Not open for further replies.
for those late coming in my definition of the "nacho platter" is Kamfer saying

1)nothing found at landfill
2)we cannot disclose the results of the search
3)evidence has been found
4)no.. nothing has been found
5) nothing has been found YET...

PASS THE SOUR CREAM AND A LARGE JALAPENO
I thought about tagging this post as nacho platter, but didn't want to get put in timeout...

The websites named Kampfer as their source. So I wonder if he lets something slip that he wasn't supposed to. I get the distinct impression he likes talking to the media. When I think of him, all I see is him standing in front of the press waiting on the press conference to start taking pictures of the media with his cell phone camera.

So now HE is being misquoted? *LOL*

I think he just jumped the gun. I suspect the same thing happened when he said Shawn was a "suspect" instead of a "POI". I am pretty sure that was not supposed to happen. I keep wondering what he is "suspected" OF! I mean, I know ""Hailey's disappearance" but for the purposes of an arrest, they would have to narrow it down to "kidnapping" or "murder" or even "manslaughter". How can he be a "suspect" when we don't know what happened to Hailey (i,e, what the "crime" is)?

especially quotes to the associated press... going out to media outlets around the NATION....that something was found in the landfill...

clean up time if it aint true or you don't want it out there boys!

Can ya imagine some of the Big Media reading this article or using it as a reference...ya just know some producers and editors were walking around scratching their heads and asking colleagues to help them decipher this mumbo jumbo.....how embarassing. :blushing:

I'm going to start a new thread so we can move over to it before NG starts tonite.

I'll close this one in 10 minutes or so.

city spokesperson version 5.0

1/18/11 Update: 4:45p.m.: A report was published today stating that cadaver dogs, that searched one of three landfills in Abilene over the weekend, turned up some evidence in the case of missing teen Hailey Dunn. However, NewsWest 9 spoke with Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer and he said that has not been confirmed. Kampfer says whether or not any evidence was found is part of the criminal investigation and detectives are not saying what, if anything, was found.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13804937

Just joining in here today.....Have a thought I will share....see what you think...IF anything of it....

Regarding the text message......teenagers today send text messages which are abbreviated words.....you know what I am talking about...

It would be interesting to know....EXACTLY....how the text was sent...

ALL words...spelled out.........or the message was....abbreviated...?

Kids today.....automatically....text in the abbreviated manner...

It's considered...UNCOOL...otherwise...

(BTW...as of now.......I DO NOT believe H sent it...(too convenient )

just my opinion and my 2 cents...

Just joining in here today.....Have a thought I will share....see what you think...IF anything of it....

Regarding the text message......teenagers today send text messages which are abbreviated words.....you know what I am talking about...

It would be interesting to know....EXACTLY....how the text was sent...

ALL words...spelled out.........or the message was....abbreviated...?

Kids today.....automatically....text in the abbreviated manner...

It's considered...UNCOOL...otherwise...

(BTW...as of now.......I DO NOT believe H sent it...(too convenient )

just my opinion and my 2 cents...

My kid (13) is considered popular and pretty darn cool....( not by me lol ) He writes darn near everything out when texting, and he spells things correctly too. Most of his friends do as well. I credit private school. But who knows? I do know it irks him when others can't spell or use bad grammer

We don't know IF that text has been confirmed - BUT, more importantly WHERE did that phone ping when that text was sent!

SA could very well have had BD/HD's cell with him and that text is pinging out in Big Spring. We just don't know.

you know, i think the simplest answer is the most likely, that she sent the text.

He just isn't that smart imo. and there isn't any reason to send a text at 2 while having "seen" her at 3 or 3.15. It doesn't give him a better alibi or lengthen the time frame and i don't care how many true crimes he has read about, sending a text an hour and a half before you last saw her doesn't help

If he is involved it could be more like between 3 and 4 when DD saw him, maybe he stashed her in the shed and then cleaned up.

My kid (13) is considered popular and pretty darn cool....( not by me lol ) He writes darn near everything out when texting, and he spells things correctly too. Most of his friends do as well. I credit private school. But who knows? I do know it irks him when others can't spell or use bad grammer

He does sound very smart!!! thanks for commenting...

you know, i think the simplest answer is the most likely, that she sent the text.

He just isn't that smart imo. and there isn't any reason to send a text at 2 while having "seen" her at 3 or 3.15. It doesn't give him a better alibi or lengthen the time frame and i don't care how many true crimes he has read about, sending a text an hour and a half before you last saw her doesn't help

If he is involved it could be more like between 3 and 4 when DD saw him, maybe he stashed her in the shed and then cleaned up.
ITA he's not that smart - BUT I think his thinking was that sending the text at 2 would just help back-up his story of seeing her at 3 and her leaving at 3:15 to go to MB's.

No, he sure ain't the sharpest tack in the box but he likes to think he is.

I think if a text was sent from that phone it was from SA... covering tracks before BD got home and after he did what ever he "may' have done

((please also note I am not so narrow visioned as to rule out a sommer thompson type scenario with crazy creepy stranger dude being the perp.... but at this time I cannot even get past GROUND ZERO... where she was sleeping that night...but nevertheless, I hope not to be a victim of tunnel vision...))

He does sound very smart!!! thanks for commenting...

Oh....I never said he was smart! :floorlaugh: Currently he is grounded from his iphone for doing something REALLY stupid with it.

He just can write and likes to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member