TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that she wasn't there...what would freak a 16 y/o out enough to go get his dad..especially if her were already in the house? We know they park around back anyway so BD could have been there and DD didn't know until he came back with DD...IDK..I'm totally discombobulated now...

Have we had confirmation regarding what time BD got off work on Monday? I went back and read it again and it still sounds like she may have been at home..Has it even been stated how early she got off?

I have never seen an exact time given that BD got off from work. BUT it has been reported that THEY stopped at the ATM at 6;20, AFTER SA PICKED HER UP FROM WORK. So she would not have been home already at 4 pm. Right?

This case is crazy confusing.

I have a hard with how to interpret the "facts" in the affidavit. BDs confirmation is not a direct quote from her.

What if the story was closer to:
DD forgot keys, saw car in driveway, pounded on door, no answer. DD entered the house and found SD standing in the hallway by the bathroom with a deer in the headlights look on his face when he saw DD crawling through the window.

Since the police are using the affidavit to get search warrants to further investigate HDs disappearance (as they should), I would think the first version (in the affidavit) would be much more effective in convincing a judge. Also it seems that only CD and BD were interviewed and not DD who was present. To me, the part "nobody would let him in" sounds like there was more than one person in the house.

Stuff like this confuses me.

True..but as Wise Old Owl pointed out..LE is perfectly clear that DD recounted the event to CD...not so with BD..very odd to say the least imo...

I have never seen an exact time given that BD got off from work. BUT it has been reported that THEY stopped at the ATM at 6;20, AFTER SA PICKED HER UP FROM WORK. So she would not have been home already at 4 pm. Right?

This case is crazy confusing.

Yes it is confusing...my problem now is...even though we know about the ATM..we have no idea if they could have been somewhere else prior to that. She may have gotten off much earlier and we KNOW she won't say that..and LE isn't going to...not yet anyway.. even if it were true..

Nope - no confirmation on mom's work hours on Monday. Can you bring that paragraph over from the affidavits. My 'puter is acting up and I've been trying to paste that paragraph in a post.

sorry about that..my mind is in a thousand different places..yes, I'll go get it...

Assuming that she wasn't there...what would freak a 16 y/o out enough to go get his dad..especially if her were already in the house? We know they park around back anyway so BD could have been there and DD didn't know until he came back with DD...IDK..I'm totally discombobulated now...

Maybe??? DD was just freaked to find the door locked that never is, so he just went across field as Dad was outside and Dad just said, go check the wiindow-which also are never locked and see if you can get it. Maybe???

I agree... sooo many questions!

Yes it is confusing...my problem now is...even though we know about the ATM..we have no idea if they could have been somewhere else prior to that. She may have gotten off much earlier and we KNOW she won't say that..and LE isn't going to...not yet anyway.. even if it were true..

I so agree! Who knows where? ONLY BD & SA at this time...

I don't think so, because SA told BD the story of where HD was going that day. That was supposed to be at 3:15, and DD came home by 4pm. So for your version to take place, BD would have to have been home at that time when HD supposedly left. And LE would KNOW that already if she were not at work when
HD was last seen by SA.

Ok - here it is:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/image...edia/dox/pdf/2011_01/HaileyDunnAffidavits.PDF

SA Daniel A COTTNER and SA Janet THOMAS interviewd Clint DUNN 1-5-2011, and he stated that Dxxxx DUNN had told him he returned home at approximately 4:00pm on Monday afternoon, 12-27-2010 and pounded on the door for about 5 minutes and nobody would let him in. Dxxx DUNN made entry through a window and got into the residence. SA Janet THOMAS later interviewed Billie DUNN who confirmed that Dxxxx had indeed pounded on the door and nobody would let him in and he then made entry into the residence and observed Shawn ADKINS standing in the hallwy with a deer in the headlights look.

Now, that I just did all this. It could be read that CD told LE what DD told him and BD just "confirmed" the same thing. KWIM?

I still don't get how she could confirm it. She could confirm that that is what DD TOLD HER as well. But confirming the event would mean she was there.

Clear as mud?

Good point....Ok if DD told his mother that when she came home that Monday night...what was her response? Was there a light bulb going off that maybe she should double-check on Hailey....

I'm wondering when DD told Billie.maybe not that Monday night.. they didn't get back until 7:30PM after purchasing illegal narcotics so maybe DD had to choose his timing and that opportunity didn't present itself....

If DD told mom the next afternoon Tuesday once he learned that Hailey didn't spend the night at MB... OK so now Hailey missing, sister in law/co worker brings Billie home and she learns yes her daughter is really missing and SA was the last to see her and now has learned he locked all the doors and DD pounded for 5 minutes and had to climb into a window... sees SA with deer in head light eyes....

How did SA talk himself out of that??

Clint said he had to distanced himself from Billie because he didnt agree with her on certain points....

Maybe this is one of those points ...

Where does it specifically say the doors were locked or that SD locked them (BBM)? Its not in the affidavit. Do you have a link for the source?

Not sure if this helps with a baseline BUT

Billie said she has to think long and hard about taking another poly...
(maybe something she doesnt really want to do..)

Then said she had to think on it a little bit...when thinking SA is innocent..
(maybe something she really wants to believe)

She didnt have to think long and hard but only needed to think a little bit to realize that SA could not have harmed Hailey in her mind....

I agree each night Billie is looking worse than the night before....

I would need a "think long and hard" used several times on different topics and the same for "little bit."

BTW BD did offer to take another poly if it was administered by a reputable agency like the FBI. After hearing the recording played on NG, I can't say that I blame her. Based on what we have heard, it sounds as though they already broke rules on how they prepared her for the exam.

I think folks around BD might want to be considering her health. Being sleep deprived, losing weight can cause her electrolytes to go all berserk which can lead to whole bunch of other problems. I know if she mentions anything some folks around here are going be all over that like white on rice on the "its all about BD and what's good for BD...etc- so I'll mention it, your mothering skills notwithstanding, have a peanut butter sandwich, drink some gatorade or an emergen-C and do your best to get some sleep- yes even take one of those illicit (sarcasm) drugs your doctor prescribed for you- the ativan and try to get your brain clicking on all 6 cylinders.

"SA Daniel A COTTNER and SA Janet THOMAS interviewed Clint Dunn, 1-5-2011, and he stated DD had told him he returned home at approximately 4pm on Monday afternoon 12-27-2010 and pounded on the door for about 5 minutes and nobody would let him in. DD made entry through a window and got into the residence. SA Janet THOMAS later interviewed Billie DUNN who confirmed that DD had indeed pounded on the door and nobody would let him in and he then made entry into the residence and observed Shawn Adkins standing in the hallway with a deer in the headlights look"

At 13 the harm is more likey to be from someones she knows or a stanger than from her parents.

I have tried to find a case that compares to this case for statistical value (if there is such a thing ) I can only think of 1 where the mothers B/F killed the teen daughter.

I am not comparing small children as those happen often but the motive is different.

I also can only think of one case where the step mother and father killed a teen.
on the other hand there are tons of cases where friends of the family or neighbors or stangers have kidnapped a child of ths age.

Murder is one thing. What about the stats of live-in b/fs and new step-dads that molest teenage daughters? Wonder if SA is into auto erotic asphyxiation?

me neither...how can she confirm "that he did indeed pound on the door" if she was not there?

Ok - here it is:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/image...edia/dox/pdf/2011_01/HaileyDunnAffidavits.PDF

SA Daniel A COTTNER and SA Janet THOMAS interviewd Clint DUNN 1-5-2011, and he stated that Dxxxx DUNN had told him he returned home at approximately 4:00pm on Monday afternoon, 12-27-2010 and pounded on the door for about 5 minutes and nobody would let him in. Dxxx DUNN made entry through a window and got into the residence. SA Janet THOMAS later interviewed Billie DUNN who confirmed that Dxxxx had indeed pounded on the door and nobody would let him in and he then made entry into the residence and observed Shawn ADKINS standing in the hallwy with a deer in the headlights look.

Now, that I just did all this. It could be read that CD told LE what DD told him and BD just "confirmed" the same thing. KWIM?

I still don't get how she could confirm it. She could confirm that that is what DD TOLD HER as well. But confirming the event would mean she was there.

Clear as mud?

I think we have to assume that she was not there because that is the time that HD went missing. LE has certainly verified where key players were at that time. I am certain they know that BD was still at work at that time.

Where does it specifically say the doors were locked or that SD locked them (BBM)? Its not in the affidavit. Do you have a link for the source?

SA was the only one home to lock the doors...
Sorry bout link it is in several articles in earlier threads that DD came home and all doors were locked.

I don't think so, because SA told BD the story of where HD was going that day. That was supposed to be at 3:15, and DD came home by 4pm. So for your version to take place, BD would have to have been home at that time when HD supposedly left. And LE would KNOW that already if she were not at work when
HD was last seen by SA.

That's assuming that BD is innocent of any wrongdoing and I'm just no where near there yet...now if she was covering up for Shawn, she could certainly be helping throw off the timeline...

Either way, I'm sure LE knows what time she really left..it's going to drive me nuts though...

We have NO idea whether or not Hailey was even in her bed that morning unfortunately...

Could be just another one of those pesky little details that because LE hasn't said what exact time she left work - she doesn't have to talk about it. And it could be one of those things that "the family hasn't been forthcoming" with.

The way that reads - BD confirmed that INDEED DD pounded on the door and nobody would let him in.

Unless she was there - she could not CONFIRM that he INDEED did this. She could state that DD TOLD HER that - just like DD TOLD CD about it. Hearing about something and CONFIRMING that something in my book are two distinct things.

True..but as Wise Old Owl pointed out..LE is perfectly clear that DD recounted the event to CD...not so with BD..very odd to say the least imo...

But there is no direct quote from CD either. Shouldn't LE have gotten the story directly from DD?

Yep, clear as mud.
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members