TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Hailey's mother ask her son to text Hailey to come home.l. Why wouldn't she make a phone call herself. I am bewildered. As a mother myself, I don't get it. She is a 13 year old for gosh sakes.

I'm going to quote my own post from a few pages back:

Honestly, the mom asking the son to contact Hailey doesn't seem so odd to me. I imagine she was on the phone with her son - while at work - and added 'hey, why don't you call Hailey and tell her to come home?'. Maybe something came up at work and she needed to go. She was also using a landline at work b/c she left the cell phone at home for the her kids to use. Maybe someone else needed to use the phone or maybe it's the only line at work and employees are urged to keep their calls to a minimum.

We really don't know why she had him call, but I don't think it reflects on her parenting at all. I think it was a matter-of-fact kinda thing. JMHO... :)

ETA: Whoa... I added this before catching up a few pages. Sorry, didn't realize so many others had already responded.

As far as the mom asking brother to text sister: I have 4 young adult kids, all with cell phones. I have a cell phone too. But I OFTEN ask one of the kids to "text your sister and see when she'll be home," or "text your brother and tell him to get some milk." It is second nature for them to text each other...but it takes my fingers longer to get the message out. Texting is better than calling for lots of young people. I once asked my kids, "Why not just call?" and they laughed out loud. So I accept it. They text everything. Its generational...and cultural.

A few more thoughts:
1) Internet Router at Hotel and Houses etc. - If she did indeed have an itouch with her that connected to Wifi routers... Routers often see that and store the info of what connected to them for hours or days or longer. It is possible to check that out.
2) I'm going to assume that LE or Hailey's mom found out very quickly who she was talking to around Noon that day on her mom's cell phone and that information was not important or it is being held back.
3) I will be curious to know more about the Dogs and the scent leading to the hotel. In a small town it would be possible for kids to walk right past the hotel on the way to a Fast Food place or store, and even to the hotel itself to use a vending machine or something. Something like this might mean alot, or it might mean nothing at all !
4) I hope some searches are organized soon, or at the very least a very organized effort to get property owners to check every square foot of their property, and wells, etc and report it to one central location.

5) And Most important.... I am frustrated at the lack of an official place online to get the latest info and press releases. The facebook page seems to be the most up to date of everything, along with www.ktxs.com I hope someone local can see this and urge that to happen. We need a place to go to see the latest press releases and known facts / known things that have already been checked out and searched (what is ok to release anyway)

:eek:fftopic: Did anyone experience a slow board tonight when posting a comment or hitting the thanks button? I noticed an issue when posting and I was concerned I would double post at one point.

HIT the thanks button if you did! Thanks.

ETA: Oh , the board is acting funny tonight! Please come by and fix us. Thank you

Billie knows that Hailey had a myspace.

Hailey was allowed to walk in the daytime, as long as it wasn't very far.

Ugh....I'm very disappointed about the BF not taking the poly. Why would LE release that info now.....when Billie was live on Nancy Grace saying he would take the poly. Does that mean he won't take it tomorrow, as Billie stated, or he won't take one at all??

Also, would this be a decision LE made or would this be something SA decided for himself?

Again, just one more huge red flag. What types of medications can seriously alter a poly result? TIA.

ETA: didn't realize that was an old article. Sorry everyone!! Boyfriend still on to take poly tomorrow morning!!

A few more thoughts:
1) Internet Router at Hotel and Houses etc. - If she did indeed have an itouch with her that connected to Wifi routers... Routers often see that and store the info of what connected to them for hours or days or longer. It is possible to check that out.
2) I'm going to assume that LE or Hailey's mom found out very quickly who she was talking to around Noon that day on her mom's cell phone and that information was not important or it is being held back.
3) I will be curious to know more about the Dogs and the scent leading to the hotel. In a small town it would be possible for kids to walk right past the hotel on the way to a Fast Food place or store, and even to the hotel itself to use a vending machine or something. Something like this might mean alot, or it might mean nothing at all !
4) I hope some searches are organized soon, or at the very least a very organized effort to get property owners to check every square foot of their property, and wells, etc and report it to one central location.

5) And Most important.... I am frustrated at the lack of an official place online to get the latest info and press releases. The facebook page seems to be the most up to date of everything, along with www.ktxs.com I hope someone local can see this and urge that to happen. We need a place to go to see the latest press releases and known facts / known things that have already been checked out and searched (what is ok to release anyway)

You can contact redcat, who set up the FB page and made videos for YouTube. With the way things are going, she might appreciate some help. She has been awesome getting all that going.

Ooops, double post. Sorry. The lag is awful.

<snip>

On Friday, bloodhounds were taken to the six motels in Colorado City. At Western Suites, which is located at 2233 Vine Street and is adjacent to Interstate 20 and near the Dunn home, the dogs picked up on Dunn’s scent in the parking lot, City Manager Pete Kampfer said Tuesday night.

The scent led to a door of a ground-floor room at the two-level motel that opened in July, he said, but there the trail stopped. A search of the 24 suites produced no other evidence, he said.

more here

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/04/hed-help-herey-hed-help-herey/

Ugh....I'm very disappointed about the BF not taking the poly. Why would LE release that info now.....when Billie was live on Nancy Grace saying he would take the poly. Does that mean he won't take it tomorrow, as Billie stated, or he won't take one at all??

Also, would this be a decision LE made or would this be something SA decided for himself?

Again, just one more huge red flag. What types of medications can seriously alter a poly result? TIA.

A good "old" fashion urine test will do the trick to test the "prescription" drugs that he is on.

Well, I'm going to turn in. Or at least turn off the computer.

Praying that God brings Hailey safely home and keeps His hand on her and those that love her.

Billie knows that Hailey had a myspace.

Hailey was allowed to walk in the daytime, as long as it wasn't very far.

Thank you for all your help in this situation. I don't know Hailey personally but I want her home safe and sound. I have lived in C-City all my life and hate that we have to worry about things like this. I am sure you feel the same way (IMO). I pray that Billie will have answers very soon about her little girl. I pray for truth from all parties involved. God please bring Hailey home soon.

I am sure this has been presented as a question of comment on forum but trying to catch up on this one.

Stepdad.. Last to see her.. Poly why the delay?

If hounds found the scent from home, to days (?) to the friends home and hotel??
I wonder if they searched for the friends scent also. Perhaps friend is covering for her or they did go somewhere and friend knows somthing happened with the guy they could have been seen with. Perhaps friend scared to tell? I would think however that the friend being a young age would give the information if questioned.. a little too young to be able to decieve LE imo.

Stepdad last to see her?? Very odd.. but the scent throws me off if indeed did track to hotel. Would an abduction and person doing the abduction be dumb enough to check in a hotel?

excuse the mispellings I have insomnia and the ambien is kicking in and a little fuzzy.. so off to bed. I hope and pray HD is ok. Seems that the criminals are getting bolder and more confident they wont be caught.

Not to condone any drug use offences and prison terms.. but let the non criminals on parole.. to be jailed for possession of marijuana give them stricter home arrest.. lets clear some of the non violent criminals out of prison and make room for frequent offenders of assault, robbery and most of all sexual offenders.. if the law makers can not do that than please let my tax dollars go towards building as many prisons as possible to house these sicko's for entire sentence.. good behavior in prison for early release.. no way. It has been proven that child molestors do not cure themself nor can any program, they find away to outsmart the sexual offender list... come on USA get it together and proctect these innocent kids.

I would help build these prisons on my own time for free.. but it needs to be done. I am tired of people sitting back and amber alert is good to an extent.. but a 13 year old to assume run away.. let them assume foul play and if turns out to be run away then so what.. err on side of caution as the first few hours are passing by.. while cops are chalking it up to a runaway and taking a report at that very time the child may be in the process of having his or her life ended... ended no return... flaws in system.. need some changes.

Finally caught up on all the previous threads. Praying for Hailey, her family and friends.

I am so far behind and have 4:00 am rise time, but I have to say after reading the NG show from the updates here the BF needs gone over with a fine tooth comb.....

His story has now changed 3 times that I can count. I wonder if his mother can verify his trip to "mom's".

Until it can be verified about the lady that she said she thought she saw Hailey, MB and the boy walking that night I am not including it....

There is something up with Shawn Adkins and I don't like it ! This of course is moo.........

ETA: didn't realize that was an old article. Sorry everyone!! Boyfriend still on to take poly tomorrow morning!!

The number of research studies on the effects of drugs on polygraph outcomes is very few. Some of the few studies that showed specific types of sedatives could conceal detection of lies were re-investigated. Here is one study that showed polygraph deception could occur with the use of a mild sedative.

http://www.psych.upenn.edu/history/orne/waidetal1981science7173.html

The results of this older study were unable to be replicated in other studies, therefore it is invalid. Because the number of studies related to using drugs to deceive polygraphs is so very few, it is inconclusive/unknown if drugs do or do not affect polygraph outcomes.
http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=10420&page=138

http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=10420&page=139

I am assuming he failed the poly and blamed it on his prescription drugs. This is why they used the wording "re-testing". I have a feeling he will fail again (if he goes through with it again in the morning)

Wow, I missed "re-testing"- who said that about BF?

I am assuming he failed the poly and blamed it on his prescription drugs. This is why they used the wording "re-testing". I have a feeling he will fail again (if he goes through with it again in the morning)

I haven't seen any reports of him taking a polygraph already. KCBD reported tonight:

Investigators say Hailey's mother's boyfriend could not take a polygraph because he was on prescription drugs. Billie Jean told Nancy Grace that her boyfriend, Adkins, would take a polygraph test Wednesday morning.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13779246

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member