TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only speak for Georgia. I have been am LPN since 1988. LPNs are not required to do CEUs to keep our license current. RN BSN and MDs are. To my knowledge this is still the same as I have not worked for the last 3 years. My license however is still valid in tje event that I ever return.
*android posted please excuse typos

i am pretty sure that all of the above must keep their CPR/First Aid certifications etc all up to date

i know students of mine that as well must complete various training which includes WHIMIS etc

to any nurses that are here....do you have to physically take classes for your CE or can you do it online? and what are the costs?

You can do it online...I do mine online...for free.

When I was still practicing nursing (actively) and working in hospital setting, I always had more than enough, simply from the inservices provided for / to hospital. Now, since I only "nurse" enough to keep my license active, I have to do mine online...but I'm a cheapy so I go for the free ones...there are plenty of them online.

Texas requires LVN's to have 20 CEU's, payment between 55 - 115 and practice as nurse w/in 4 years. It's all in the link I provided in my previous 2 posts tonight.

crimejunkie,

I take no offense to your post. You have very good points, and I respect your opinion.

I did not mean to say that LE lied in their sworn affidavits. I do not think that they did. I did say that called Billie a liar to MSM by saying that they did not tell her that she failed or that deception was indicated. And they very well may be doing what they can to 'break her'.

I also did not mean to imply that LE lied in the affidavits when I said that they took the word of a liar. I only meant that if some of the statements used in the affidavits were given by SA, who very much looks like he is lying about a great deal, then perhaps too much stock is being put into them (not by LE, but by the public). Again, while I realize that the affidavits are sworn testimony of what an officer believes to be true, for what ever reason (interrogations, investigations, etc.) some people take them to be gospel.

My main point was to point out that by LE calling Billie a liar over the whole polygraph issue, and by going by statements given to them by SA, it seems that one of the tactics is to discredit Billie.

I really wish it was earlier, and my brain was working a little better, because for the life of me, I can't seem to put into words the point I am trying to get across. But I do agree with you that I cannot see LE lying in a sworn affidavit...... to the media though, absolutely.

Maybe tomorrow we can continue this discussion.

Thanks CZ for considering my points and taking the time to respond. I do have a better understanding of what you were saying now. You are right it is late (or early!) and I feel ya about not functioning at the highest level at this time of night/morning. :) Me too!! Hopefully when we continue this conversation we'll have more concrete information to go. Thanks again. Hope you can get some sleep tonight.

I can almost see how SA may have done some discrediting of Billie, which the police then used to try and corner her into a confession if they were trying to rule her out. He seems like the type who would say they went to get illegal drugs even if BD had gotten, for example, a family member's medications.

Honestly, it would not surprise me if there was no report filed on the Feb. incident. Depending on what it is, sometimes cops just don't feel like doing the paperwork if they feel it's no big deal (not here to debate the issues, just stating the facts). This might explain why nobody has produced more information on it?

pondering mind,

If I find out for a fact that Billie called the police and reported that SA threatened her and Hailey, then I am going to have to have a serious talk with her. And to be perfectly honest, I think it would just about shatter me. Because if she is lying to me about this, at this point in time..... I just can't even think about what that might mean, not only in terms of our friendship, but about everything else she is telling me

I am sure that you, along with many others, think that I am just blindly believing Billie. I am not, and I am also not stupid, nor do I consider myself to be gullible. I understand that there are many 'hinky' things about this case.

I will say this though - even if I did find out that Billie was, for whatever reason, lying to me, I would still not believe that she has any knowledge of what has happened to Hailey. And while I might not continue to defend her on anything else, I would defend her on that point.

Can any of the verified nurses on here do a little write up on:
Different types of nurses/lic. (no need to go too far and specific in breaking down)
Amount of education required
Lic. renewal timing for each
Continuing education for each

TIA (I think once this is done, we should stick it in a sticky or a blog or something for handy reference for all cases it might pertain to)

i am pretty sure that all of the above must keep their CPR/First Aid certifications etc all up to date

i know students of mine that as well must complete various training which includes WHIMIS etc

CPR - yes. First Aid- no. Tb test,yearly employee physical.... and employer has monthly refresher quizzes that must be submitted for grading as well as monthly "lunch.and.learns"... (most of that is required) to.receive your yearly salary increase.

I can almost see how SA may have done some discrediting of Billie, which the police then used to try and corner her into a confession if they were trying to rule her out. He seems like the type who would say they went to get illegal drugs even if BD had gotten, for example, a family member's medications.

I do not doubt that SA would twist things to put anyone in a bad light or to take the heat of himself, including BD. However, regarding the illegal narcotics--the affidavit says that BD "volunteered" the information. I doubt she said it outright to them, but I think she likely told them when they asked. It certainly could have been SA who tipped them off about it though in an attempt to make her look bad.

Honestly, it would not surprise me if there was no report filed on the Feb. incident. Depending on what it is, sometimes cops just don't feel like doing the paperwork if they feel it's no big deal (not here to debate the issues, just stating the facts). This might explain why nobody has produced more information on it?

I listen to our police scanner sometimes and i hear a lot "10-8 no report"
Which means the cops checked out the situation and are back in service without doing any paperwork on whatever was going on. Sometimes it's a domestic that has calmed down by the time the cop arrived, sometimes it's a simple as the cop asking one of the parties to leave for the night and they do.

I'm calling it a night.

Everyone please remember that this about Hailey, and bringing her home. Please continue to keep Hailey in your prayers, and ask God to keep His hand on her, and on all those who love her.

The Feb. incident report, if one was filed, should be available under open records, much like the affidavits that were released. Perhaps a news reporter working this story can drop down to the records office and pick one up or someone local can stop down and get a copy.

Wouldn't the 911 call tape be available too? That would tell us a lot, who called and what they called about...debit card or threats?

pondering mind,

If I find out for a fact that Billie called the police and reported that SA threatened her and Hailey, then I am going to have to have a serious talk with her. And to be perfectly honest, I think it would just about shatter me. Because if she is lying to me about this, at this point in time..... I just can't even think about what that might mean, not only in terms of our friendship, but about everything else she is telling me

I am sure that you, along with many others, think that I am just blindly believing Billie. I am not, and I am also not stupid, nor do I consider myself to be gullible. I understand that there are many 'hinky' things about this case.

I will say this though - even if I did find out that Billie was, for whatever reason, lying to me, I would still not believe that she has any knowledge of what has happened to Hailey. And while I might not continue to defend her on anything else, I would defend her on that point.

You are a good friend girl and I think many of us here would consider ourselves truly blessed to have someone like you in our lives..I know I would. I think you are far from stupid, as a matter of fact you seem quite the opposite. Unfortunately even those of us that aren't gullible can be fooled especially when emotions come into play, whether it's a friend, child, spouse, etc. I truly hope that is not the case here, but like I said I worry about you if it is. You HAVE to promise that you will come back and talk to us if anything of the sort turns out to be true...not for I told you so's, you won't hear that here..because we care..and there are places here that we 'talk' that you have to be a member to be able to read..so it wouldn't be like this..out in front of everyone...

I'm calling it a night as well..or morning, I'm on the east coast, so it's only 4:22 in the morning :crazy:...Hoping for good news tomorrow....Nite all.

Can any of the verified nurses on here do a little write up on:
Different types of nurses/lic. (no need to go too far and specific in breaking down)
Amount of education required
Lic. renewal timing for each
Continuing education for each

TIA (I think once this is done, we should stick it in a sticky or a blog or something for handy reference for all cases it might pertain to)

Not sure which texas nurses we have verified...but feeling the nudge...I will get verified and combine my posts into 1 user friendly post!

eta...just kidding on "the nudge"...I don't mind at all!

Please do impatient, and if I somehow miss when you post the "list", make sure you scream at me so I see it!

BBM
From the sworn affidavit:

"DUNN admitted that the illegal narcotics were for ADKINS and HERSELF."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/image...edia/dox/pdf/2011_01/HaileyDunnAffidavits.PDF

The affidavit used the word "narcotics"; it is not a direct quote from BD. "Narcotics" seems to have a wide range of use in law enforcement:
http://www.druglibrary.org/gh/what_is_a_narcotic.htm

She willingly shared this info with police which, to me, is all that matters as the police had the opportunity to question her about specifics. I don't see any reason for BD to admit to or provide an explanation about this particular illegal activity on national television. I most definitely wouldn't if I were in her position.

I haven't read up to the last page to see what everyone posted,but I think we've already went over all the affidavit info that Bd is disputing a number of times.Again,she told LE,according to the sworn affidavit,they bought illegal drugs.On NG when asked in the last interview about that she said she bought prescriptions and she wasn't going to talk about it again.Then she said she can't remember when she bought them.So the prescriptions she showed to the media,one or two wasn't in her name.Are those what she bought,because maybe that's what's not legal? She said to the media she hasn't done street drugs,so we can only assume what the illegal drugs might have been,since she told NG she bought prescriptions.I just feel like we're going over the same things and trying to say LE is lieing.They have no reason to lie about inconsistencies,because once again,we've heard alot just in the NG interviews alone,just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member