media. If a person will lie about one thing, they will lie about another. So rather than lie, just don't answer!

I am an LVN- May will be 30 years and I know for a fact that they have NOT accepted checks since the late 90s for renewal. I found out the hard way- my license was due for renewal, I sent my check and about a month later, I got my check back with a letter stating that they do not accept personal checks, but I could pay via credit card or money order. By then, my license had technically lapsed so I paid my late fee, the original renewal fee (I'm due to renew this May actually) and submit my CEU's. My guess is BD didn't send in the renewal, seeing that she was licensed in 2004, well after the state quit accepting checks. Lack of CEU's is not an excuse- you get free CEU's from your employer and if you are like me and don't currently work as a nurse but wish to keep your licensure up to date, you can do some online CEU work and pay 30-60.00. Then, there is the issue of the hearing. I worked with a lady who let her licensure lapse and it was discovered by the hospital I was employed at. HR had done a license check online before JHACO made their visit and that was how she was found out. Well, the hospital turned it in, (CYA) and she had to pay her fine, a renewal fee and attend the MANDATORY state hearing, the same one that BD has claimed somewhere that she didn't have to attend. That's bs because in the notices you are informed that it is mandatory! So, how exactly she was discovered, who knows, but IMHO, if she is willing to decieve her employer, patients and public about something as serious as her licensure status, I'm not sure what she will lie about. Remember, all this is what I know from being an LVN for nearly 30 years and what I feel, NOT what has happened in BD's case!!

Welcome...great first post!

They do offer check payment when submitting renewal via mail...possibly not online? The attached renewal form states:

"Make check payable to the Texas Board of Nursing."

http://www.bne.state.tx.us/olv/pdfs/renewlvn.pdf

It doesn't really matter to me whether they are using traditional "street drugs" or prescription drugs. Drugs are drugs. And Ativan is actually a "street drug" now, too.

I have suspected all along that "under the influence of narcotics" probably meant the benzodiazepines BD admitted to taking. Highly addictive. My own doctor won't prescribe them, ever, to anyone because they are so dangerous. Dollars to donuts they weren't even BD's Rx.
Yes, anything purchased illegally...on the street...is a street drug. And I think this is one of those BD semantics things again...I'm not using "illegal drugs" because we purchased drugs that can be obtained through a prescription...never mind they purchased them off the street without a prescription for them.

Yes, you have the right to remain silent. Even when speaking to the media. Better to say, "That's not the issue at hand...the issue at hand is FINDING MY DAUGHTER" rather than lying to the media. If a person will lie about one thing, they will lie about another. So rather than lie, just don't answer!

Mom???? My Mother, in her infinate wisdom, said the same (BBM). She also had this to say, "If you lie, you'll cheat and if you cheat, you'll steal". As a teen I would roll my eyes (not to her face, she would have slapped my eyeballs out of their sockets) but as an adult, I know truer words were never spoken.

OT A posse?I love Texas,I only hear of posses in old Westerns. :)

Yep... we even have a sheriff's posse here in east Tx. They do search for the missing, and have found a number of them around here over the years. They also ride in parades. :rocker:

From what I've read, LE said that SA threatened the lives of HD and BD last February--but I think they've only been living togethjer for the last 4 months--so that means they were "dating" when the threats were made, I assume--it sounds to me like this one incident alone should have been a major indicator that he wasn't a good person to have around her kids or herself--

I know BD says he only threatened her life, but still......that should have been more than bad enough. Does anyone know why he threatened her and/or Hailey at that time--like what his "reason" was?

With all due respect, this particular police department has been thru some serious trouble in the past year, losing it's chief and other senior officers and being left with an interim chief and a "handfull" of officers. There are hardly enough of them to cover shifts 24/7 and still have a day off. I don't see how they could even cover shifts for vacations or time for on-going training, (which is standard in fully staffed, well-run departments).

The affadavit itself contradicts LE's claim that they never discuss LDT results with the subject of the test and confuses Dunn's test by calling it Atkins'.
I would normally agree that an LE affadavit is pretty darn reliable. In this particular case, there are plenty of reasons to question that reliability.

All of this is my opinion, based upon the evidence we have at this time.

I would be able to entertain that possibility if the FBI or Texas Rangers were not also involved in this case. Unless of course, they were not at this point?

The statement regarding the LD tests is the only thing about the affadavits that gave me pause for a moment. But I still believe that there is more to that story and we just aren't privy to it..I would not doubt that LE may have told Billie that she or SA failed a poly during interrogations just to see their reactions. But what purpose would it serve them to tell Billie right before her LD that SA failed? Of course that could throw her off..I can't believe that their whole purpose was for Billie to fail and imo that's what they would be doing.. :waitasec:..

I don't remember exactly who it was that said Billie was told that SA failed right before she took hers? Can someone refresh my memory about that and regarding if the FBI and Texas Rangers were on this case at the time the LD were administered?

From what I've read, LE said that SA threatened the lives of HD and BD last February--but I think they've only been living togethjer for the last 4 months--so that means they were "dating" when the threats were made, I assume--it sounds to me like this one incident alone should have been a major indicator that he wasn't a good person to have around her kids or herself--

I know BD says he only threatened her life, but still......that should have been more than bad enough. Does anyone know why he threatened her and/or Hailey at that time--like what his "reason" was?

according to Billie it didn't happen at all..go figure.. It seems as though she would have us believe that everything that everyone (including LE) has said has been a lie..except her of course..

All I know is I've never had a NSF, any of that and I had the letter, well that is until, my daughter decided that she needed to come home and organize my files. In any event, the state of Texas sent me that letter, with my check that wasn't even endorsed and I just had to do the small late fee and such. My daughter thinks that maybe they didn't take a check because at the time I wasn't currently using my licensure, just keeping it updated incase I ever decide to go back and work as a nurse- that is after I retire from teaching. Anyways, BD knew the check had been returned, so where is the alternative form of payment? She knew with a NSF check, the fee hadn't been paid so therefore her license was not renewed...just strange. LVN school is a year of tuition, time and everything just to let it go-that is strange to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx