TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked in earlier today and saw a post written by a local. Her hubby works for the waste collection company, can someone bring that post forward? I'm cross-eyed and still haven't found it.

That was TexasGiGi and it was her brother, not husband.

He collected trash across town from the Dunn's that Monday. He knows the driver that collected the other side of town. That driver dumped his load in Colorado City, and it is the ONLY LOAD they ever took there. It is spread thin and about 6" under dirt.

The brother finished his collection and did not go to the landfill. He went home because he was sick, as were other members of the household. The truck, full of the Monday trash from the opposite side of town, sat in his driveway for several days before he realized it could be important and called local LE. Days later, they had not come to look at it, so he took it to the Snyder landfill and dumped it, NINE DAYS after he picked it up. If I read what she said right, he did have someone watch as he dumped it in case something obvious was inside. TGG also explained how they pinpoint the right trash in the landfill using mail that has dates and addresses. I believe he was later contacted by the FBI.

I'm still really bothered with BD's message to HD. I just keep shaking my head. The whole cryptic nature of it and the fact that it was apparently written like a crib sheet/note. I wonder if she was really talking to HD. No "Mommy misses you honey" "Please come home". No frothy emotional appeal. Just: (Not verbatim)

"Remember that my phone is with the Police so if you want to call me call 911."

I mean seriously WTH?? Can somebody clue me in? If the Police have the phone then if
she calls it the Police will answer. As would be the case (kinda) if she called 911.

Was that a cryptic telegraph to SA not to text to that phone? IDK. Too wierd.

I honestly think that was directed at the le. They should have never left her without the phone!!! Especially, with them thinking run away. What tha??? I hope to GOD... she lawyers up soon.

Wait a minute!! Wasn't there OUTRAGE when LE 1st treated this as a runaway?? Billie INSISTING it couldn't be true?? Well....what changed, Billie?? Failed poly and love of your life named a suspect?? NOW you say no evidence of foul play. What does that leave?? Runaway. How convenient. :innocent::sick:

She suggested Hailey call 911. I think she assumes Hailey is being held captive, and that there are no indications that she is DEAD. I do NOT thin Billie believes she is a runaway.

Ok - NG said that LE has said (I know I know) but LE has said we are not releasing the forensic evidence found in the car until they make an arrest. Well, the only two that we know of that had access to that car is SA and BD. And IMO that is LE confirming there was forensic evidence found in the car.

Several days ago, Billie said that she didn't really know why they were looking for DNA in the car, since all of their DNA would be in there.

That was TexasGiGi and it was her brother, not husband.

He collected trash across town from the Dunn's that Monday. He knows the driver that collected the other side of town. That driver dumped his load in Colorado City, and it is the ONLY LOAD they ever took there. It is spread thin and about 6" under dirt.

The brother finished his collection and did not go to the landfill. He went home because he was sick, as were other members of the household. The truck, full of the Monday trash from the opposite side of town, sat in his driveway for several days before he realized it could be important and called local LE. Days later, they had not come to look at it, so he took it to the Snyder landfill and dumped it, NINE DAYS after he picked it up. If I read what she said right, he did have someone watch as he dumped it in case something obvious was inside. TGG also explained how they pinpoint the right trash in the landfill using mail that has dates and addresses. I believe he was later contacted by the FBI.

slight changes: LE contacted him first while he was ill with truck outside, then after this phone call from LE where he told them trash was still in truck he then waited 3 days in case they contacted him again. Then as you say he was contacted by the FBI.

There is one thing I never got though. I had understood the the co-worker had used his truck to get the Dunn's waste and so it was still in TexasGIGI's brother's truck but it seems I misunderstood the latter. :)

TexasGIGI's post:

I have a small piece to add. My brother works for the company that picks up the garbage in Colorado City. He was working on the other side of town the day that HD disappeared so another worker picked up the trash at that home. My brother was contacted by LE the next Sunday to find out where he had dumped the trash he had picked up the Monday before and he told them that not dumped, the garbage from the previous Monday and Tuesday was still in his truck because he had been sick at home the entire week. He waited three more days and dumped his truck in Snyder. The trash that was picked up at HD's home that Monday was dumped in Colorado City, the only load that was ever dumped there. The employees, including my brother, of the disposal company looked over that trash as it was dumped but didn't search it.

The second Sunday after HD disappeared my brother was interviewed at his home by an FBI agent then again the next day at work along with his co-workers.

Each day, each truck dumps 5-9 tons of trash. They also pick up in Snyder, Dunn, and I believe he said Abilene. By the time the search began and the dump in Snyder was searched, that load was probably 15 feet under more trash. It was an enormous amount of trash.

The trash from BD's home, dumped at CCity was only about 6 inches under and spread thinly over a large area. Also each day, a gps unit is taken to the the dump sites and recorded, so that they are able to pinpoint the sites for a particular day.

Well here I am at midnight watching the reruns of Nancy Grace....

DH is in bed and I will have to creep under the covers so that he will not know how late I am sitting up!

Does Billie give the phone number for her new phone? Guess I will just wait and see.

Question...Can we tag info on a thread that has been closed???

I wanted someone to tag post #82 in the last thread.... that showed the YouTube video of the searchers at the bridge with Clint...It was also interesting to see the info from the Klass searchers giving directions to the searchers. I can't believe that they have to look out for rattlesnakes and wild hogs! OMG

I sure hope I haven't said anything that has upset another poster. I don't even know how to hit the alert button...Where is IT? (not that I would use it because I respect that everyone on here has their own private feelings and opinions!!!)

DEAR GOD...PLEASE BRING HAILEY HOME ALIVE
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6038557&postcount=82"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #36[/ame]

Why would a mother who is terrified after her daughter "went missing" primp and apply eyeliner before facing the cameras. If my daughter or granddaughter suddenly disappeared the lasdt thing that would enter my mind is "How do I look?" The last thing I would worry about is looking crappy "on national tv". This may seem petty to some, but warning bells went off the minute I watched her on Nancy Grace... I would go on national tv looking like crap, maybe my hair not combed, might be wearing old sweats, but I would not care, I would be there to get the word out.

The NG people may have suggested she pull herself together, clean herself up, and put on a little makeup and she would feel better. And (no offense intended to anyone) I read once that things are different in Texas... teenage girls and adult women are much more appearance conscious than in some other places. Unfortunately, I believe I read this in the "Texas Cheerleader Murder." I really did not like typing that, but felt I needed to cite a "reference" or risk being accused of perpetuating a stereotype.

Maybe everyone here can write up a script for Billie as to what you think she should be saying and mail it to her :waitasec:

You threatened me and my child.
You are not moving in with us.
Get out of my life.

Anyone in a similar situation, feel free to use it.

:floorlaugh:

I don't know if that would be good enough. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Maybe someone should record the statement with stage directions to go along with it so that her voice inflection and body language would be satisfactory...oh, and we need a wardrobe person and hair stylist as well!:innocent:

I just join you all in praying that there will be good news soon about Hailey. Since we aren't very used to snow in Memphis, I get to stay home tomorrow and check back in for more news.
I know that 13 is a teenager, but when I look back at being that age, I realize that you are still just a child, no matter what you think at the time.
Poor little girl out there somewhere waiting to be found.
And a Mother who isn't perfect who is beating herself up.
I don't know anyone who is perfect, but unfortunately I do know some people who think they are.

Great post! reminds me of a line spoken by Gene Wilder in the original Willy Wonka movie. He was speaking to Verouka. Classic!

Welcome Snow! It rarely snows here in Abilene either. Everything shuts down and we watch the neighbors slide into the ditch, ...over and over and over!:crazy:

Just a note about 911 and cell phones. Most cell phones sold in the last few years are GPS capable. When someone calls 911 on a cell phone it is routed to a designated call taker known as a public safety answering point or PSAP.

Some systems have been upgraded to enhanced 911 which helps guide emergency workers from 50-300 meters from where the phone called from.

All 911 calls transmit to the PSAP the number, name and address associated with the number and general location. So calling 911 for a reason is an important thing to do, even if you have the locator on the phone switched on.

GPS capable phones and the locator function is not everything and calling 911 is important for location, see the full snopes report please.

Having said that, I don't know why the phone wasn't returned to BD.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/cellping.asp

O/T sorry about this but it's driving me nuts. How do you pronounce Colorado in Colorado city?

On TV, they seem to be pronouncing it "Co-lo-ray-do" with a long "a" in ray.

ETA: Sort of the way you would pronounce the name "Laredo" as "La-ray-do." That's how I take it.

As opposed to the way most people pronounce the state name "Co-lo-rah-do."

No offense meant to any locals. I live in Tennessee and we have Southern place names, too, such as "La-fay-ut" Georgia (not the French pronunciation) and Trenton, GA, pronounced "Tren-Tawn." My northern relatives have trouble saying "Chattanooga," LOL. They say "Shatt-nooga," starting it with an "S" and leaving out a syllable. :crazy:

It's like you ask five Americans how to say "New Orleans, Louisiana" and you'll get five different answers and syllable variations. :)

Up until a few days ago I was able to keep up "pretty much" with these flyin' threads, but have to admit I just finally had to come to the realization there is no way I could read every single post. But I try really hard to read as much as I can at night and in the mornings to get a good grasp of what may have transpired recently. Anyway, I had to go out for the day yesterday and saw a female panhandling near a local Walmart. You can be sure I drove past a couple of times, almost stopping to get a good look at her face. To me, a least around here, it is a little bit unusual to see females doing this. It usually is a male doing the panhandling. What I am getting to is just how sure is LE that Hailey has not left the area all together and could be very, very far away from home now. We do know that in the Brittany Smith case, LE said at a couple pressers that "we just don't know if they are still in the area, but we think that someone is helping them". In her case, it ended up her abductor had taken her from VA all the way to CA and no one was even looking for her there. A few amber alerts had been issued to states they "thought" her abductor had connections in, but a lady saw him and her panhandling in front of a grocery story in CA and remembered seeing her on NG and made that call.

So, again, I have to question just how sure is LE that she has not been abducted and afraid to try to make a break for it and as in BS's case, doing what she can in survival mode. That is why when I saw this girl in front of our local Walmart, I did give a very long and hard look at her, especially in her face. She turned out to be much older and way more "mature" than a 13 year-old physically, but I hope the word is out and people have not completely stopped hoping she could be out there and keeping an eye out for Hailey elsewhere besides her home town. I totally understand LE has their hands full and I think they are doing everything that can be done, but just hope the public all across the US is in BOLO mode.

Well now , wait a minute, you got me thinking. Everybody was wondering if BD worked 12 hour shifts (which was supposedly 7 - 7) and the ATM withdrawl was something around 6:20 or so - that BD must have left work early that day.

Maybe she left work even earlier and SA picked her up before he got home at 3? No, that doesn't work. Didn't DD go get CD before he climbed in the window? I think he did - so wouldn't CD have noticed BD there as well?

How can she confirm something when she wasn't there? Or was she?

BBM

This is something that has bugged me. I've seen references to BD working 12 hour shifts, which, IMO, leaving at 6:20am to get to work would be a 7am-7pm shift. So does she normally work 3 days a week? 5 would be 60 hours a week, is that normal?

SA picking her up at 5:45pm IMO implies she left work early that day. An 8 hour shift for SA, even including lunch, IMO would be 6am-3pm, and I doubt SA hangs out for 4 hours or normally goes home then back to Snyder to pick her up. IMO, BD normally catches a ride with a co-worker.

So then I start wondering, if my assumptions are correct, what was the deal to make Monday so different? In light of BD realizing on Tuesday her daughter was missing, how is Monday not standing out to her and making her look at SA for more than 'a little bit?'

KTAB's Tiffany Tatro asked Kampfer about the earring that's been talked about in recent "Nancy Grace" broadcasts. After Hailey's disappearance, one of the earrings her mother thought she was wearing on the day she vanished was discovered in her father's home. Her dad, Clint Dunn, says she left it the day before when she stayed at his home. Though Billie Dunn thought he daughter was wearing the earrings, she says it's likely Clint is correct.

Kampfer said he's put in a request to discuss the earring and has not heard back. Therefore, he can't even confirm an earring is part of the investigation.

Earlier this week, KRBC's Jessica Reyes interviewed a witness who believes she saw Hailey walking with a small boy on the morning of her disappearance. According to the witness, it was an African American approximately 7 years old.

It now appears that child could be the son of Clint Dunn's girlfriend.

Billie Dunn confirmed Clint's girlfriend has a son that matches this description. Pete Kampfer says he has heard that as well but hasn't received confirmation from law enforcement. Kampfer previously told bigcountryhomepage.com the child has been questioned by authorities.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333716

You got that right SuziQ, imo anyway.

I wouldn't cut out stranger abduction if SA hadn't failed 2 polys...or was it that he failed 1 poly and walked out of another one? :waitasec:

I know what you mean. That highway being so close really bothered me at the beginning of this case.

http://www.kwtx.com/news/headlines/...xas_Middle_School_Girl_114303384.html?ref=384

"COLORADO CITY (January 20, 2011)--Kevin Bowman and his brother joined the search Thursday for missing West Texas teenager Hailey Darlene Dunn with both purpose and with dread.

They about 20 other volunteers to look for Dunn, 13, a middle school cheerleader who was reported missing Dec. 28 in Colorado City, about 240 miles west of Dallas"

jan 20,2011 cadaver dogs will be searching the landfill.

does anyone have any idea who may have killed this poor child? obviously the police are suspecting homicide if it's a recovery search for a body =(

When trying to figure out what people mean, it is helpful to have a baseline. It is also helpful to have a baseline when reading people for signs of deception. For example, when I was much younger and single and man I dated would use "maybe" or "I think so" as a backdoor term if he was still looking for something better to come along. So if I assumed that we were going out Friday night and he would spring on me at 6:30 that we were not, I would say, "but you said I think so..." and he would say, "Yeah, I think so- that's not yes. I just never got around to telling that I was going out with so and so." I was young, so it took me a while to figure out that maybe and I think so were code for yeah we'll go out unless I can find something more fun. Another one was I would ask how far are we from the next town (if I had been sleeping while traveling). His answer would be "not too far" or quite a ways. That was code for "I have no idea, I wasn't paying attention to any signs, but I don't want to look like an idiot so that is the best answer I can give you." Problem with that answer is my bladder wants specifics like 5 minutes (ok, I can wait) or 30 minutes (ok buckwheat we need to make a potty stop!)

So when BD says "I thought about it for a little bit" we have no idea what her baseline is and I really wish, and I really mean this with all sincerity, that some would quit using things like this like they're the breaking Perry Mason moment and then whip out the noose. It is just getting so old.

Also, if we were to go with the assumption that HD is still being help against her will angering the person who knows where she is won't be the best strategy in getting her back. So things like "I hate you, its over, I wish you were dead, I hope you rot in h... and so forth are not helpful.

As far BD looking cutsie for the cameras, wow, then after then after they pumped me all full of medication after I had troubles with hemorrhagic ovarian cysts, I must have looked like a babe! Geez, her face is blotchy, her bags under her eyes have been replaced by what look like bruises. Her mouth looks like its getting smaller and she looks like she's getting skinnier and she doesn't have much reserves to be messing around with.

Anyway, that is my opinion based on the years of accumulative knowledge of the work I do and what my husband does.

BBM

There are things that 'get old' for me in here, too, but that is the nature of the beast in this forum, just like you get your opinion and interpretation of what is out there, so do I, and so does everyone else.

As much as I like to believe everything I think is the absolute right and truth of it all (and I do, I really do, lol) for some reason, there's people in here who just refuse to see it my way. I don't know what is wrong with these people. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Is there any chance that MK might have been given information that the police weren't given? IE, if SA was actually doing something he can't/won't admit to LE that day (for example, if he was dealing drugs) that had nothing to do with HD or her disappearance?

I know some here have suggested that the police would essentially look the other way regarding drug charges, etc in order to find a missing child - but given that CD's already gotten in trouble for something relatively minor (and seeing the Cummings case where most of the family is locked up for dealing), that certainly wouldn't encourage anyone to admit illegal behavior.

That is definitely a possibility. Then I have to question who gave MK that information. Probably someone that doesn't have much credibility if you KWIM.

I have realized I'm feeling a bit protective of MK. He is a good person. But he's human like the rest of us.

KTAB's Tiffany Tatro asked Kampfer about the earring that's been talked about in recent "Nancy Grace" broadcasts. After Hailey's disappearance, one of the earrings her mother thought she was wearing on the day she vanished was discovered in her father's home. Her dad, Clint Dunn, says she left it the day before when she stayed at his home. Though Billie Dunn thought he daughter was wearing the earrings, she says it's likely Clint is correct.

Kampfer said he's put in a request to discuss the earring and has not heard back. Therefore, he can't even confirm an earring is part of the investigation.

Earlier this week, KRBC's Jessica Reyes interviewed a witness who believes she saw Hailey walking with a small boy on the morning of her disappearance. According to the witness, it was an African American approximately 7 years old.

It now appears that child could be the son of Clint Dunn's girlfriend.

Billie Dunn confirmed Clint's girlfriend has a son that matches this description. Pete Kampfer says he has heard that as well but hasn't received confirmation from law enforcement. Kampfer previously told bigcountryhomepage.com the child has been questioned by authorities.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333716

bbm~
Clint Dunn must be a patient man is all I can say...In addition to the absolute fear he must have about the whereabouts of his daughter right now, I don't know how he hasn't blown his top..in private I'd bet he is seeing some people for who/what they are..and they're not who/what he thought they were..<moo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck